I propose "Restricted Posting Abilities" as warning before Banning! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #1
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb I propose "Restricted Posting Abilities" as warning before Banning!

May I suggest to contemplate the idea of adding a "restriction to post", let's say max 10 posts per day.

I dunno if that's possible but I think it's a good idea to do before deciding to ban anyone.

I've got someone in mind who's been acting as a fool for some time now.......and no, it's not me

Thanks in advance

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #2

Default Re: I propose "Restricted Posting Abilities" as warning before Banning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denaon
May I suggest to contemplate the idea of adding a "restriction to post", let's say max 10 posts per day.

I dunno if that's possible but I think it's a good idea to do before deciding to ban anyone.

I've got someone in mind who's been acting as a fool for some time now.......and no, it's not me

Thanks in advance
Doesn't the MTF at least give a warning, if not more than one warning, before someone is banned from the Forum?
I think the MTF Admin. is very fair to people so that makes me think that the MTF wouldn't just ban someone without warning them. Unless someone did something really awful and right off hand I can't think of what that might be?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

It generally takes a long time for someone to get banned here, and they really have to cause a lot of trouble before it happens. You're right Mae, the admins give people at least one "official warning" before any kind of permanent ban, and I think there also may be the possibility for a "suspension" or temporary ban before anything permanent, but I'm not sure about that. But yea they definitely don't just ban someone out of the blue unless it's something like you said, really really egregious.

In theory some kind of limit sounds good, then again if the person is causing that much trouble, letting them post still 10 times a day or something is still enough for them to cause trouble if that's what they want to do.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:18 AM   #4

You know Denaon if you are really concerned about your friend have you tried talking to him/her yourself about behavior on the Forum? Sometimes just hearing something from a friend is all a person needs to change. But I'm sure the MTF Admin. will be very fair with your friend or anyone else before they are completely banned from the Forum for good
Old 05-01-2006, 05:32 AM   #5
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
You know Denaon if you are really concerned about your friend have you tried talking to him/her yourself about behavior on the Forum? Sometimes just hearing something from a friend is all a person needs to change. But I'm sure the MTF Admin. will be very fair with your friend or anyone else before they are completely banned from the Forum for good
Actually I meant this as a "warning"...it was just a thought..

I dunno, maybe it's worthless but everytime I have any "idea" I just propose it...just in case it's good indeed.........although I don't expext any of them to be brilliant

BTW that poster is not a friend of mine...it's not me who might say something to him/her...

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:30 AM   #6
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

We usually send out warnings before banning someone. However, if that person is constantly making arguments, having a double account, posting racist or homophobic comments, the warning will be a suspension. It could be a couple of weeks, a month or even longer before a permanent ban. If it is "that" bad, he/she could be directly banned. We're getting more and more strict with this cause we've been having many arguments and complaints lately, so please, as gravity said: "Think before you post" It's a simple "warning" or advice we sent out to all of you

Last edited by jazz_girl : 05-27-2006 at 11:27 AM.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:37 AM   #7

That sounds very fair to me And Denaon it is very nice of you to be so concerned about someone else. The way you posted I thought the person was a friend of yours. That's why I mentioned you talking with them.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anything that can be done about posters like angiel who insist upon posting a litany of general-news Sampras articles in GM that are more suitable for the player's forum? She knows the rules but insists on being a Sampras troll anyway.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #9
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Doesn't the MTF at least give a warning, if not more than one warning, before someone is banned from the Forum?
I think the MTF Admin. is very fair to people so that makes me think that the MTF wouldn't just ban someone without warning them. Unless someone did something really awful and right off hand I can't think of what that might be?
When I was banned I got no warning whatsoever.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:46 AM   #10
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Just to be clear, when were you banned?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 12-23-2006, 03:05 AM   #11
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb!. View Post
Just to be clear, when were you banned?
Newport's tuesday.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:40 AM   #12
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Newport's tuesday.
So, before the new ownership and changed moderation? All I know is that since September, things have changed and the policies are open and publicized now. See the general guidelines announcement at the top of all the forums and the banned users thread in the announcements forum.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #13
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was fully deserved though, there's no room for trolls on MTF
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #14
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
It was fully deserved though, there's no room for trolls on MTF
If that was true, you should had come with me and all...
Old 12-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #15
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If that was true, you should had come with me and all...
I'm an angel compared to you
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote