~░~Nicolas Devilder~░~ - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #211
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~░~Nicolas Devilder~░~

So, I will try my best to describe you Kamil. Yeah, he's really tall, he's 1,98 m I think (so he usually scared me to death when he walked in, because I'm 1,65 ) and has a good serve. He doesn't make a lot of aces, though, I'd say he has a good percentage but he doesn't take much risk so he doesn't put the serve to the lines. He's improved a lot since last year, he used to be a kind of sloth, now he plays harder and quicker. I think although he's so tall, he can play long rallies (he's not that kind of player like Querrey, Karlovic etc.). But I think still he's not too agressive and maybe he has a lack of experience, but he might do some good results in future, considering he's still quite young. Oh, and he has terrible taste in picking doubles' partners Off the court he's really nice guy and if he wants something from you, just close your eyes, cover your ears and run away, because if you stay and let him speak and do the pleading eyes, he will get anything he wants from you My personal experience

Here you have him:

Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #212
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

So finally he managed to reach the semi-finals in Kosice. Does anyone know what is the next tournament for Nicolas, I think he doesn't play the Wimbledon qualies...
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Old 06-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #213
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

That's bad because he has some points to defend there !
Old 06-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #214
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
So finally he managed to reach the semi-finals in Kosice. Does anyone know what is the next tournament for Nicolas, I think he doesn't play the Wimbledon qualies...
Now you can start blaming me again lol Thanks for the info about Kamil, it was a nice match! I only was scared that he'll begin talking to Nico (and you said it's dangerous!) or he'll crash the webcam one minute (his shots were dangerous as well!) and I won't be able to watch the rest of the match.

Nico doesn't play Wimbledon indeed, and I guess his participation in US Open is also a big question, he'll probably play it only if he gets directly into the main draw.
He's going to play on clay during the whole summer (mostly Challengers). Now he is in Braunschweig, plays 1st round against Junqueira. And I do hope he'll manage to win it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenouille View Post
That's bad because he has some points to defend there !
True, but anyway in his case there is more sense in playing a Challenger on clay rather than any tournament on grass.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #215
country flag Tulipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Now you can start blaming me again lol Thanks for the info about Kamil, it was a nice match! I only was scared that he'll begin talking to Nico (and you said it's dangerous!) or he'll crash the webcam one minute (his shots were dangerous as well!) and I won't be able to watch the rest of the match.

Nico doesn't play Wimbledon indeed, and I guess his participation in US Open is also a big question, he'll probably play it only if he gets directly into the main draw.
He's going to play on clay during the whole summer (mostly Challengers). Now he is in Braunschweig, plays 1st round against Junqueira. And I do hope he'll manage to win it!
I won't blame you . I think Kamil doesn't speak French and as for his English, I'm not sure it's so good Nico would understand him At least I did understand a little bit of his Slovak and he got a prize money form from me which I wasn't allowed to give him, because he was whining how much he needs it and has to catch his plane and he was doing pleading eyes, so finally I gave it to him and then was praying the whole week nobody noticed it's missing But truly a good match, although I just saw the result, because I wasn't able to watch it as I was in Poland that day. I think Kamil's slowly improving...

Junqueira is a tricky player for the 1st round. But let's hope he'll do well in Braunschweig. I think he doesn't have many points to defend in the US Open, does he?

Quote:
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #216
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Nico hadn't lost a set on his way to Braunschweig's final where he beat Roitman in the same manner 6-4 6-4 He said he is glad to win a tournament that's got such a great field, it's his first title of the year and he is absolutely happy

Next week he plays in Romania.

Quote:
I think Kamil's slowly improving...

Junqueira is a tricky player for the 1st round. But let's hope he'll do well in Braunschweig. I think he doesn't have many points to defend in the US Open, does he?
Kamil seems to be a funny guy And you're right, he did a very good match against Nicolas, broke him a few times.

Yeah, there is nothing special to defend at the USO

Nicolas Devilder

Old 06-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #217
country flag Tulipe

First title of the year! Let's throw some confetti! Nice to hear he's happy, let's hope it's the beginning of the better part of this season!!! Let's also hope someone else is coming to this thread, it seems we're the only fans here, Irina!

Quote:
Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #218
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Wooo I was on a weeks holiday and had a quick glance and saw that he'd made the final. So happy for him winning it!!!!

Well done Nico
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #219
country flag Hangdog

"▄berglŘcklich" Nico:

Quote:
First title of the year! Let's throw some confetti! Nice to hear he's happy, let's hope it's the beginning of the better part of this season!!! Let's also hope someone else is coming to this thread, it seems we're the only fans here, Irina!
Well, speaking more precisely, it's his second title of the year. He got the first one when he won a local French tournament earlier this year. Of course, it's less important but anyway I think that was a great victory too as there were represented such guys as Patience and Sidorenko.
Speaking about the better part of the season - he is back to the Top 100 this week!!! Now he is exactly on the 100th place
And as for the rest, personally I'm really happy just not to be alone here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Wooo I was on a weeks holiday and had a quick glance and saw that he'd made the final. So happy for him winning it!!!!

Well done Nico

Nicolas Devilder

Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #220
country flag Tulipe

Awww, he looks so sweet

Quote:
Old 06-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #221
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Awww what an adorable photo
Old 06-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #222
country flag Tulipe

Peta Pan, how can you explain that everytime we look at Nico, we just go like: "Awww!"

Quote:
Old 06-25-2008, 08:17 AM   #223
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
Peta Pan, how can you explain that everytime we look at Nico, we just go like: "Awww!"

Seems he's just a awww kind of person
Old 06-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #224
country flag Tulipe

I've found this on my computer recently...it's from 2006 Ostrava challenger. I've already forgotten how he looked with longer hair and bandana... I think now he looks younger and sweeter (awww-person ), but there surely was something about that look...

Quote:
Old 06-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #225
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

awww

I like him with the bandana too and I don't usually like long hair (although that didn't seem TOO long.

I do prefer him now though... the bandana look was from when I didn't really know who he was

He looks younger now though as you said!