I hope Marcos has a great visit to Portugal - Estoril Open - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #1

Default I hope Marcos has a great visit to Portugal - Estoril Open

Well I hope Marcos will be well in time to play this Tournament so I went ahead and put the thread up. Please get well soon Marcos
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
country flag LostGlory

LostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hope Marcos has a great visit to Portugal - Estoril Open

what exactly is his injury.....
Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 AM   #3
KaZa

KaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond reputeKaZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostGlory
his pride
KaZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
country flag kindablue

kindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond reputekindablue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostGlory
Hurt Baghdatis forced to retire in Houston

2006/4/15
HOUSTON, AP

Fourth-seeded Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus retired in his second-round match against American Vince Spadea on Thursday because of lower back pain.
The unseeded Spadea was ahead 6-2, 3-1 when Baghdatis walked to the sideline favoring his right leg after being broken for the third time in the match and told the umpire he could not continue.

"We still don't know what it is," Baghdatis said. "Maybe a nerve got squeezed. I just felt pain coming down my leg."

While practicing his serve before going on the court for the match, Baghdatis occasionally kneaded a muscle on the back of his right hip and bent forward to stretch regularly. He said that was when he first felt the pain.

During the match, Baghdatis initially asked for a trainer a game before being broken a second time to drop the first set. The trainer came out and stretched Baghdatis' right leg as he lay on a table courtside. When the Australian Open finalist returned to the court, he won four straight points to break Spadea for his first lead of the match, 1-0.

Spadea broke back in the next game and then held to lead 2-1. The trainer returned on the change over and stretched both of Baghdatis' legs as he lay on towels on the ground.

When the Cypriot went back to serve he was limping slightly. Five points and another break later, he told the umpire he needed to retire.

"I tried. I wanted to play," the 20-year-old said. "I didn't want to stop a match like this but the pain was getting worse."

The match was the first between the two players.

Spadea could sympathize. He retired at non-tour event at River Oaks Country Club in Houston last week with an elbow injury.

"I didn't want to have a worse injury and be out weeks and weeks," Spadea said. "Pain is a sign of illness, it could get worse right away."

Baghdatis came into the tournament after playing 11 sets in two days when Cyprus played at Bulgaria in the Davis Cup. But since his unexpected run to the finals of the year's first Grand Slam in Melbourne, he's been playing a lot.
kindablue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
country flag hawk

hawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond reputehawk has a reputation beyond repute

No Estoril for Marcos. He decided to go for the Rome Master Series followed by Hamburg. He is currently recovering from his injury in France.
hawk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:26 AM   #6
country flag PamposCypriot

PamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond repute

I think its better he decided to go for the masters instead of estoril

Before game starts:
Sharapova: You are so hot today Amelie.. Wanna go for a drink after the game? ^^

Result: Sharapova - Mauresmo 2-0 (6-0 6-0)
PamposCypriot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #7
country flag sdimitri

sdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond reputesdimitri has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i agree.
Better to go for master series and more important to get well soon and
more stronger.
sdimitri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:51 AM   #8
country flag LostGlory

LostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond reputeLostGlory has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well I hope he gets better I miss seeing him on court.....
Old 04-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #9
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

I surely will miss him on court, but the decision is the right one. Better take more time to heal for a Masters Series.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
I surely will miss him on court, but the decision is the right one. Better take more time to heal for a Masters Series.
I agree with you completely Choupi. And I hope Marcos gets well soon
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote