When did you become a fan of Juan Carlos? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #46
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did you become a fan of Juan Carlos?

I first became a fan when Federer was my favourite player. I saw him play in the semi-finals of the 2004 australian open against Federer. I used to always cheer for Federer, but for some reason I cheered against Federer for this guy who I've never even heard of before. It didn't even matter to me that Ferrero lost, from that moment I really liked him, but I suppose I wasn't really that obsessed with him until 2004 Wimbledon because I stayed up till 3am just to see his results on TV, they didn't even bring him. Then I started following his career more closely

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #47
country flag Fisico

Fisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond repute

good thread

i only used to ever watch wimbledon until about 2002 when i started watching a bit more and it was during RG that year that i noticed and started supporting JCF. he had a good run to the final that year and then won it the next year
Fisico is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #48
country flag sadhbh

sadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond repute

I started watching the French Open in 2003 and I became I fan the first match I watched him play which was against Tim Henman, I was so happy when he won.

Juan Carlos Ferrero Thomas Johannson Llyeton Hewitt

Check out The Fiction Archive
sadhbh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #49
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

At the French Open 2003. Well, that sounds like the classical bandwaggon-jumper. But there was a little bit more than that. The way he behaved after having won (that famous look towards the sky) made me immediately understand how much it meant to him.

This was a lesson right there to grasp. If you work hard and are persistent you can live your dream. JCF's tennis lacks Roger's elegance, Marat's power or Nadal's force. But he won a GS tourney with the means available to him, and this made me like the guy.

Besides, it is a question of credibility, not to quit when things turn sour.

Last edited by Puschkin : 05-05-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #50
country flag beajc

beajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond repute

In 2002 and I don't know why ???
beajc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #51
country flag Corinna

Corinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadhbh
I started watching the French Open in 2003 and I became I fan the first match I watched him play which was against Tim Henman, I was so happy when he won.
OMG , pretty similiar to my story
i got fan of him when i first saw him as well - it was one match later i think it was against another spaniard
i saw the first spaniard and thought, not bad - then i heard the other player would be a so-called jc-ferrero, i'd already heard of that name before and i heard he was seeded very high - so i thought he has to be old and ugly so i decided to cheer for the other spaniard even before i saw jc - then he came on court and i was like: wow - how hot is THIS guy
it was love at first sight
Old 05-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #52
country flag Corinna

Corinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond repute

ah yes, perhaps i have to add - this was my first tennis match i saw
Old 05-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #53
country flag Fisico

Fisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinna
ah yes, perhaps i have to add - this was my first tennis match i saw

hahaha, so it was thanks to JC you started watching tennis
Old 05-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #54
country flag Luna

Luna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond repute

In 2000,I was a fan of Safin and Norman,but I was not a dedicated fan until I liked Ferrero.The day of 2000 Roland Garros Semifinal,I supposed the TV should broadcast Norman's match,but to my disappointment,it was Kuerten with Ferrero who I never heard his name before.I still decided to watch,and I found the guy who's looked like Solskjaer(a player of Man Utd)was charming,with his handsome face,bonny figure and magnificent forehand and backhand.At that time,I liked Beckham so much,so just had some good impression of Ferrero untill 2001 clay season,he played so good,sports news almost every day reported news like that"Ferrero continues his victory matches to XX. "With Roland Garros coming,I can't help concentrating on him more or less.The R4 was him against Enqvist,I waited just a result untill 1 am,at that moment,I became a big fan of him.

#23 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by Luna : 05-06-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Luna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #55
country flag Luna

Luna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: When did you become a fan of Juan Carlos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinna
i saw the first spaniard and thought, not bad - then i heard the other player would be a so-called jc-ferrero, i'd already heard of that name before and i heard he was seeded very high - so i thought he has to be old and ugly so i decided to cheer for the other spaniard even before i saw jc

#23 Ferrero Tard
Luna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:34 PM   #56
country flag sadhbh

sadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond reputesadhbh has a reputation beyond repute

I'd actually never heard of him, good thing I didn't support Henman or I my not have liked him.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:59 AM   #57
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

I remember that Henman match. I was happy that JC was playing Tim because it meant the match would be live on BBC, here in England.

In fact, didn't Tim take the first set, or something? This was the year when JC was the favourite to win Roland Garros and I remember it was quite a shock.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:38 PM   #58
country flag Fisico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik
I remember that Henman match. I was happy that JC was playing Tim because it meant the match would be live on BBC, here in England.

In fact, didn't Tim take the first set, or something? This was the year when JC was the favourite to win Roland Garros and I remember it was quite a shock.
yeah i remember watching that match, henman was playing well on clay at that time (it was the year before he made the semis at RG)
tim was mixing it up and going to the net and he took the first set but then JC got into the match and took it in 4
Old 05-07-2006, 05:27 PM   #59
country flag Corinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisico
hahaha, so it was thanks to JC you started watching tennis
yes my hero
Old 05-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #60
country flag sadhbh

Quote:
I was kinda annoyed cause I wanted to watch the cycling on Eurosport but the match was on so I couldn't.