Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay!

Ah! the wonderful cheese fest that is the Eurovision Song Contest is coming up again and it's such a cultural and quality event that it deserves its own thread.

After the great Norwegian entry of last year, the spandex wearing hair metal band that did Norway proud, it is sad to see that they have tried to win it this year and that goes against the ethos of it.

Let me guess I wonder if Greece will give Cyprus 12 points this year or not and vice versa these are very important questions.

Yes, they do the right thing and show it in Australia, though it is delayed, but it's still fun. The dodgy voting practices, the hosts and their bad jokes.

There needs to be more entries like this

Alfie Poier

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/eurovisi.../austria.shtml

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 05-08-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diggi Loo Diggi Ley the Eurovision Song Contest is coming oh yay!

I agree with everything you said about the Grand Prix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Alfie Poier
He certainly did the best he could do with such a song this year.

The 2005 performance was a bad joke though, nobody should enter the Grand Prix or even a qualifying with such lyrics that could definitely be interpreted as anti-islamist that Poier originally had and I'm glad that the Austrian TV rigged the voting to find a way to bully him out. With such lines you are maybe the king for some people who want to hear this, but you deserve to take every bashing on national stage for something like that.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
The 2005 performance was a bad joke though, nobody should enter the Grand Prix or even a qualifying with such lyrics that could definitely be interpreted as anti-islamist that Poier originally had and I'm glad that the Austrian TV rigged the voting to find a way to bully him out. With such lines you are maybe the king for some people who want to hear this, but you deserve to take every bashing on national stage for something like that.
What did he actually say?

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What did he actually say?
After his success in 2003 he tried again qualifying for the Grand Prix last year by winning the Austrian National Contest and he competed with a song "Good Old Europe is dying" which involved a line that said something like "and due to Mohammed aggrandizing well, the Muezzin will soon sing in Rome" (my own translation, original was like: 'und weil Mohammed sich so gut vermehrt, singt schon bald in Rom der Muezzin'). He replaced it for the final show, but you could guess he still got slagged off for that.

His whole song could be seen quite controversial it also involved a line where he made a reference to Christians wearing swords and praising the occident which was fading away, according to him.

He still had his fanbase and got more total votes than the winner at the end, but the people in charge responsible for the voting procedures and the organization of this qualifying event made sure he would not leave this contest as a winner to enter the Grand Prix and European Stage again.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Thanks for that, so he was giving shit to the Christians as well then? This is the thing nothing wrong with a bit of controversy, it's just a question on what the message actually was.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Go Finland!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #7
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex
Go Finland!

The Lithuanians have the right idea as well, these are the entries that need the highest points for being semi original.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-07-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Sweden should send Roger Pontare every year.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #9
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Old 05-07-2006, 01:22 PM   #10
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Obsessed Eurovision fan here and I've been awaiting it for months (and already have my CD, DVD and Fan Book pack on preorder from the official website ).

Although it's on delay here in Australia and I have to avoid all TV and internet connection for the entire day leading up to it being shown, it's one of my favourite events of the year.

Judging by that picture though, with my phobia of masks I may not even be able to watch Finland's entry I know there are some shockers entered... but then there always are

Eurovision forever
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #11
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The Norwegian entry from 2005, just cause that was the greatest ever entry from Norway, they deserve to be here.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #13
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Norwegian entry from 2005, just cause that was the greatest ever entry from Norway, they deserve to be here.
I know you preferred the Bobbysocks Don't deny it, I remember you telling me the other day
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #14
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

But you don't say when. I miss the Eurovision Song Contest so much. Ireland are the Brazil of the ESC.
I think I actually saw it in Costa Rica one year on RAI, TV5 or DW, but I need to know when it is so I can channel surf.
Help!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #15
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt, the worst competition in history. No decent single artist has come out of this competition

Always pisses me off seeing this pile of crap invading bbc Please put it on interactive service so we dont have to suffer it once again, and miss all the usual shows.
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote