Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #16
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay!

joe, don't take it seriously and it's the only time Wogan is funny.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #17
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan
I know you preferred the Bobbysocks Don't deny it, I remember you telling me the other day
Actually Secret Garden was probably the best

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #18
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

hmm that dark haired norwegian could be alright if he gained a bit of weight, and wore clothes that left something to the imagination.

DAMN IT. Peta, I have had that song stuck in my head you know! Thanks so much for sending it to me!
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #19
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I always forget to google. The web site has all 37 songs. With titles like ''Mum'' and "Why Angels Cry'' it promises to be a blockbuster. It is a home and away series over two nights, May 18 and 19. Nice of the Champions League to schedule their final as a warm-up to the big night.
Funny, but Austria is not on the list. Was it red-carded already? And Iceland is going with ''Congratulations''. Guess they think Cliff Richard is dead already and won't notice.
I think there should be a contest of all past winners of Euro, to find the song of songs.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #20
bad gambler

I predict a scandinavian country will win
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #21
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

They have done that, they had a 50 years Eurovision gig last year.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #22
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt that Finland will qualify for the final this year.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #23
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
No doubt, the worst competition in history. No decent single artist has come out of this competition
ABBA? Sandie Shaw? Julio Iglesias? Celine Dion? Lulu? Olivia Newton John?
Cliff Richard?

Anyway you are missing the point. It is a song contest, not a singer contest.

And ''Volare'' was a winner. Probably my pick for best of the best.

Last edited by buddyholly : 05-07-2006 at 02:10 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #24
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
They have done that, they had a 50 years Eurovision gig last year.
Well now you've ruined my week. Who won?
Old 05-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #25
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly
And Iceland is going with ''Congratulations''. Guess they think Cliff Richard is dead already and won't notice.
I think there should be a contest of all past winners of Euro, to find the song of songs.
I think it might be a different song

And yes the 50 years of Eurovision comp was done last year and Waterloo was ajudged the #1 Eurovision song of all time
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #26
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Thanks for that, so he was giving shit to the Christians as well then? This is the thing nothing wrong with a bit of controversy, it's just a question on what the message actually was.
Yes, nothing wrong with that itself mentioning that Christians were not most peaceful religion on earth. Of course, there is always the risk of misinterpreting the message, we can't say for sure how it was originally meant. But the media likes this and you can guess that every such comment or line in the lyrics which sounds like a complaint about Islam growing bigger and bigger in Europe, that a Muezzin leads the call to prayers in a mosque in the Pope's 'hometown' will be examined very closely and critisized. And this was about at the same time his book "Mein K(r)ampf" came out. Lots of people who only saw the title and condemned it as Nazi piece, but never took a closer look at the actual content of this book, didn't like that all of course, just added fuel into the debate. He was, could have been misunderstood. He mostly got hammered in public for that, but it got quiet again around him soon after.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #27
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
And then there was that Irish girl who won with a song that was a list of one-syllable words that were things she liked. I think even her own name was one syllable. That was fabulous. And look at the tremendous strides Ireland has made in the European Community as a result..
Ireland couldn't afford to host it so they sent in the worst possible song they could, after winning it 3 years in a row.

The voting is a great highlight.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #28
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ABBA? Sandie Shaw?
Or am I dreaming.
And then there was that Irish girl who won with a song that was a list of one-syllable words that were things she liked. I think even her own name was one syllable. That was fabulous. And look at the tremendous strides Ireland has made in the European Community as a result..
EEEEEEK "All Kinds Of Everything" It sounded like something that should have been reserved for The Sound Of Music!

Last year after the 50 years competition I ordered the CD/DVD double set. It has every single winner and other notable entries from throughout the history of the contest... pretty awesome stuff!
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #29
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Yes, nothing wrong with that itself mentioning that Christians were not most peaceful religion on earth. Of course, there is always the risk of misinterpreting the message, we can't say for sure how it was originally meant. But the media likes this and you can guess that every such comment or line in the lyrics which sounds like a complaint about Islam growing bigger and bigger in Europe, that a Muezzin leads the call to prayers in a mosque in the Pope's 'hometown' will be examined very closely and critisized. And this was about at the same time his book "Mein K(r)ampf" came out. Lots of people who only saw the title and condemned it as Nazi piece, but never took a closer look at the actual content of this book, didn't like that all of course, just added fuel into the debate. He was, could have been misunderstood. He mostly got hammered in public for that, but it got quiet again around him soon after.
Thanks for the clarification on that and as for the politics behind the decision. It's not like Austria has the greatest reputation and something like this wouldn't have helped, though from what I gather I don't think Poier was trying to sneak in some right wing extremist message.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
ABBA? Sandie Shaw? Julio Iglesias? Celine Dion? Lulu? Olivia Newton John?
Cliff Richard?

Anyway you are missing the point. It is a song contest, not a singer contest.

And ''Volare'' was a winner. Probably my pick for best of the best.
I edited my own post above without realizing that mention of DANA would initiate a flood of nostalgia.