The Gaston, Chucho, Nalle and Prieto Show in Düsseldorf Thread - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #91
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaston, Chucho, Nalle and Prieto Show in Düsseldorf Thread

Doubles is about to start. It has rained a bit after the 2 singles. Players are only back on the court now. Of course, all I could see were the 2 matchpoints. The irony lies in the fact that I have a doubles match on tv now, which I was absolutely not expecting. Just not the right players!!
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 04:35 PM   #92
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Doubles is about to start. It has rained a bit after the 2 singles. Players are only back on the court now. Of course, all I could see were the 2 matchpoints. The irony lies in the fact that I have a doubles match on tv now, which I was absolutely not expecting. Just not the right players!!
Oh go on - you KNOW you those ghastly Bryan Brothers really! Actually - because Ginepri/Karlovic finished earlier than anticipated - we did see about a set and a half of Gastón's match this afternoon. But frankly - he was woeful so you didn't miss much. He looked like he didn't care and couldn't be bothered whereas Vik was fighting hard and chasing everything. Don't be angry with me for saying this but I think Gastón's attitude was an insult to those poor people who had paid good money to sit and freeze in the stands to watch him

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #93
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Oh go on - you KNOW you those ghastly Bryan Brothers really! Actually - because Ginepri/Karlovic finished earlier than anticipated - we did see about a set and a half of Gastón's match this afternoon. But frankly - he was woeful so you didn't miss much. He looked like he didn't care and couldn't be bothered whereas Vik was fighting hard and chasing everything. Don't be angry with me for saying this but I think Gastón's attitude was an insult to those poor people who had paid good money to sit and freeze in the stands to watch him
Well, I could those ghastly Bryan bros if they weren't whining all the time just because 2 rain drops appeared on the court. That was also very disrespectful towards the crowd as well as their opponents. I mean, it's clay tennis. Since when have they to stop playing as soon as the very 1st rain drop falls down?

As for what we could see, you first have to know that we weren't getting live coverage. Well, not at the beginning. So, we had Blake vs Ljubo entirely. And then, the 2nd set of Ginepri vs Karlovic. To end up on that brilliant note: the Bryan bros live!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:24 PM   #94
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't be angry with me for saying this but I think Gastón's attitude was an insult to those poor people who had paid good money to sit and freeze in the stands to watch him
Rosie, I'm not angry, not with you !, but you can't really mean that! I think all of us know that the process goes on inside and that this is hitting Gastón badly! So this time he doesn't rip his shorts and therefore he doesn't care?

This is what appeared in the tournament's site after the match:

Afterwards Gaudio expressed his frustration, saying “I think I have to start again from scratch, that’s as bad as I’m playing at present. I am very frustrated and simply only bad on the court.”
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #95
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I could those ghastly Bryan bros if they weren't whining all the time just because 2 rain drops appeared on the court. That was also very disrespectful towards the crowd as well as their opponents. I mean, it's clay tennis. Since when have they to stop playing as soon as the very 1st rain drop falls down?

As for what we could see, you first have to know that we weren't getting live coverage. Well, not at the beginning. So, we had Blake vs Ljubo entirely. And then, the 2nd set of Ginepri vs Karlovic. To end up on that brilliant note: the Bryan bros live!!!
Well tomorrow we have Germany v Argentina - so I guess you will too - so that should cheer you up

And sorry Vale - but I did mean that We all have personal problems and issues away from the workplace sometimes - but we cannot bring them into work with us because it's unfair on colleagues and on the general public if we work with them. Today I had many friends who paid good money to watch him in Dusseldorf - and I think his bad attitude let them down. Sorry

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 05-22-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #96
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Well tomorrow we have Germany v Argentina - so I guess you will too - so that should cheer you up
Well, I won't be home. And we're announced big thunderstorms this afternoon, so I won't programm the vcr. I just hope I'm gonna see them later, tomorrow or on Thursday, as it's public holiday here.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #97
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie, I think you probably have great psychological strength, but not everyone is so fortunate and you can't blame them for their weakness.

Gastón is too vulnerable psychologically and to say “he didn't care and couldn't be bothered” is way off the mark. I think he cares more than most players, and that’s his real problem, he suffers too much on court.

In fact, he reacts so badly under stress that he should never have been a professional tennis player at all! That’s why I admire him all the more for having won a Grand Slam and staying up among the best ten players in the world for two years in spite of being emotionally fragile. I think he’s an example for all of us who aren’t Super Heroes of what one can achieve with willpower, making the most of one’s capabilities and surmounting obstacles. But he’s also worked damned hard at it, having the constancy to keep on with his long-term therapy and trying to improve his tennis.

I’m sorry for your friends who braved the cold and the rain, but if they’re fans of Gastón they should know that when you go to see a Gaudio match anything can happen. A miserable disappointment or some great tennis!

If the rains stops he's due to play against Kiefer, a difficult match for someone who says he's playing so badly that he should start again from scratch!

VAMOS GASTON!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #98
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I won't be home. And we're announced big thunderstorms this afternoon, so I won't programm the vcr. I just hope I'm gonna see them later, tomorrow or on Thursday, as it's public holiday here.
Good luck with that.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #99
country flag Vale

Acasuso just won in tiebreak in the third set! I hear he played "disappointingly"...
Old 05-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #100
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Chucho got the right result and well Gaston whatever happens will happen.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #101
country flag Eléa

Eléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond reputeEléa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but i can't help myself but saying how much i agree with what Vale had said. It's exactly the way i think. Reading that had even comforted me a bit. Thank you amiga

is it still raining in Dusseldorf or Gaston's match will start soon..?

Marcelo Rios - Hugo Armando (my Hugo's blog) - David Ferrer

all my support to: X-man, Lleyton, Mario, Feli, Diego H, Willy Canas, Ruben, Nico L, Igor, Peter, J-P and Robert & Rameez
to my "pti potes" Diego Junqueira , Gustavo Marcaccio & "Régis" Guzman
and Vince
Le crado Zabaleta "EveRRRybody"
Eléa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #102
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Ok- well let's just say we are all entitled to our opinions I admit maybe one of my biggest faults is an intolerance of other peoples' weaknesses - I wouldn't say I particularly have "great psychological strength" (no more than anyone else), but I do tend not to "suffer fools gladly" as we say here in England. So whilst I know I have endless sympathy and give support to those who are physically ill or suffering from bereavements etc - I do tend to get impatient with people who cite "mental fragility" or get emotional about tennis matches and other less important things, and just think they should get up and get on with it! So maybe that's a fault within myself not anyone else. Anyway - I apologise if I have upset anyone

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 05-23-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #103
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

No probs about that Rosie, but go the differing views.

I really can't be arsed making too much of a detailed comment about that point.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #104
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
No probs about that Rosie, but go the differing views.

I really can't be arsed making too much of a detailed comment about that point.
Differing views are good. It would be a boring world if we all thought the same - and I've always personally felt that a Players' Forum should be a place for people to discuss things openly and criticise their player if necessary instead of just the good old "Vamos whoever" with no criticism allowed! Or maybe I'm just turning grumpy in my old age and like to argue

Old 05-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #105
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Well it's the same with people I like and I expect the same in return, if they stuff up and don't play well, then that happens and not everything is fine and perfect in the world, that goes for everyone.

Kiefer is up a break at the moment.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1