Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay! - Page 72 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #1066
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay!

btw is there a secret to sweden's pop reign? i mean, you guys don't even need to rely on music masters like max martin, shellback or redone, who pretty much rule pop music as we speak. i'd never heard of g.sson and yet he comes up with such a tune.

oh, and cyprus' entry? swedish producers. fucking hell, unbelievable.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #1067
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Yeah the definition of Europe is a bit weird in the Eurovision... I think Morocco once took part as well .
There would probably be a few more who entered but don't because they don't like Israel - Lebanon entered a few years ago but withdrew when they realised they'd have to broadcast the Isreali entry.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #1068
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

This song tells my opinion about the result of ESC, or even about the songs that qualified into ESC; They Don't Want Music. I mean there was only two performances in final I liked, Russia for the performance and Greece for their song and also peformance. But the rest of the songs, including winning song, were mugs of songs.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #1069
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed the Ukranian contribution. That was about the only one that I could enjoy in a musical sense of the word at all, to be honest.
Apart from the Russian entry, of course. These elderly ladies should have been the 2012 version of Lordi.

I died laughing at the horrible contribution from my own country, rightfully ousted in the semifinal.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #1070
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
What I don't get is why the Eurovision contest was held in Azerbaijan.
Australia and New Zealand were there as observers. Full membership is coming soon. Let's face it, they are more European than some of the competing countries.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #1071
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post

*edit: ah, buddyholly did. then again, he's taking the piss while I actually got that thing on auto-repeat.
But I did like it. It was Eurovision perfection. Only Cyprus and the grannies set my feet a-tapping. While Sweden made me jeer at their seriousness. Let's face it, after the immigrants in each country have voted for their homeland, there are still votes that have to be distributed. So they all go to ''neutral'' countries. You can substitute ''boring'' there and you end up with a Nordic winner. If there was an Americavision contest, canada would win every time.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #1072
country flag Stensland

Stensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond reputeStensland has a reputation beyond repute

nah, some latin american country would win every time. it's a cultural thing. imagine shakira singing for colombia - contest over. canada is just the lesser of two gringo evils.
Stensland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #1073
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

The Austrian women should have worn these to the final, then again the Azeris might have jailed them.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #1074
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

the ninja dance moves were legendary though.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #1075
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I enjoyed the Ukranian contribution. That was about the only one that I could enjoy in a musical sense of the word at all, to be honest.
Apart from the Russian entry, of course. These elderly ladies should have been the 2012 version of Lordi.

I died laughing at the horrible contribution from my own country, rightfully ousted in the semifinal.
My own country's contribution was as bad. seriously bad. But Ukraine? That woman was so cheesy.

But for me the worst of the worst:

Seriously, what the hell is this?
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #1076
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Turkish Sasha Baron Cohen was class.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #1077
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I only saw the second semi-final, and this was my favorite.

Although I have no idea what she is saying. But shouldn't it be mandatory that they sing in their own language?
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #1078
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

What a sad commentary on the depths to which MTF has sunk, that this perennial thread did not even get resurrected this year. I missed the whole thing without my MTF alert.

Or maybe it is just Europe that is declining into irrelevance.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #1079
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I was watching as always, but commenting elsewhere.

It was a decent show, not great. And Emmelie de Forest.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #1080
country flag PorkBarrel

PorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to Denmark but I think Norway was a better entry. Denmark was decent but not exceptional.

Romania and Greece were epic.

Bit of a weak year for Eurovision. No idea how the likes of Belgium/Lithuania/Armenia/Malta even made the final.

Tsonga, Wawrinka, Haas, Janowicz, Thiem, Llodra, Evans, Stepanek
PorkBarrel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote