When did you become a fan of Juan Carlos? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #106
country flag Viky-cro

Viky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did you become a fan of Juan Carlos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
Hi Viky-cro

The same with me, look at my avatar! That match was was a truly amazing in every sense of the word!
Goran was my first tennis idol so it's nice to see someone from Split post in this forum!
Hi
Nice avatar ! Yes it was a great match, and 2001 was the year when I got interested in tennis, so most of players that I like, were the ones that I've noticed in 2001
Goran is idol of many players and still big star in Split, although he doesn't live here any more.
I was lucky enough to finally see JCF match live in Umag, also saw him in players restaurant and took picture with him, such a nice guy

Sorry for off topic
Viky-cro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #107
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Viky,

You are so lucky to have met Juanqui! He sounds like a very nice person. I would love to meet him someday.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #108
country flag Carol96

Carol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond reputeCarol96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edda View Post
I like both men (David F and JC)because they are both very nice and always very excited to represent their country wherever they go. I like Juanqui's quiet reserve, which has been misrepresented as lack of excitement. Not everyone preens and struts, an attitude I can't stand. I think people can have an inner pride in their accomplishments without always puffing themselves up.
I'm with you there Edda - I have always admired JC and David together for those qualities as much as their tennis talent and have also regretted that both have rather been in Carlos Moya's, and latterly Rafa's shadow (both of those 2 also nice guys BTW). I can't give any particular "wow this guy is good" moment though...
Carol96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 PM   #109
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

After the Roland Garros SF in 2000 against Kuerten. That was one of the best matches I have ever seen, and I've seen a few.
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #110
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

I wish the Tennis Channel would show classic matches of Juanqui's, along with an episode of Tennisography about Juanqui. His story is one of the most incredible in all of tennis. I hope someday somebody writes Juanqui's life story. I'd love to read it.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:18 AM   #111
country flag Edda

I saw a lot of great information about Juanqui's childhood and career development on a site called Juanqui.net. His story is truly touching and should serve as an inspiration to anyone who wants to excel in tennis or any other field. It tells the story of not only Juan Carlos the tennis player, but also "Juanqui," a much-loved member of his family.