Doha articles - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2004, 05:26 PM   #61
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Doha articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyverN
Soon we will leak into every forum. I suggest we take over "Bug/Error Reporting and Questions " next, what do you say hitler?

I could see this happening!
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2004, 05:28 PM   #62
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Doha articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Then again it's not often that we see the same things, this is not a bad thing, jackson you are not one of those fans who think it's a disaster when their favourite loses, or if you are you hide it well.

It seems some fans think that he is going to have an 82-3 record like McEnroe did or something similar.
I don't think any man will ever equal that season of McEnroe's! It's his greatest achievement, imo.

Even Sampras and Agassi never came close to a year like that.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:59 PM   #63
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Now that we've sorta changed this thread from an Andy-cheering to a Tim-cheering thread, can I post this here?

Whoooooo! Tim!!!

Go Timbo! Go Timbo!!! You can do it! Kick Ljubicic's sorry whiny ASS!!!

Henman races to victory

Henman was always in control.

Tim Henman made light work of beating Sargis Sargsian to claim a semi-final spot at the Qatar Open.

The Briton's all-round game proved too strong for the Armenian, and he came through in straight sets 6-3 6-1.

Henman, the seventh seed, has started the year in fine form following a successful end to 2003 when he won his first ever Masters Series title.

He is the highest seed left in the tournament and will play Ivan Ljubicic of Croatia for a place in the final.

Henman broke serve in the first game of the match and was always in control from then on.

His second ace of the match took him 4-2 ahead and although Sargsian saved another break point to reduce the deficit, Henman broke again to seal the opening set.

Two more breaks of serve saw the four-time Wimbledon semi-finalist race through the second set as he continued his encouraging build-up to the Australian Open later this month.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:13 PM   #64
country flag MisterQ

Default Re: Doha articles

Go Timmy-tim-TIM!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:19 PM   #65
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

Two more breaks of serve saw the four-time Wimbledon semi-finalist
poor dude man, he'll forever be known as a millionth time Wimbledon semi-finalist. that is if he doesn't change it
would be good to see Tim win it, but i would prefer Escude (i really wanted Grosjean though but he lost )

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #66
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

YAY Tim

GO ON AND WIN IT!

If he keeps this up, he's gonna be dangerous this year!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #67
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Go Tim al the way!

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #68
country flag MisterQ

Streaking Henman Surges Into Semis In Qatar

Photo By Fred Mullane By Brad Falkner
01/09/2004
Success has been a stress reliever for Tim Henman. No longer restricted by the strait jacket of stress that immobilized him in the past, a relaxed Henman has found his flow on the court and is producing some of the finest tennis of his career.

Playing superb attacking tennis, Henman stretched his winning streak to nine matches, surging into the semifinals of the $1 million Qatar Exxon Mobil Open with a comprehensive 6-3, 6-1 thrashing of Sargis Sargsian in Doha today.

The match lasted a mere one hour, seven minutes and served as a showcase for Henman's stellar net play. Though Henman did not exclusively employ a serve-and-volley strategy throughout, he often worked his way to net to punctuate points with sharp volleys that frequently left Sargsian stabbing at shots that eluded him.

The two-time tournament finalist advanced to the final four for the the third time in four trips to Qatar. Henman meets Ivan Ljubicic for a place in the final. The hard-serving Croatian upset fourth-seeded French man Sebastien Grosjean 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 in his quarterfinal. Wild card Nicolas Escude continued his inspired run through the draw, dispatching Korea's Hyung-Taik Lee 6-4, 6-2 to set up a semifinal showdown with Agustin Calleri, who conquered Jonas Bjorkman, 6-4, 6-4. Bjorkman beat top-seeded Andy Roddick in straight sets yesterday.

In his nine-match winning streak that began with his title trip to the BNP Paribas Masters championship, Henman has beaten several current or former top 10 players including the top-ranked Roddick, Wimbledon winner Roger Federer, three-time French Open champion Gustavo Kuerten and Grosjean.

The 29-year-old Oxford native believes he bears the burden of big match pressure better now that he has learned to lighten up.

"I've been guilty in the past of trying too hard in matches, which creates more tension," said Henman. "This tension may have restricted my movement, which has a negative effect on my play."

In an era of baseline blasters, Henman's classically game can sometimes seem like a string section at a heavy-metal concert, but it's clear by his demeanor on the court Henman now grooves to a more upbeat and relaxed tempo.
"In practice, when I'm loose and relaxed I play better tennis," Henman said. "And that's what I'm trying to do now in my matches."
Old 01-09-2004, 04:15 AM   #69
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Timmy needs some more ruthless aggression on the court, he is still too nice and I don't sense that there is much fire there. The only time of the year that anyone in England cares about Tim is when he is playing Wimbledon and then he is crippled by fear.

Tangerinus, thanks for the suggestions I'll be updating the point score regularly and clearing up the one-hit wonder thing.

Bunkie, I would have left on my accord, but since you have shown me such great hospitality I am finding this very difficult, almost impossible.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 01-09-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 12:11 PM   #70
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

difficult, almost possible?

Is that a typo?

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

George W. Bush, 2000

Old 01-09-2004, 12:45 PM   #71
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was a typo jackson thanks for pointing that out.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:19 PM   #72
WyverN

WyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond reputeWyverN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Doha articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Anyways, Hitler and Wyvner need to start a thread in GM that tracks their Roddick/Hewitt bet all year long. I'd like to see that.
lol not a bad idea. maybe i will start one once the draw comes out

Quote:
and GWH and Wyver.... please just leave.
I'd love to but I have to follow hitler around to make sure he doesn't say something silly

besides i am a fan of Roddick's power game
WyverN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:22 PM   #73
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

if you want to come here and engage in nice discussions with us, I'd love for you to stay. I mean it. But I really don't care for you guys to turn this board into another outlet for your arguments, please

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 01-09-2004, 08:55 PM   #74
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

I rather enjoy reading their arguments.

George H.W. Bush, 1988

George W. Bush, 2000

Old 01-09-2004, 09:19 PM   #75
country flag Deboogle!.

good, go to GM and read them