Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;)) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-26-2003, 04:19 AM   #1
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mandy on Andy=awwww (XXX Warning ;))

Sorry but it's tooooooo cute!!!!!!
from YM, ym.com

Mandy in Love

It turns out that dating a world-class tennis player isn't so different from dating a regular guy — Mandy Moore and Andy Roddick like to dress casual, go bowling, and stay in to watch DVDs, too. Mandy gives us the scoop on life and love with Andy and reveals the secrets to how they make their relationship work.

What were your first impressions of Andy?
He came to the How to Deal movie set with another tennis player, James Blake. They both hung out for like an hour. I was just struck on how tall he was because every guy that I've dated in the past has been like my height. And I always wanted someone taller than me. I loved that he was so casual, too. He was just in shorts and a T-shirt. I could tell that he was really relaxed, like this is no big deal. We went out and ate nasty catered dinner at midnight, all of us.

Do you remember what you were wearing the day you met?
I was wearing my costume [from the movie]. It was the outfit that I hated most in the film. I couldn't believe I was meeting him, wearing these red pants and a tank top. It was terrible. So I quickly ran back and changed into these pants and a T-shirt — very casual. I went to his tennis match the next day, and he told me that he was very struck at how very casual I was, too, and he liked that. I was like "I'm not going out of my way to dress up for someone. I'm just going to a tennis match." We talked for two hours afterwards and hit it off, and didn't really know where it was going to go because he was leaving and I was leaving. But, we exchanged numbers and just found ourselves calling each other a lot and hanging out.

How often to you get a chance to hang out?
Not as often as I would like, but it's all about compromise. His tennis season is almost over and he's getting ready to have some time off — I spent last year, almost all of November and December, with him. It was such a great time, hanging out and living a normal life. I was with him in Florida and I was going grocery shopping and cleaning the house — I loved it.

Do you spend a lot of time on the phone?
Yeah. It's an adjustment getting used to a long distance relationship. Last year he lived out here in L.A. and so we'd hang out. But now I'm traveling to go see Andy because my schedule is a bit more accommodating — he can't get out here and he doesn't like L.A. very much.

What was it like watching him win the U.S. Open this year?
I knew before he had even started the Open that he was going to win. I knew it. He was playing unbelievable all summer and he had the confidence, and there wasn't a doubt in my mind. It was just him win, it made me want to work really hard and do something in my life, to make my family and my loved ones proud of me.

They already are proud.
I don't think there's anything comparable in my business, so maybe it would be something outside of what I do. Friends, family, acquaintances, and random people now pat him on the back and say, "That was amazing. Great job." He's such a cool guy and he deserves it. He works hard.

You're used to being in the public eye, but how is Andy finding fame?
Andy doesn't care about this industry. I don't think he 100 percent understands it and nor does he want to and I love him more for that. He's not used to having to talk about his private life — all of these things are starting to come up and he's like, "How do you deal with it? I don't want people asking me questions about you, and why is it any of their business?" So, I'm trying to help him with all of that stuff now.

Do you feel now that you're with him, the pair of you get focused on more, like Jen and Ben?
No, both of us aren't at the opening of every envelope. I try not to bring our relationship into the public eye; he tries to do the same.

So what's your ideal night out together?
Going out to dinner and a movie. I'm lucky that my boyfriend is lazy, too, and he likes to stay home and watch movies. We have an extensive DVD collection, and just talk and hang out and just watch TV.

Aside from tennis, what are some of the things Andy's good at? You said he's a better dancer than you are...
Andy's an amazing dancer. He's good at board games, debates, bowling. He's perfect.

Before, you had said you were in love with Wilmer [Valderama, Mandy's ex-boyfriend and star of That '70s Show]. Looking back do you still think you were?
I thought I was in love with him, but I was too young to really know what love was. Now, with Andy, I do. He's taught me a lot about myself, and I think I've grown up with him. Plus, it helps that he's not really into the spotlight and isn't about going out and being seen. All of that can put a strain on a relationship.

What struggles are you having dating someone like him?
I've never dated someone who's such a heartthrob. I'll go to his matches and watch girls flip out. He's so oblivious, which I think makes him so much cooler. But we just try to be normal and we do normal "couple" things. We're really not that exciting.

Is there any part of your life that needs improvement?
Life is great. I have no cause for complaints. I'm just growing up and still figuring out who I am and what I want to be, and what I want to do. My interests are always changing and my career has kind of evolved, and I see myself doing this for years and years. And now, I see myself having a family and maybe this being less of a priority and getting married one day — not any time soon, but maybe it will happen in the next 10 years or so.

— Patty Adams
Photo: Jonathan Skow

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 03-11-2004 at 03:21 AM.
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2003, 04:40 AM   #2
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandy on Andy=awwww

awwwwww is right.

i think she likes him.
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 04:42 AM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

lol ya think? I couldn't really tell

She was pretty sickeningly sweet about Wilmer and if she says that wasn't "real" and this is, all I can say is thank god she wants to keep it more private!!!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 12-26-2003, 04:51 AM   #4
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

That was private???

I know more about that relationship now than I know about relationships of people I have actually met.

This makes Martina looked positively closed mouthed about her relationships.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 04:55 AM   #5
country flag Deboogle!.

lol.... yeah.... for Mandy.... that's private. don't forget, she's hollywood not tennis... for hollywood, that's keeping quiet.

Old 12-26-2003, 04:58 AM   #6
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen plenty of Hollywood types keep their mouths shut about their relationships.

The girl likes to talk about her relationships. She isn't keeping it private in the least. Well, as least she didn't talk about having sex with Andy, but that's about all she left out.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:02 AM   #7
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute

it's true, she did tell a lot. I wonder how andy feels about this. it could make his life more difficult when the public and media know so many details. especially if (when?) they decide to call it off, or are having trouble.
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 05:10 AM   #8
country flag Deboogle!.

I dunno, I guess most of the stuff she said was either pretty public knowledge or not really particularly private.

Old 12-26-2003, 05:21 AM   #9
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Deb! She talke the way I talk to my girlfriends.

He wore this, and I was wearing this but then I changed into that, and he said that he liked the way I dressed and that was so funny because that was exactly the same thing I was thinking about him. And then we all went out and ate this dinner that was awful, but we had such a good time.

I can't imagine chattering much more about a relationship. Damm. I don't even tell my friends any more that she was telling.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #10
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

After reading Star's continous rants, I believe Mandy has been saying a lot too.

*brainwashed*

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 01:40 PM   #11
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

*hangs Jackson's brain up to dry
Old 12-26-2003, 08:33 PM   #12
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Should I feel safe with you playing with my brain?

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:44 PM   #13
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I washed my hands.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:55 PM   #14
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

well, imo, i don't think either one of them can really go into detail and talk a lot about what their relationship is like, because they do normal things, which is why i love them both seperately, and even more as a couple ;rocker2: what do you want them to tell reporters, yeah we watched this episode, then that one, we had some chips, then watched this movie, kinda boring and redundant dont you think? and about her past relationship with Wilmer, i didn't really read up on what was said about that relationship, and how she talked about him, etc. but i highly doubt that she's lieing about what she says about Andy. seriously, i think what they both say about eachother is genuine. Mandy is more used to the media, and is a girl, so she will say more than Andy. Andy plays tennis, why would he be a master at answering personal questions??? i love it how at first when their relationship was getting more and more popular how he used to shy away and kinda blush when speaking about her and now he's all like "oh is your wife coming tomorrow" OMG DEAD!!! when i read this in his interviews, i crap up all the time

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 01:18 AM   #15
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

I don't think he should snap at a reporter like that. I think he should just calmly say that he doesn't like to talk about his private life during interviews.