Tim Smyczek Thread - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #196
country flag HistoricalGamer

HistoricalGamer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tim Smyczek Thread

Not sure about that. His serve wasn't particularly effective but Young was driving the balls deep and making Smy run for every single ball. Young's really in darn good form right now and it was hard to tell if Smyczek played poorly or if Young was just that good. My impression is that Young just kept hitting the ball deep near the baseline and rarely missed on Tim's serve and while Tim was able to break him several times he was never able to get a rhythm going on his own serve because Young kept the pressure up.

If both of them are not too exhausted by so much tennis in the last two weeks they are slated to meet for the 3rd time in the last 3 weeks if they both make the QF of Tiburon.

Smyczek has struggled against Young.

Young leads the head to head 8-3. It's 8-4 if you count the French Open Wild Card tournament where Smyczek beat Young in the Wild Card playoff a couple of years ago.

Young and Smyczek look like the hottest players on the US Challenger tour right now and are really taking advantage of the absence of some of their usual obstacles with Russell, Sock, and Harrison all over seas. Gotta give them both credit for taking advantage.

By my math Smyczek will be up to around 91st(ish) when the new rankings come out shortly, though he has 109 points falling off in November so these positive results in Napa and Sacramento will just offset the loss of those points unless he can keep up the solid efforts. Needs a couple more SF's or a runner up to stay in the top 100 before the year is up. He's got 3/4ish more chances.

Last edited by HistoricalGamer : 10-07-2013 at 05:51 AM.
HistoricalGamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #197

In his first round match at Tiburon, Tim swept away Matt Reid in a mere 46 minutes. 6-1, 6-1.

Encouraging showing after what must have been a frustrating loss to Young in the Sacramento Finals given he also lost to Young in the SF in Napa.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #198
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going Tim!
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #199

Two consecutive tough 3 setters for Tim.

In the second round of Tiburon he beat Denys Molchanov in a tough 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 match which lasted 1 hour and 56 minutes.

In the Quarter Finals Tim got revenge on Young beating him in another very rough 3 set match, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 in a match that featured a combined total of 25 break points, 9 breaks, and lasted 2 hours and 6 minutes.

Tim will have a tough time after back to back 2 hour 3 setters tomorrow having to play yet again in the Semi Finals. If he can recover he's got a decent chance at another Finals appearance. He'll play Peter Polansky whose ranked 222 but is likely far more rested and has a big forehand, if Peter is hitting it well tomorrow it will be a tough match.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #200
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

First time I heard that Polanksy has a big forehand. Good luck Tim.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #201
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Won doubles title with Johnson today in Charlottesville.

Knoxville, gets Q in 1st round: http://www.protennislive.com/lshd/ma...pworldtour.com

Charity event in Milwaukee (December)

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #202
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Good win by Tim today.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 11-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #203
country flag Greco

Greco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond reputeGreco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Good win by Tim today.

Wow .. what a point

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #204
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Tim will play against Polansky in Knoxville Finally. Good luck Tim

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #205
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Smyczek won Knoxville title

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #206
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Local tennis legend is now serving others - and his game

Quote:
MILWAUKEE - He was the last American man standing at this Summer's U.S. Open in New York, and he's all ours. Milwaukee's Tim Smyczek, a former tennis star at Brookfield Academy, had the crowds chanting on into the third round at Flushing Meadows. And although Symczek's hopes were dashed in a heartbreaking fifth set to Spaniard Marcel Granollers, what Smyczek was able to do was finally score the breakthrough that had eluded him through the first seven years of his career.

"Cracking the top one hundred (world ranking) has been a lifetime goal of mine," Smyczek says. "In my head it always seemed like if you cracked the top hundred, you kind of made it in tennis."

So what happens when you crack it all the way down to 63rd in the world, where Smyczek found himself last week? For Smyczek, that meant coming home to Wisconsin from his training headquarters in Tampa, to put the finishing touches on his passion project, Serves for Summit.

"Summit is an after school tutoring program for at-risk kids in Milwaukee," Smyczek said shortly before meeting with a group of junior players at Brookfield's Western Racquet Club on Monday. "They focus on one-on-one tutoring, and through helping these kids with their studies, their main focus is really character building."

Of course, that is a subject that Smyczek knows all about after struggling through the first several years of his career, begging the question of whether or not he ever wanted to just give up.

"Many times," he admits without hesitation. "I've been out on tour for seven or eight years now, and the first probably three years of my career were really rough. I battled some injuries, (and) just really didn't have any good results, didn't win too many matches. More than once I thought about hanging it up."

But instead Smyczek dug deeper, and after his run at the U.S. Open this year, even attracted the attention of one of the greatest of all time, Andre Agassi, who was in town earlier this year opening up his new charter school on Milwaukee's South Side.

"His game has come a long way," Agassi said of Smyczek in September. "I think he has a big game. Anybody who can step on the court and put fear into their opponent on any given day has a real look at a future."

Like Agassi has done for many years, Smyczek will be giving back, hosting his second professional tennis exhibition for "Serves for Summit" on December 7 at Wisconsin Lutheran College, with a reception the night before at the Hilton City Center. Among those that will be participating in the event, professional tennis players Dennis Kudla, Rhyne Williams, and Rajeev Ram, along with Wisconsin tennis legend Tom Gullickson. Tickets can be purchased at any local tennis shop or at ServesForSummit.com

"Maybe if I hadn't experienced those lows," Smyczek reflected, " stuff like this wouldn't feel so good."
http://www.todaystmj4.com/sports/loc...232489221.html

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #207
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Serve 4 Summit Gallery:http://jacquicolephotography.pixiese...rvesforsummit/

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #208
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 01-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #209
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Plays Austin Krajicek in qtr of Maui Challenger.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #210
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

^Lost in semis to Yang.

Tim has a new clothing sponsor.

AO pictures

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Tim+Smy...+2/fNxwgF_o68e

Rhyne's Picture Thread