~°~Nicolas Devilder~°~ - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #226
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~°~Nicolas Devilder~°~

Glad you liked the pic.

Nico won in Constanta! Second challenger title in a row! That's awesome! Maybe time to try some bigger tournaments?
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #227
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
Glad you liked the pic.

Nico won in Constanta! Second challenger title in a row! That's awesome! Maybe time to try some bigger tournaments?

He's in such good form right now! Congratulations Nico, that's really awesome

Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #228
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Nicolas is in the final of Lugano challenger! Third final in a row! Our Nico is becoming a monster!
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Old 07-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #229
country flag Tulipe

Nico is ranked 83 this week! Celebrations in hell ! Let's hope he'll go even further!

Quote:
Old 07-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #230
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've found this on my computer recently...it's from 2006 Ostrava challenger. I've already forgotten how he looked with longer hair and bandana... I think now he looks younger and sweeter (awww-person ), but there surely was something about that look...
It's from 2005 actually In 2006 Nico already had short hair. Anyway thanks a lot for the picture, I've never seen it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
awww

I like him with the bandana too and I don't usually like long hair (although that didn't seem TOO long.

I do prefer him now though... the bandana look was from when I didn't really know who he was

He looks younger now though as you said!
As for the longer hair and bandana, here is my favorite picture of him in that style (Scheveninger Challenger 2004):

And he's indeed one of not so many players who look younger than their age!
Quote:
Nico is ranked 83 this week! Celebrations in hell ! Let's hope he'll go even further!

And the latest news: Nicolas got lucky to get into Kitz' main draw without playing quallies but then got first seeded Seppi for the first round Though Nico must beat him anyway

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #231
country flag Tulipe

Hello, Irina! Haven't heard from you for a while? Were you on holiday?

I wasn't sure which year it was, but yes, 2005 (the best year, awww). 2006 was the worst year of this challenger, so Nico couldn't play it then

Go Nico in Kitzi

Quote:
Old 07-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #232
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sorry for leaving you alone here Yes, I'm on holiday at the moment though I haven't left yet, just have rarely been at home. And how is your summer going?

Maybe 2006 was Ostrava Ch.'s worst year (what happened to it?) but it was one of the best Nico's years so far - considering the number of titles he took But he is not far from beating his own records and make 2008 his best year

He doesn't play tomorrow and I think it is good.

Nicolas Devilder

Old 07-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #233
country flag Tulipe

I'm home as I've already been on holiday, so I'm just pottering around and I'm quite bored. Still no plans for holiday in Prague ?

I don't know exactly what happened. The 2005 was just great, but then I think the tournament in Munich, which is on ATP level, got a lower cut so all the players went there to gain more points and there was anyone playing here. Most of the players were Czech players from futures. I even didn't go there to watch that year. But in 2007 it was much better and also this year wasn't bad.

I think it will be a very chaotic week in Kitzbuhel, the forecast is pretty bad and with no play yesterday they will probably have to let them play two matches in one day if the weather is still so bad...

Quote:
Old 07-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #234
country flag Hangdog

Nico! Seppi withdrew so he got a lucky loser instead Maria, do you know when a player gets informed that he should play again a LL?
Anyway I hope Nicolas doesn't have troubles dealing with a cold weather. Seems today it's been a bit better (but they didn't play indoors, did they?) so hopefully weather forecasters were wrong as usually.

Ahh sorry to hear that about your home Challenger They've spoiled all fun for you! That's sad but it happens from time to time when some Challengers hardly find enough players to complete the main draw... Hopefully Ostrava is supposed to have a great future

Where did you go for holiday?
Lovely Prague? Ehh in fact I'd prefer something with the sun, sea and beaches for this summer but we never know

Nicolas Devilder

Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #235
country flag Tulipe

I know that if the player withdraws, the supervisor puts the lucky loser into the draw and when the player comes to the office (they usually come once a day to check), the supervisor tells him he's in. So I suppose the other player also realizes that when he comes to the office. But as I saw, some players come there often and some never Nico came to the office once, then went out on the balcony next to the office to watch some play on the court below, and there was also one French chair umpire sunbathing on the balcony. Then he went out and closed the door when Nico was still there. I was just watching that scene, I was bored at the moment in the office, so I kept on looking at Nico (what else should I do when I'm bored?) and suddenly I had the feeling something is wrong. So I was thinking: "What's wrong here?" and then it came to my mind: "He closed the door and there's no handle on the other side of the door!" So I had to go and open the door so Nico could get away from there So I understand players are afraid to come to the office if it has so dangerous places and people

Quote:
Old 07-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #236
country flag Tulipe

Well, so Nico lost to JM del Potro in the quaters. But it was a great week for him, I think. Being in the quaters of a tournament on the ATP level is something that doesn't happen to Nico every day. Just what I said, he needs to play more bigger tournaments now he's is such a good form.

I've found this picture on the ATP website:

I love his T-Shirt!!!

Quote:
Old 07-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #237
country flag Hangdog

Quote:
So I had to go and open the door so Nico could get away from there
Thanks for saving poor Nico
Quote:
Well, so Nico lost to JM del Potro in the quaters. But it was a great week for him, I think. Being in the quaters of a tournament on the ATP level is something that doesn't happen to Nico every day. Just what I said, he needs to play more bigger tournaments now he's is such a good form.
That's surely a pity, JMDP is not an unbeatable player. Maybe Nicolas should have played more long rallies against him and wait until he retires Anyway it was nice to actually watch the match, see Nico smiling being down 0-40 at his service and sometimes even playing serve and volley game. He does improve a lot on my eyes and if he had a great coach...
I've made screenshots from his match, in case someone missed it: http://nicolasdevilder.skyrock.com/1...ttue-Clay.html (on the bottom of the page).
Quote:
I love his T-Shirt!!!
Me too
And I also love this picture from L'Equipe:

Nico plays a Challenger in Poland next week, and his first round rival is Bjorn Rehnquist. I was at their last encounter and it was a match, 3 sets of quallies on hard that lasted over 4 hours... Hopefully this time it will be easier for Nico

Nicolas Devilder

Old 07-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #238
country flag Tulipe

No problem for me, I'm always around to save poor little Frenchies The pic from L'Équipe is diabolique . But the one from the ATP...I'm just thinking about what I will have for dinner. I would eat what's on the plate at first, and then I would eat Nico

Good luck for next week!

Quote:
Old 07-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #239
country flag Hangdog

Quote:
I'm just thinking about what I will have for dinner. I would eat what's on the plate at first, and then I would eat Nico
Nah It must be a delicious desert but it's ever a greater pleasure to enjoy him alive
at your signature about Kubot! His coach is a way hotter than Lukasz himself

Nicolas Devilder

Old 07-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #240
country flag Tulipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post

Nah It must be a delicious desert but it's ever a greater pleasure to enjoy him alive
at your signature about Kubot! His coach is a way hotter than Lukasz himself
Yeah, keep it up, our little devil!

But reportedly Lukasz took his girlfriend from his coach... and I understand her, I don't like his coach But that quote is really hilarious!

Quote: