Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #31
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Ireland couldn't afford to host it so they sent in the worst possible song they could, after winning it 3 years in a row.

The voting is a great highlight.
OK, maybe the Irish economy took off AFTER they stopped hosting it. It did launch RIVERDANCE however and that has made the GNP of Michael Flatley bigger than that of Ireland.

Yes, they could almost dispense with the songs and just have the voting by country.
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #32
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Nalby-Davy is such a bore compared to this thread.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #33
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly
ABBA? Sandie Shaw? Julio Iglesias? Celine Dion? Lulu? Olivia Newton John?
Cliff Richard?

Anyway you are missing the point. It is a song contest, not a singer contest.

And ''Volare'' was a winner. Probably my pick for best of the best.
Well to be honest, most of those didn't come out of Eurovision, they were already well known artists when they competed... another one is actually my favourite band of all time - The Shadows... how they managed to get beaten by a song like Ding-a-Dong will be one of life's eternal mysterys!

Volare was voted the 2nd best song after Waterloo

The best song of course should have been Diggi Loo Diggi Ley Or maybe that would be cheesiest song Anyway, I consider it a Eurovision classic!! For some reason they didn't put it in the running for the best ever song last year

Last edited by Peta Pan : 05-07-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:26 PM   #34
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nalby-Davy is such a bore compared to this thread.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:26 PM   #35
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

One of the underrated classics 2002 Sagapo from the Greeks.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #36
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan
Well to be honest, most of those didn't come out of Eurovision, they were already well known artists when they competed... another one is actually my favourite band of all time - The Shadows... how they managed to get beaten by a song like Ding-a-Dong will be one of life's eternal mysterys!
Well at least an appearance didn't ruin their careers. Are those the same Shadows that backed Sir Cliff? Did they sing or was it an instrumental?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #37
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
Well at least an appearance didn't ruin their careers. Are those the same Shadows that backed Sir Cliff? Did they sing or was it an instrumental?
Yep the same ones They sang for Eurovision... they could actually sing - I have a whole Shadows Vocals album. They just had all their success away from Cliff as an instrumental band
Old 05-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #38
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Davy-Nalby is delayed while they show Man.U. v Charlton.
Man. U is already 3-0 up with the best goal coming from Euell, who just happens to play for Charlton!
Old 05-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #39
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Apache
Old 05-07-2006, 02:53 PM   #40
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
Apache
Old 05-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #41
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

Eurovision!!! i only watch it for terry wogan's commentary, hes a cracker

omg have u seen UK entry!!!!!! omg just to let ya know!! we aint all like that silly chav!

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #42
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Eurovision Song Contest

Poland gonna send those dumbasses (sorry for word) Ich Troje again, I don't get the popularity of this idiotic band between the shop attendants and female teenagers going to job-schools in small towns bleeah.

I voted for Deziree "Good Girl" the way they performed live was claaaasssyy Actually there were few really good songs which could have been elected, but NO of course the biggest crap had to win!!! And you know who will perform with them as uhhh star? Real McCoy !!!!! Oh what a shame already....

On the other hand, what did I expect, it's only Eurovision And yes, Abba, Secret Garden and Celine Dion are

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:31 PM   #43
country flag Washa Koroleva

Washa Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy people

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
- Mark Twain
Washa Koroleva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #44
country flag Washa Koroleva

Washa Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond reputeWasha Koroleva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler

One of the underrated classics 2002 Sagapo from the Greeks.

Why are they dressed like this?
It's so sexy...

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
- Mark Twain
Washa Koroleva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #45
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

I still don't know if there were qualification rounds or if Austria was red-carded for bad behaviour.