Meet the Game Master
Also known as President of Dictators without Borders. Can not be killed (take note Kowchi). Will set time zone deadlines that annoy Pratik. Will still argue with 251kmphserve. Might lynch Doktor Carpet again by accident. Assigns the players their roles randomly - a la Sham Kay through random.org. Unlike redshifty, won't criticize the performance of the tards, no matter what. Manages with the tradition and best interests of the game in mind. If a player is not nice to him, so be it - will release the hounds. Reminds you that afterglows is a mod.
Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game
: There are two factions - the Arseclowns and the Mods. The objective is to eliminate the other team. The Arseclowns attempt to identify and vote the Mods to be purged during the daytime voting. The Mods ban one Arseclown during the night and try to keep their identities hidden.
: All players play the game based on their assigned roles. The roles will be allotted randomly by Ralph Wiggum's randomizer.
ALL PLAYERS SHOULD TAKE THE UTMOST CARE TO NOT REVEAL AND/OR STRONGLY HINT AT THEIR ROLE, EVEN THE LOWLY TARDS
Regular player, no special abilities. Completely oblivious to others' roles.
During the night, analyses another player. They will then find out whether the selected player is an Arseclown or one of the Mods. Can revel what (s)he find out, without directly revealing his/her own role.
During the night, the Pusher defends another player. If the selected player were to be banned that night, he or she is not banned. Does not affect gun shots.
Trolls (fires a gun at) a player of his choice into submission, baiting an instant ban. May only do this once per game, at night. Role is not revealed when gun is shot.
Reps a player (other than himself) at night. That player randomly receives either a gun, a Pushing Bot or a badrep. Goodrepper does not know what that player receives.
- Guns can only be used at night. Gun shooter is revealed with 50% probability. Having multiple guns is possible.
- Pushing Bots block gunshots and prevent trolling from the double account. Bots are destroyed once used to block a shot. Double botting is not possible. Pushing Bots do not work against lynching or mod's ban hammer.
- Two collected bad reps from the goodrepper make the person into a bomb. If the bomb is shot, the shooter dies with him. If the bomb is banned by the mods, one of the mods randomly dies with him.
Reps a player at night. That player gets an additional vote against him/her the following day. Can not rep himself. Note that negreps from the negrepper and bad reps from the goodrepper are different.
Loves gossiping. Can send an anonymous message to another player each night. Sends a PM to me, which I then forward to concerned player. The WTAtard's message should not reveal his/her identity.
Makes a bold prediction every night regarding who will die the following day. If he is correct, he will receive a gun that must be used the coming night. His identity will not be revealed on shooting he gun.
Selects a player during each night - is watching the selected player's every move. If the selected player visits someone, the Lurker gets to know who. If someone else visits the selected player, the Lurker also finds out. If the lurking player gangs up with a group during the night (ex: mods permabanning a player), the Lurker retreats in fear of getting caught.
Selects a player during each night. If the Blogger dies, the selected player's role is revealed in public.
Is aware of the identity of all the other Mods, apart from the Appeal Mod. Votes on a player to permaban during each night. In addition, is able to strip the abilities and gifts of a given player once per game. Does not start the game with a pushing bot.
Decide on a person to permaban during each night. The Mods are aware of the identity of all the other Mods, apart from the Appeal Mod. Can not ban the appeal mod.
A huge fan of the Mugerators that pretends to work with the Arseclowns. Does not ban with the Mods and is unaware of who they are initially. Chooses one person to troll everyday and blocks their night activities. Nothing happens if a Mod member is visited. The unbiased analyst's investigation reveals them as an Arseclown. Joins the mods once (s)he visits the mods or is visited by them. The appeal mod gets banning powers if (s)he is the only mod left.
When a player dies, he becomes a ghost. A ghost cannot reveal any of his suspicions or what he has found out while he was alive. Is welcome to post pics and talk about trivialities, if he/she can find something Kowchi hasn't already posted.
The game alternates between night and day phases, starting with night. All special abilities and gifts are used during the night. Generally, day and night periods will be 16-24 hours long, depending on the Game Master's schedule and the flow of the game. Game Master reserves the right to cut short either the day or night session, and like the USTA will not refund ticket holders except in the most special circumstances.
Every player votes for a person to be eliminated in the daily vote. You vote by posting the name of the person you want to be lynched in this thread during the day. Post the name in bold
and you may change your vote ONCE. Non bolded votes automatically count against Sony*.
Not voting during the day is acceptable as long as you say “NO VOTE” but doing it a 2nd time in a row counts as saying nothing. Not voting will earn you a vote against yourself the first time, adding up by 1 on each following day until you vote. Saying "NO VOTE" does not break this chain even if it's the first time you do that. So saying "NO VOTE" only has effect if it's Day #1 or if you have voted in the previous day. If no one votes at all, Game Master reserves the right to randomly ban Sham Kay.
Those with gifts and special abilities may perform their nightly activities if they wish to. The special roles' activities are performed by sending the Game Master a PM in which the action is explained. You can change your decision only once. If you don’t want to perform any action, you may send me a PM saying so. If everybody has sent their PMs I may cut the night short depending on my availability and the thread’s activity. Do not feel pressured to send a PM early in the night though, it’s perfectly ok if you want the night to go long.
The order in which the night actions take preference is the following:
Admin -> Appeal Mod -> Lurker -> WTAtard -> Blogger -> vGambler -> Goodrepper -> Badrepper -> Pusher -> Double Account -> Mods Permaban -> Shots Fired -> Unbiased Analyst
Points of Clarification
- Lynching is the action taken as a result of day voting and ignores any other effects (like pushing-bots, bombs). Blogger's effect still gets triggered (he is a "social media expert" and thus never leaves anyone alone quietly).
- Permabans by the Mod team can be decided individually or collectively. If I get different targets from different Mods, the majority wins, if there's a tie, Admin vote decides the tie if applicable, else I will use the random generator. If you're voting collectively, you should add the entire Mod team in your recipients list. By Mod team I mean the Mods with the power to vote on permabans.
- While the Pusher protects a player from multiple banhammers during the whole night, a pushing-bot only protects from one banhammer. Say a player is targeted with 2 banhammers and has 1 pushing-bot, that player will become a lonely ghost.
- If all the other Mods die, the Appeal Mod DOES NOT gain the power to permaban if he has never joined them.
- When the Admin strips a player, it does not prevent that player from acquiring new gifts.
- The Admin (who would apparently be playing to lose) can strip any other Mod if he chooses to. A stripped Mod loses the ability to vote and may not share PMs with the remaining Mods.
- The Admin does not keep gifts he strips from another player, to himself. They simply vanish like a retired poster.
- If the Blogger hasn't sent me the name of a player, or his ability does not resolve during his last night alive, his blog has been cursed by a broken link and no one is revealed upon his death.
Winning the Game
If all of the Mods are purged, the Arseclowns win.
If the number of surviving Arseclowns becomes equal to or less than the amount of surviving Mods, the Mods win. The number of Arseclowns and of Mods is evaluated only after all abilities have resolved.
Claiming to be a specific role is not allowed under any circumstances. You may say that you are an Arseclown or Mod, but stating or hinting at your specific role is not allowed (not even the tard role), whether it's a lie or not. Suggesting what you think/know others' roles are is perfectly fine. This particular Game Master will not hesitate to use his golden banhammer in such a scenario.
- You are not allowed to disclose in public information I have only disclosed to you (e.g. gifts acquired/used).
- PMing between players is not allowed. Only the Mods with permaban voting ability are exempt from this rule.
- Do not post screenshots or any other form of evidence of any PMs you receive from the GM (me).
- Punishment for abusing the rules may go from a vote against during the day, to a ban out of the game, depending on the severity of the abuse. I'll ask Dictator Pratik for the Dictator Best Practices manual.
* For legal reasons, Game Master has been told in fact these votes can't count against Sony.