The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (Roland Garros) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #16
Amber

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (First up: Houston)

I'm not sure why all the Americans choose to skip Monte Carlo. It's weird. The guys have the next 3 weeks off before starting their European clay court season in Rome. Maybe all the Americans want some time off now because they won't be back in the States again until Newport, which is after Wimbledon. That's a LONG time to be gone.

Oh and as for the thread title, Mardy just won Houston, so maybe there's another American that can play on clay!? GO FISH!!
Amber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #17
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (First up: Houston)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
I'm not sure why all the Americans choose to skip Monte Carlo. It's weird. The guys have the next 3 weeks off before starting their European clay court season in Rome. Maybe all the Americans want some time off now because they won't be back in the States again until Newport, which is after Wimbledon. That's a LONG time to be gone.
Some people have suggested there are other reasons that these guys don't like the tourney. I dunno what they might be.... the Bryans did play last year but it was before Houston last year... so I dunno. Sure it makes sense that they want the time off and with the 2 weeks between MC and Rome maybe they figure that they'd go back home anyway and they wouldn't have a shot to win many matches and it's like an extra transatlantic trip for not much gain. That makes sense for the singles guys but the Bryans actually have a good shot to win the title so I don't know why they didn't go. Even if they were to come back here for a couple weeks before Rome it's not quick trips back and forth so I dunno. I mean, obviouly we know the Twins can play on clay, they're RG champs and stuff, so there's obviously another reason why they didn't play this year. Hard to know.

Quote:
Oh and as for the thread title, Mardy just won Houston, so maybe there's another American that can play on clay!? GO FISH!!
Well if winning Houston was any barometer of claycourt ability, Andy would be the best claycourter in the world

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:08 PM   #18
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (next up: Rome)

I expected that the American singles players were going to skip Monte Carlo (like they always do ), but I was very surprised when I saw that the Bryan's decided to join them this year. I don't get it.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:54 PM   #19
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "THESE Americans can play on it!" Clay Season thread! (next up: Rome)

Look at the clay/grass schedule they played last year, they played as much tennis as Federer or Nadal - both of them skipped one of the masters events last year on clay, the Bryans did not. And the Bryans did well in almost all the events they entered over that time - winning the title or making the final in 5 of them. Pretty impressive. Perhaps it was tiring for them and they wanted to do things differently this year. They will post good results in the tourneys they do play, so I think they're entitled to an extra week off. So let them have the three weeks, maybe they can go away for a few days, whatever. Show up in Rome and do great as usual

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #20
Amber

Amber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond reputeAmber has a reputation beyond repute

Another reason could be to save Mike's hips. He's been feeling great lately, but why overdo it? Plus, they already pulled out of an event because of Bob's shoulder. I totally agree that they deserve the time off and I wish them well. I do have to say though that I hate that some other team is going to get 100 points this week!

You're right, winning is Houston isn't a barometer of clay court ability, but it sure is nice to see Mardy back winning again. We've missed him.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #21
country flag Deboogle!.

They're the #1 seeds in Rome and have a bye as usual. C'mon guys

Old 05-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #22
country flag Mashik

Mashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Mike and Bob!
Finally I will see them! (I hope )

Last edited by Mashik : 05-07-2006 at 08:17 AM.
Mashik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #23
Amber

Bob and Mike's 1st match could be a Davis Cup semifinal preview. Safin/Tursunov play Paes/Stepanek. If Safin/Tursunov win, we'll get a little preview of what the semifinal matchup will be like in September! Go Mike and Bob!
Old 05-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #24
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Bob and Mike for the tourney in Rome!

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #25
country flag Margy

Margy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond reputeMargy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bob and Mike's 1st match could be a Davis Cup semifinal preview. Safin/Tursunov play Paes/Stepanek. If Safin/Tursunov win, we'll get a little preview of what the semifinal matchup will be like in September! Go Mike and Bob!
That will be such a great match to see...I only wish I could see it
Good luck Mike and Bob!
Margy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:52 AM   #26
country flag Deboogle!.

Uh oh, the twins will play PAES/Stepanek tomorrow....

Old 05-11-2006, 03:22 AM   #27
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Please win tomorrow boys...please

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #28
country flag Mashik

Mashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond repute

The match begins in some minutes and I've just back home to watch it
Good luck, Mike & Bob!
Old 05-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #29
country flag Deboogle!.

6-1 7-5 over Paes/Stepanek, they never faced an official BP (stats don't say if they faced deciding points but they appear to have held easily throughout). Excellent

Old 05-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #30
country flag Mashik

The first set was... A little bit too fast
Great win! After so long rest
But the next round... Good luck, boys!

Last edited by Mashik : 05-11-2006 at 05:41 PM.