Who's going? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #46
country flag AsianSensation

AsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going?

JMG looked real good in his two matches today, it was the first time I've seen him play and I can see why he used to be where he was

I was basically roaming the grounds today trying to get autographs, and players I saw:

Andy Murray (twice)
Paradorn Srichaphan (twice)
Arnaud Clement (twice)
Julien Benneteau
Sebastian Grosjean
Nicolas Mahut
Lleyton Hewitt
Tim Henman
Gilles Muller
Kevin Kim
Marat Safin - god damn he's tall in person!

Djokovic~Haas~Gasquet~Lopez~Dimitrov~Nishikori~Kar lovic~Fognini~Gulbis

Last edited by AsianSensation : 07-30-2006 at 12:26 AM.
AsianSensation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2006, 12:49 AM   #47
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pyromatic
I think I took some of him today. If they're any good, I'll post them in his forum.
Danke.

AsianSensation, thanks for the report.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:02 AM   #48
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianSensation
Marat Safin - damn he's tall in person!
When he was practicing with Murray, this kid in front of me said, "he's a giant!!!"
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:08 AM   #49
country flag _pyromatic

_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute_pyromatic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Marat Safin - god damn he's tall in person!
I'm so sad I missed him. Do you remember when he was practicing?

"Truth is great and will prevail if left to itself."
_pyromatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:58 AM   #50
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Smucav, what is Bremond doing there

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:35 AM   #51
country flag AsianSensation

AsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _pyromatic
I'm so sad I missed him. Do you remember when he was practicing?
It was around 5 in the evening I think. He was with Murray and Gilbert.

Djokovic~Haas~Gasquet~Lopez~Dimitrov~Nishikori~Kar lovic~Fognini~Gulbis
AsianSensation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:56 AM   #52
country flag carroll

carroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond reputecarroll has a reputation beyond repute

Marat was on the same place as Gilbert ???? Wow he must be very desperate to practice because he can't stand the guy...

When you win, when you lose, when you smile or when you're mad : Marat you're still the best to watch.

"Just give yourself the opportunity, give yourself the chance. You have to
be happy with what you have achieved and don't take any notice if somebody
tells you that you should have achieved much more. You have achieved what
you have achieved. Nobody can take that away and you have a clear
conscience." Marat
carroll is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #53
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
Smucav, what is Bremond doing there
$75K USTA women's challenger:
http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.co...=specialevents

The women I've talked to said that's it's one of the best challenger events--biggest prize money, better facilities, hotel, etc.--so I think some players who could get into the qualifying at San Diego would rather play in DC.

Bremond is cute as a button in person & definitely doesn't look almost 27. I think the guy with her was her husband/trainer.

Last edited by smucav : 07-30-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:30 AM   #54
country flag smucav

Quote:
It was around 5 in the evening I think. He was with Murray and Gilbert.
I think it might have been earlier because I got home at 5:30 & I had watched a lot of that practice & walked around some more before I left.

When Murray was practicing earlier (with Gilbert), he was wearing dark blue clothes & was wilting quickly much to Gilbert's dismay. (Or maybe he was annoyed that Murray was hitting every ball into the net or over the baseline.) When he was practicing with Safin later in the day, he had changed into one of the t-shirts the tournament volunteers wear (bright yellow). Did he not pack any light colored clothes?

There was a short, older guy with Safin retrieving balls & speaking to him in Russian.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #55
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smucav
$75K USTA women's challenger:
http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.co...=specialevents

The women I've talked to said that's it's one of the best challenger events--biggest prize money, better facilities, hotel, etc.--so I think some players who could get into the qualifying at San Diego would rather play in DC.

Bremond is cute as a button in person & definitely doesn't look almost 27. I think the guy with her was her husband/trainer.
Ah. Doh I hadn't looked into that yet.

Séverine is nice Very pretty in person too. If it's Mr. Bremond, then it's her husband I preferred Beltrame as surname

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #56
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smucav
There was a short, older guy with Safin retrieving balls & speaking to him in Russian.
That might be Walt Landers. I saw someone's photos from yesterday and Walt is in them working out with Paradorn.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:09 PM   #57
country flag smucav

Players I saw today:
Tomas Zib
Paul Hanley
Kevin Ullyett
Scott Oudsema
Bobby Reynolds
Justin Gimelstob
Severine Beltrand
Andy Ram
Jonathan Erlich
Luke Bourgeois
Karan Rastogi
Somdev Devvarman
Kenneth Carlsen
Severine Bremond
Tim Smyczek
James Blake/Mardy Fish
Bjorn Phau
Scott Oudsema/Sam Querrey
Paradorn/Danai Udomchoke
Janko Tiparevic/Gilles Muller
Andy Murray/Brad Gilbert
Julien Benneteau
Sebastien Grosjean/Justin Gimelstob/Arnaud Clement
Michael Venus

Andy (Roddick) arrived yesterday, is "feeling better," and should practice tomorrow.

Last edited by smucav : 07-30-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:10 PM   #58
country flag smucav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
That might be Walt Landers. I saw someone's photos from yesterday and Walt is in them working out with Paradorn.
The old guy with Paradorn & the old guy with Safin are two different people.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #59
country flag Fee

I hope the old guy with Safin isn't as crazy as the old guy with Paradorn. Do not get 'stuck in an elevator' with Walt Landers if you can avoid it. He knows his stuff (physical training) but he's a bit much. Come to think of it, he worked with Marat last year, but I guess Marat got tired of him and let him go.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #60
country flag smucav

The funniest thing I saw today was Mardy Fish getting a pen out of his bag to sign autographs after his practice session with James Blake and everyone completely ignoring him (& not asking for autographs) and instead mobbing Blake who needed three security guards to get him back to the lockerroom. (There was a similar scene later with Brad Gilbert: all these kids were mobbing him for autographs while Andy Murray stood there eating ice cream & being ignored by the kids.)

Re. Oudsema: he's definitely improved a lot since playing the qualifying here last year. Maybe his first ATP win & taking a set off of Andy last week will really help him take that next step & he will be the one from the class of 2004 U.S. juniors (Jenkins, Simmonds, Evans, etc.) to finally have a breakthrough. Querrey (who is a year younger & was practicing with Oudsema) has already moved past them in both ranking and results & may soon leave them all in the dust.

Last edited by smucav : 07-30-2006 at 09:43 PM.