Alvarillo as a lineman in Valencia !!! (Report and Pics) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-16-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
country flag Alvarillo

Alvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alvarillo as a lineman in Valencia !!! (Report and Pics)

Ok, let's go
I went to Valencia again this year to stay as a lineman, from Saturday of Qualys until Thursday coz i had to comeback to Madrid before Friday and on Thursday a lot of linemen leave the tournament cos the Schedule since Friday is smaller and they don't need such a big number of linemen.
The experience was incredible again, i arrived on Friday and i went with another lineman to pick our clothes and the tarjet that let us to enter to the Valencia Tennis Club.
This year the clothes were much better, TTK clothes, 2 t-shirts, 1 shorts, 1 cap, a pair of sport shoes, socks and a swatshirt, so now i will use the clothes to play tennis
Linemen have to stay in the club one hour before matches start, our boss give us a paper that tells you which is your team and the line you're going to work in, the first 2 days i was in the left baseline, it's a difficult one beacuse i'm used to stay in the laterals, but it was nice.
1st day was really tough, you work 1:30 and rest 35 minutes, and after lunch, with the sun being 1:30 on court is a nightmare

on saturday of qualies we started at 11:00 and finished at 20:00, a marathon day, 16 matches in 4 courts, i worked in Almagro vs Peric match, it was fine, noone could imagine Nico reaching the final 8 days later, i had to go to the bathroom with Tomislav after the second set, it was the first time i had to do and it was great, people looked at you as ohhh you're important!

the tougest match for me was in the second round of Qualys, Gimeno-Traver vs Sanchez De Luna, i was in a lateral line and when Gimeno served with an open serve, Sanchez with his position didn't let me to see the bounce so 2 times it was like oh i think is IN but i really didn't see it
Sanchez asked the referee to check one mark but touched (fortunately) the line so the referee told me from the chair, come on, keep it on

(post and continue)

RaFaeL NaDaL

RoBReDo - GGLóPeZ - GRaNoLLeRS - MoNTaŃéS - FeR ViCeNTe - aNDuJaR - FeLiCiaNo - IVáN NaVaRRo - DvD FeRReR - VeRDaSCo - BeTo MaRTíN - RaMiReZ-HiDaLGo - HeRNaNDeZ - GiMeNo-TRaVeR - NiCo ALMaGRo

Last edited by Alvarillo : 04-16-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Alvarillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2006, 10:23 PM   #2
country flag Fisico

Fisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alvarillo as a lineman in Valencia !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarillo
the tougest match for me was in the second round of Qualys, Gimeno-Traver vs Sanchez De Luna, i was in a lateral line and when Gimeno served with an open serve, Sanchez with his position didn't let me to see the bounce so 2 times it was like oh i think is IN but i really didn't see it
Sanchez asked the referee to check one mark but touched (fortunately) the line so the referee told me from the chair, come on, keep it on

keep it coming
Fisico is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
country flag Alvarillo

Alvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond repute

But the worst experience was in Calatrava vs Schukin match, i was sick beacuse of the food of that day but i had to enter to the court, 45 minutes later i wanted to die, i was very sick and i told to the referee, quickily they asked for another one with a walkie and in the next change of side one partner entered in my position, i run to the toilet .... and the end of the story much better if i don't write it

and then the week was great i was in matches of, Almagro, Davydenko, Simon, Volandri, Gaudio, Sluiter, Starace, Feli, Verdasco, Pavel, Sanguinetti, Gavashvili, Zib, Mayer, Ascione, Dlouhy, Meffert, Navarro-Pastor, Gimeno, Luckzak, Mertinak or Calatrava

RaFaeL NaDaL

RoBReDo - GGLóPeZ - GRaNoLLeRS - MoNTaŃéS - FeR ViCeNTe - aNDuJaR - FeLiCiaNo - IVáN NaVaRRo - DvD FeRReR - VeRDaSCo - BeTo MaRTíN - RaMiReZ-HiDaLGo - HeRNaNDeZ - GiMeNo-TRaVeR - NiCo ALMaGRo
Old 04-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
country flag Fisico

Fisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond reputeFisico has a reputation beyond repute

haha, you dont have to go into details with this story

did you get a chance to be in the Ferrero vs Almagro match? i just wanted to know how JC played
Old 04-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
country flag Alvarillo

about the referees, Mohamed Layhani is simply the best
in the center court, after and between matches this year they put a song, it was Love Generation and if you see Layahni on court 1, with the music since the center court, dancing with his feet the song, simply hilarious it was like, Mohamed can i dance too??? he is always supporting you and if someone makes an error he makes feel you like, don't worry i'm here to correct you, it doesn't matter! keep it on!
sometimes you know is like imposible to say if it's in or out, sometimes with the same mark a chair umpire says in and another one out so .......
also spanish chair umpire Poncho Ayala was very friendly, very nice out of court, but for example it's not the same with Lars Graf, he's very serious, it's different.
Poncho Ayala wrote a note and post it in our room on Thursday before leaving the tournament:
"You're all a disaster on court but also great people, take care, see you"

also this year we went to the official party, it wasn't as funny as last year but i took a pic with Albert Costa, he was very nice, also attended Ferrero, Corretja, David Marrero or Feliciano López with his girlfriend, a former Miss Spain, this year i didn't see a plyer drunk, a shame cos JC last year was hilarious!

RaFaeL NaDaL

Old 04-16-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
country flag Alvarillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisico
haha, you dont have to go into details with this story

did you get a chance to be in the Ferrero vs Almagro match? i just wanted to know how JC played
nop, a shame i saw it in the stands!
Ferrero didn't play bad but he is not the guy who won RG

RaFaeL NaDaL

Old 04-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
country flag Fisico

Quote:
nop, a shame i saw it in the stands!
Ferrero didn't play bad but he is not the guy who won RG
i was afraid you would say that, but i think he has not been the same player for a long time now
Old 04-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #8
country flag Alvarillo

and now some pics!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alvaro2.jpg (77.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro.jpg (203.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro4.jpg (86.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg alvarillo-ATP.JPG (124.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro-almagro.JPG (76.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg alvarogaudio.JPG (154.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro1.jpg (76.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro-costa-juncal.JPG (95.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro-seppi.JPG (98.9 KB, 75 views)

RaFaeL NaDaL

Old 04-16-2006, 10:43 PM   #9
country flag Fisico

Quote:
Poncho Ayala wrote a note and post it in our room on Thursday before leaving the tournament:
"You're all a disaster on court but also great people, take care, see you"

Quote:
also this year we went to the official party, it wasn't as funny as last year but i took a pic with Albert Costa, he was very nice, also attended Ferrero, Corretja, David Marrero or Feliciano López with his girlfriend, a former Miss Spain, this year i didn't see a plyer drunk, a shame cos JC last year was hilarious!
JC last year??? spill the beans
Old 04-16-2006, 10:48 PM   #10
country flag Alvarillo

and some more

i have to say that this year a lot of foreing lineman came to the tournament, as i speak (or at least i try it) english i was friend of them, it was very nice to share the experience with this people, Donalie from the UK, Marissa, Frank, Timo, Sina ... and more (germany), Gianluca (italy) and of course a lot from differnt parts of spain!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alvaro-zib.JPG (158.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg verdasco.JPG (156.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro-central.JPG (135.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro-marta.JPG (136.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg alvaro-junki-emilio.JPG (102.1 KB, 52 views)

RaFaeL NaDaL

Old 04-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #11
country flag Alvarillo

i hope some friends send me mor pics and i will post
i hope all of you enjoy the thread!

Fisico, last tear in the players party, Ferrero after losing against Nadal drunk too much and was completely drunk, afther the pub closed he was in the street shouting "who drives my car" "in which car i go", but completely drunk with the tipical voice of a drunk, his girlfriend Patricia was very angry with him, like, what the hell are you doing, fucking idiot??? hilarious

RaFaeL NaDaL

Old 04-16-2006, 10:59 PM   #12
country flag Fisico

Default Re: Alvarillo as a lineman in Valencia !!! (Report and Pics)

i wouldnt have expected that from JC!! he's usually so quiet and quite reserved, its good to see he can let loose and have a bit of fun sometimes, nice one JC

thanks for the report and pics, sounds like you had a good time
Old 04-16-2006, 11:03 PM   #13
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

And thanks for the pix and report.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #14
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i hope some friends send me mor pics and i will post
i hope all of you enjoy the thread!

Fisico, last tear in the players party, Ferrero after losing against Nadal drunk too much and was completely drunk, afther the pub closed he was in the street shouting "who drives my car" "in which car i go", but completely drunk with the tipical voice of a drunk, his girlfriend Patricia was very angry with him, like, what the hell are you doing, fucking idiot??? hilarious
I'll bet he really felt the pression when he woke up the next morning.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #15
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Alvarillo! Wonderful report and pics. When and where will you be a linesman again?
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote