Australia v New Zealand RL Test .. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
country flag Mr Flamboyant

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia v New Zealand RL Test ..

Australia predictably short at $1.20 .. Line at -12.5 .. Always favour Australia to win these annual Anzac tests comfortably, given it's a rare occurrence when the best possible 17 are actually available and selected (as opposed to the end of season tri-series).

Tough to get a good read on the Aussies' chemistry and combinations given the shortish preparation. Good looking New Zealand team, although bit of a question mark over how the players who've come from England will perform.
Mr Flamboyant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia v New Zealand RL Test ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flamboyant
Australia predictably short at $1.20 .. Line at -12.5 .. Always favour Australia to win these annual Anzac tests comfortably, given it's a rare occurrence when the best possible 17 are actually available and selected (as opposed to the end of season tri-series).

Tough to get a good read on the Aussies' chemistry and combinations given the shortish preparation. Good looking New Zealand team, although bit of a question mark over how the players who've come from England will perform.
Get on the Kangaroos Flamb and dont be shy buddy,actually predicted the line was gonna be -12.5pts,bookies right on the money only problem is that they didnt make the spread big enough!!Its should be atleast -20 to -24pts imo!!!Here are my reasons!!!

Andrews Freak Johns n Big Bad Ben Kennedy last test is a start and coule be the main reason,also Revenge is definetely on the minds but looking at this side to be honest i believe is one of The Best Kangaroos Sides in history imo,got everything from size,class and speed!!!Luke Odonell is the only one i could replace out of the starting 17!!!!One hell of a lineup,unbelieveable side!!!Lets ride the Kangaroos to the BANK,hopefully it will be all over by HT!!
See Kangaroos winning comfortable by 4 plus tries!!!Johns Man of the Match!!

Score Prediction Aus 50* - NZ ,12 to 18 max!!!!

Last edited by sports freak : 05-02-2006 at 04:35 PM.
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
bad gambler

I would be very suprised if the Kiwis don't make this close
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:18 AM   #4

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest BG,i dont think this will be close at all,cant believe Kiwi's want to risk Benji for this game!!Just have a look at that lineup n already its mind blowing!!!Already i see a couple of tries to Tahu/Gasnier!!!This game will get ugly,how ugly is the question,answer is very very ugly!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:23 AM   #5
country flag The Gucci one

The Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gucci one has a reputation beyond repute

Value is definitely with the Kiwis there coach is a master motivator.

QF Las Vegas 2006
QF Halle 2006
QF s-Hertogenbosch 2006
The Gucci one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:25 AM   #6
country flag Finns4

Finns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond reputeFinns4 has a reputation beyond repute

These games (OZ vs NZ not just ANZAC Test) are ether very close or a blow out, last 4 years has seen 5 kiwi victories. and a couple 1-12 margins to both teams. Two years ago on this match i had a massive multi wit Australia/Australia pay $1.15 lucky for me LOCKYER Kicked a field goal wit 30 seconds 2 go in the first half to make it 11-10. These games imo hav massive hoodoo lol

My Bets

LOCKYER Man of the match $11.00 --- Playin better football than the injured Joey atm

aswell

Joey Man of the match $5.50
Finns4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finns4
These games (OZ vs NZ not just ANZAC Test) are ether very close or a blow out, last 4 years has seen 5 kiwi victories. and a couple 1-12 margins to both teams. Two years ago on this match i had a massive multi wit Australia/Australia pay $1.15 lucky for me LOCKYER Kicked a field goal wit 30 seconds 2 go in the first half to make it 11-10. These games imo hav massive hoodoo lol

My Bets

LOCKYER Man of the match $11.00 --- Playin better football than the injured Joey atm

aswell

Joey Man of the match $5.50

Looking to much in the past champ,Aussies are in their prime champ during mid season while some of the Kiwi's arent who are playin in England!!Cant believe a few of the guys here think its going to be close!!!Whitewash is on the menu and it will be served up!!Does anyone know how good this lineup is????This game should be over by half time if not the spread will be imo!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:29 AM   #8

There could be value for NZ/Aust HT/FT for the loyal Kiwi backers if they think NZ could cover the spread!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:51 AM   #9
country flag andrew057

andrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond repute

Cooper and for that fact Gasnier being picked over Hodges makes me want to back the Kiwis on prinicple alone.

Will be back later this week with final picks.

Flam Ive got to disgaree with the best 17 being picked for Australia, because this is def not the case.
andrew057 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew057
Cooper and for that fact Gasnier being picked over Hodges makes me want to back the Kiwis on prinicple alone.

Will be back later this week with final picks.

Flam Ive got to disgaree with the best 17 being picked for Australia, because this is def not the case.
Come on champ,its obvisous the selectors dont want to change the side too much that lost in England,this game has REVENGE written all over it!!!Only torrentual rain could save the spread imo!!!

How can you say its not the Best 17 picked??Who could you name n replace with the 17,i would love to know,apart from Hodges but insayin soo will that make the side better!!!!!!!

Last edited by sports freak : 05-03-2006 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:11 AM   #11

Mr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond reputeMr Flamboyant has a reputation beyond repute

Well Andrew there'll always be conjecture over whether or not the best team has been picked ect, but what I meant is that the selectors basically have everyone available to pick for this one .. unlike a lot of those post season tri-series games where there's usually a fair few who're off limits due to off-season surgery or other injury reasons.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #12
country flag andrew057

andrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak
Come on champ,its obvisous the selectors dont want to change the side too much that lost in England,this game has REVENGE written all over it!!!Only torrentual rain could save the spread imo!!!

How can you say its not the Best 17 picked??Who could you name n replace with the 17,i would love to know,apart from Hodges but insayin soo will that make the side better!!!!!!!
M-A-T-T-H-E-W B-O-W-E-N
Old 05-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #13
country flag andrew057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flamboyant
Well Andrew there'll always be conjecture over whether or not the best team has been picked ect, but what I meant is that the selectors basically have everyone available to pick for this one .. unlike a lot of those post season tri-series games where there's usually a fair few who're off limits due to off-season surgery or other injury reasons.
Ok bro, I can argee with that
Old 05-03-2006, 07:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew057
M-A-T-T-H-E-W B-O-W-E-N
Bowen defense is abit suspect compared to Hunt,plus Carmichael i feel is playing
great footy from rd 1 to now,while Bowen there has been glimpses which of course you expect that!!The question is will Bowen make the team better or Hunt,i think i will go with Hunt imho!!!!!Hunt for better value,selectors did the right job!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #15

Yet I'd say unreservedly, it will be a travesty if Bowen isn't selected as Queensland's fullback for the first State of Origin .. He MUST be given more minutes on the field than he's had in previous series.

Anyway, that's off the subject .. I think Hunt's superior size and the fact he had a very strong game against Canberra got him across the line. Bowen probably picked the worst game possible to come up with a few 'clangers' as he did against the Roosters.