The * Beat 'Em All in Barca, David* Cheering Thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #166
country flag FerrersLinda

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The * Beat 'Em All in Barca, David* Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Serves me right leaving after the first set. But a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do

Miracle tomorrow anyone?
Hey Doc!

The first was the Gonzo of old, whacking balls like it was going out of style and basically blowing David off the court. I was waiting for Gonzo's shots to stop falling in the court. Which happened in the second.

Hey, it's a game, so anybody can win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seville View Post
I was working. I could only watch the last set
Lucky you. The first was horrendous to watch. Second was better and the third was loads of fun but of course you know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katewallace View Post
Praying for one!

Pleased as punch that David won today. Hope those that are lucky enough to be in Barcelona are having enough fun for us all.
David looked pleased as punch too at the end of that match. Big ol' smile on his face.
FerrersLinda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #167
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

LINDA!! Nice to see you around too
I will be watching tomorrow for sure And you are right it is a game but it is so nice to see David on my screen again that I could care less who wins Still want a miracle though

Hope you are doing well
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #168

FerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond reputeFerrersLinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LINDA!! Nice to see you around too
I will be watching tomorrow for sure And you are right it is a game but it is so nice to see David on my screen again that I could care less who wins Still want a miracle though

Hope you are doing well

Great to see that you still care about David. It is lovely to see him on tv. Nothing better than waking up to a good Ferrer fight.

I'm doing fine and I'm optimistic for tomorrow. Not saying he will win but I do actually give him a chance. But to be honest, I'd be happy if it's an exciting match. Doesn't matter to much who wins.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #169
country flag Jillian

Jillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond reputeJillian has a reputation beyond repute

What a great fightback by David after that first set where Gonzo was playing "lights out" tennis, not a lot of other players would have made a comeback after that.

So proud of Ferru for the way he sticks at it and never gives up. Not sure if he can beat Rafa tomorrow, but for the first time ever I won't be cheering for Rafa to win a match.

What an effect this man seems to have on me.....................
Jillian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian View Post
What a great fightback by David after that first set where Gonzo was playing "lights out" tennis, not a lot of other players would have made a comeback after that.

So proud of Ferru for the way he sticks at it and never gives up. Not sure if he can beat Rafa tomorrow, but for the first time ever I won't be cheering for Rafa to win a match.

What an effect this man seems to have on me.....................
He does seem to have quite an effect on you. And he's only such a small little guy.

His never give up attitude is exactly what first got my attention and is still the main reason why he's my favorite player. Of course his ridiculous tantrums, when he tears up his shirt or tells himself he's playing with a skirts on, are another reason to love him.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #171
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post

Great to see that you still care about David. It is lovely to see him on tv. Nothing better than waking up to a good Ferrer fight.

I'm doing fine and I'm optimistic for tomorrow. Not saying he will win but I do actually give him a chance. But to be honest, I'd be happy if it's an exciting match. Doesn't matter to much who wins.
I never stopped Just got fed up with MTF for a bit and have little time.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #172

Quote:
I never stopped Just got fed up with MTF for a bit and have little time.
Cool

Yeah, I got tired of MTF for a while too but I'm back!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #173
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I missed a good match but glad he's won and my lovely daddy recorded it for me so I can watch the match from the comfort of my sofa with a glass of wine knowing he's going to win
alisia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #174
country flag alisia

alisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond reputealisia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrersLinda View Post
He does seem to have quite an effect on you. And he's only such a small little guy.

His never give up attitude is exactly what first got my attention and is still the main reason why he's my favorite player. Of course his ridiculous tantrums, when he tears up his shirt or tells himself he's playing with a skirts on, are another reason to love him.
so it's got nothing to do with what lurks under the clothes then but I agree it's his attitude that does it for me as well it's just a bonus he's a good looking boy
Old 04-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #175
country flag alisia

Quote:
Serves me right leaving after the first set. But a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do

Miracle tomorrow anyone?
Dr Sue

Believe me if you'd saw him play on Tuesday you'd realise it's a miracle he made it past the first round
Old 04-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #176
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia View Post
Dr Sue

Believe me if you'd saw him play on Tuesday you'd realise it's a miracle he made it past the first round
You were there? Guess he is a slow starter
I am heading up at 4pm to watch it delayed on the TTC. Hubby is a fan of Gonzo so some good natured kidding is coming his way

Won't be around tomorrow at match time though. Have this fashion show that I am in ugg.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #177
country flag alisia

Quote:
You were there? Guess he is a slow starter
I am heading up at 4pm to watch it delayed on the TTC. Hubby is a fan of Gonzo so some good natured kidding is coming his way

Won't be around tomorrow at match time though. Have this fashion show that I am in ugg.
yes I was unfortunately we come home today
Old 04-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisia View Post
so it's got nothing to do with what lurks under the clothes then but I agree it's his attitude that does it for me as well it's just a bonus he's a good looking boy
You're back!!!!

Of course it hasn't got anything to do with his body.

Quote:
You're a model?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #179
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

I thought the match was excellent! One DF for Gonzo during the whole match and it gave David match point And looking at the stats the match was so close but the better man won

Well if you can call a 5 ft 3 in 51 yo a model blah. It is a fundraiser for the Breast Care Center of the hospital that I work in. I modeled the first year and then the next 6 years had the same excuse but this year they changed the date and the gal running it twisted my wee little arm I am not looking forward to it. The only grace is that I should be home by 4 pm and I think TTC is showing it delayed again. Oh and my oldest comes home from Italy tomorrow night too. Too bad it was not tomorrow day cuz then I would have had a different excuse
Ok I will go to the truncated part 2 version of the chat thread
Old 04-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #180
country flag iSzavay.

iSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against Rafa David