When did you become a fan of Juan Carlos? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #76
country flag Reaz

Reaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond reputeReaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did you become a fan of Juan Carlos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanqui Lover View Post
Hi Reaz, welcome here.

And nobody cares how or why you became a fan, just provided you are one now its all that matters But it's still an interesting story.
Thanks Juanqui Lover!
Reaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #77
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

I watched him in 2003 when I was 15. fell in love with him on first sight(actually I thought that he had the sexiest pair of legs I ever saw).Learnt the rules of tennis so I could cheer for him. Took me a while because no one in my house wanted to watch tennis or even explain it to me. Later I managed to convert my sister from a soccer crazy fan to a tennis lover and more importantly a Juanqi Lover. Even my younger sister who is about seventeen thinks Jc is cute and she HATES tennis.
Juanqi made me see the light.
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #78
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I'm Di I've been a fan of Juanqui since 2002 French Open. I felt so sorry for him when he lost to Costa in the final, but was so glad he got to win it in 2003. I've been following him ever since. I so want him to win another title.

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #79
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, you're all really welcome

This week Juan Carlos is at home

Me:I would love Bromamce to have babies together they would be sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

Marleen:

Marleen, Meesh and Leigh are.......Juanie's Angels
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #80
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Just realised I haven't posted on this thread yet.

I first watched Juanqui play in the match in my avatar---the Masters Cup round robin match with Goran in YEC Sydney 2001.
I was a big Goran fan from 1994 (I still am), so naturally I was rooting for Goran. I knew Ferrero was one of top youngsters, but didn't know much else. Also, I have to confess that at that time I was one of those Wimbledon fanatics; I had this very biased idea about Spanish players and those excel on clay, although I had hardly watched any match on clay at that point. (Yes, now I'm ashamed of myself back then. )
BUT that day I was pleasantly surprised that JC was playing extremely well on an indoor court, and I enormously enjoyed the match although Goran lost in two tie break sets. Actually, this was the first time I didn't feel that crap that Goran lost, partly because Goran was clearly enjoying the match and also because JC played fantastically, and he was so cute! It was a top-notch eye candy match I tell you!
From that day, JC became my top favourite young player (I was of course loyal to Goran, too ) and I started following JC's career. Very soon he became my top guy along Goran, and I learned how exciting clay court tennis can be.
So I'm very grateful to JC for opening the door for me for this whole new world of
clay court tennis, which I now love very much. But for him, I would still have been one of those prejudiced, ignorant people who think fast court tennis is the best and clay is boring without watching it properly. The point is that Juanqui can play on all surfaces, and that's why he colud convert me.
That's why this Sydney match means so much to me.

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #81
country flag leptiric

leptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond reputeleptiric has a reputation beyond repute

ive got that match on tape!!!
it was great and they both seemed to be having fun!!!
im soooooo fed up with stories about goran already! i think hes a cool guy but the press have been talking every day for the past month about him (i mean every single newspaper), and its getting boring already!!!no wonder he left!
Old 03-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #82
country flag deanna

deanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond reputedeanna has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Guys, I'm Deanna !
To tell you the truth, I've never been too 'into' JC, that was until I started talking to Mary (Juanqui Lover). Since mid last year she's converted me . She's taught me A LOT about JC, and I've learnt to love him. Thanks Mary !!

.JuanCarlosFerrero.DavidFerrer.
.ArnaudClément.FilippoVolandri.SimoneBolelli.JuanMonaco.
.FernandoGonzalez.FelicianoLopez.
Ferrero Tard #29
deanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 AM   #83
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna View Post
Hey Guys, I'm Deanna !
To tell you the truth, I've never been too 'into' JC, that was until I started talking to Mary (Juanqui Lover). Since mid last year she's converted me . She's taught me A LOT about JC, and I've learnt to love him. Thanks Mary !!

Haha that made me laugh. I'm glad I could help you come to your senses. By the way it's nice to have you on this part of MTF.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #84
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaz View Post
HI Everyone Im a new ferrero fan-i had liked his game for quite a while now since 2003 and it may seem strange to all of you that i suddenly like him a lot all of a sudden!!-i feel i had probably overlooked his style of play a little and since i was relatively young back then-I did not fully appreciate his solid gameplay-in particular the "oh so sweet"forehand.Well back then i was purely a hard court fan and enjoyed players like Paradorn Srichaphan.Men's Singles has changed a lot these days and while there is a lot of talent on display-JuanQui has the overall skills-which many do not have.His serve is good,as well as volleys and court coverage.I saw some of his old videos and have started to really miss those forehands-He seemed to be a "EuroAgassi" with a little bit of federer-Ferrero is classy sort of guy.

Anyway this is my introduction albeit in a strange manner.
Interesting. Thanks for that , and welcome.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #85
country flag jamjar

jamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond reputejamjar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!
I became a fan when I saw the highlights of his match against Agassi from their 2003 US Open match. Back then, I didn't really know much about tennis but I had heard of Agassi (and I thought he was invincible). So when I heard that someone had beaten him, I was really surprised. And when I saw Ferrero's shot through the legs, I was .
He became my favourite player and has been ever since.
jamjar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #86
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamjar nice to see you here

This week Juan Carlos is at home

Me:I would love Bromamce to have babies together they would be sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

Marleen:

Marleen, Meesh and Leigh are.......Juanie's Angels
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:35 AM   #87

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Jamjar

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Old 03-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #88
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jamjar. That Ferrero-Agassi US Open SF in 2003 was incredible wasn't it. I was lucky to enough to watch that match live. JCF was in stunning form that day, and he had to be to see off Agassi who himself was playing so well and was absolutely formidable on hardcourts.
Yes Agassi lobbed him and then he hit that awesome passing shot through the legs. In my opinion that is the 2nd best performance from JCF that I ever seen, and he secured the world no. 1 ranking after that victory as well .

Last edited by LeChuck : 03-31-2008 at 10:59 AM.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:25 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Hi Jamjar. That Ferrero-Agassi US Open SF in 2003 was incredible wasn't it. I was lucky to enough to watch that match live. JCF was in stunning form that day, and he had to be to see off Agassi who himself was playing so well and was absolutely formidable on hardcourts.
Yes Agassi lobbed him and then he hit that awesome passing shot through the legs. In my opinion that is the 2nd best performance from JCF that I ever seen, and he secured the world no. 1 ranking after that victory as well .
Didn't he secure his number one ranking after beating Massu in the Madrid final. I know it was on September 8 2003, but I thought it was in Madrid.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #90
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanqui Lover View Post
Didn't he secure his number one ranking after beating Massu in the Madrid final. I know it was on September 8 2003, but I thought it was in Madrid.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tenn...03/3087014.stm
It was definately the Agassi victory at New York that secured the no. 1 ranking for him.
September 8 was the day after the US Open finished, and going into the final against Roddick, it was already comfirmed that he would take top spot the next day, regardless of whether he won or lost.
The Madrid Masters in 2003 was held from October 13-19.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote