Nalbandian def. Seppi 7-5 7-5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nalbandian def. Seppi 7-5 7-5

After being down 2-5 in the first set he turned it around and was able to win it by 7-5 and let's not talk about the second set, cause he could have won it more easily than that
Anyway, congrats for the win
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nalbandian def. Seppi 7-5 7-5

I was waiting for you to post it Jazz.

It's a win, so...well done David . And don't make us suffer that much next round. Oh I know that is too much to ask.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #3
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be playing Robredo next, so I can see some suffering coming up.
I hope he doesn't play the first match, so he doesn't have to complain again
Old 04-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
country flag Julio1974

Julio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see a lot of suffering coming up with David, Gaudio and Coria. Robredo will be tough.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #5
country flag NATAS81

NATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond repute

He would've had Seppi in the third anyway.
NATAS81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
He'll be playing Robredo next, so I can see some suffering coming up.
I hope he doesn't play the first match, so he doesn't have to complain again
Nothing new. We're used to all that, aren't we?

Godd luck against Tommy, Daveeeed.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #7
country flag jazz_girl

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4923272.stm
Nalbandian angry with early start
David Nalbandian hit out at organisers of the Monte Carlo Masters after struggling to overcome Italian Andreas Seppi 7-5 7-5 in the second round.
The Argentine, a semi-finalist at the Australian Open earlier this year, was unhappy with his 10am start.

"It's ridiculous to play at this time," said the third seed.

Meanwhile, countryman Guillermo Coria saved four match points and fought back from 5-1 down in the second set to beat Paul-Henri Mathieu 1-6 7-6 6-4.

Coria, who has reached the last three finals of this event, could not get going in a one-sided opening set and then lost the first four games of the second.

But the sixth seed fought back to take the second set 8-6 in a tie-break and then edged the decisive set to book his place in the third round.

Swiss top seed and world number one Roger Federer eased past Alberto Martin of Spain 6-0 6-1.

The seven-time Grand Slam champion has never been beyond the quarter-finals at Monte Carlo.

Title holder Rafael Nadal was equally impressive, crushing wild card Jean-Rene Lisnard, who beat Britain's Andy Murray in the first round, 6-4 6-1.

Juan Carlos Ferrero, winner in 2002 and 2003, advanced with a 6-1 6-2 demolition of Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
country flag raeesa301

raeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond reputeraeesa301 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the interview. It's quite short:
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How do you feel on clay at the moment?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, not hundred percent. But I don't know, the match today, it's difficult to take something positive. I mean, I didn't play my best.

Q. Was it too early for you?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Very early. I don't know, this kind of tournament, it's ridiculous to play at this time. Looks like, I don't know, futures - futures in, I don't know, nowhere. So it's ridiculous.

Q. You're not used to playing that early?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: No, no. And when you ask to play a little bit late, so it's worse.

Q. What is your main ambition at the moment?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, try to win a tournament. I mean, I know that I can play good on clay as well, so I have to keep going, try to get more confidence every match that I play. I didn't play lot of matches after Paris last year, Roland Garros, so I didn't play many tournaments on clay, so that's tough in the beginning.

But I feel that I can play better.

Q. In which respect above all?

DAVID NALBANDIAN: Well, I don't know. I have to try to play my game all the time.
raeesa301 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #9
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond reputeKoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute

David just had a touch more to his game since both of them are similar in style.

Another Game for Milos

ROGER

KoOlMaNsEaN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #10
country flag musefanatic

Location: In Monaco harbour waiting for next week's GP with a drunken Kimi
musefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Good one David

15 wins- 14 poles- 456 points

Murray HenmanNieminen Ferrero Federer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
oh then i come to share the bed
musefanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:50 PM   #11
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4923272.stm
Nalbandian angry with early start
David Nalbandian hit out at organisers of the Monte Carlo Masters after struggling to overcome Italian Andreas Seppi 7-5 7-5 in the second round.
The Argentine, a semi-finalist at the Australian Open earlier this year, was unhappy with his 10am start.

"It's ridiculous to play at this time," said the third seed.
Let's hope he plays a little bit late next round. But man, he likes to complain! As a professional he should be ready for anything. And 10 AM, is not THAT early anyway.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #12
country flag Julio1974

Julio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond reputeJulio1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiaM
Let's hope he plays a little bit late next round. But man, he likes to complain! As a professional he should be ready for anything. And 10 AM, is not THAT early anyway.
He behaves like a spoiled child sometimes.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #13
country flag yoguis

yoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond reputeyoguis has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos David!
yoguis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #14
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio1974
He behaves like a spoiled child sometimes.
And isn't that why we like him? j/k
Old 04-19-2006, 08:44 PM   #15
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

10:00 a.m. is early but they have to do that because there is only so much sunlight, they don't really use the lights and clay matches (even best of 3) can theoretically go o for a long time.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote