RUSSIAN Davis Cup team - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #31
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RUSSIAN Davis Cup team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon
back injury
(now he's always "injured" when he has to play against Safin or Federer in DC )
lmao gab,he is your country man u should cheer him!

true

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #32
country flag Russian elephant

Russian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: RUSSIAN Davis Cup team

I think I know which surface we'll choose in September

E. KOROLEV
Russian elephant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #33
country flag Mashik

Mashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah! Shamil said it already!
Mashik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:24 AM   #34
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Like we have a choice!!!!

2 people that scare me most are the Bryan brothers

But I know we'll manage
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #35
country flag Broomie

Broomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond reputeBroomie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,
just wanted to share with you my thoughts regarding Russia DC tie against France. I may not be Russian, but hopefully I’m posting in the right thread… And congratulation for your great team! (sorry for those who will be bored by the long text)

How I fell in love with Team Russia

I’ve almost always liked Russian players. For different reasons, but it is the first time, that in my little life as a tennis fan, I get to say I am fan of a team. It’s not the same as when it is your country. You’re not a fan of the players but you want them to win because they are from you’re country, even if in regular situation you wouldn’t care much about their results. Or when you are a fan of a player, and consequently support all his team, because you want him to win or just be happy.
That is the big difference I am feeling right now.
I want them to win, because I think they truly represent what tennis is: an athletic and smart GAME. I think tennis lost its popularity because it lost touch with the people. It is harder for this sport today to gain new fans, not just because of bad coverage, but also because people have a hard time relating to the players. That’s what I think anyway. And that’s where Team Russia comes in the picture.
They may not be the most entertaining guys when you take them individually, but as a Team, they combine everything that is attractive in sports: performance, character, game, fitness, speed, and FUN (you can call it entertainment if you prefer). I may get carried away, but it felt like watching Brasil in soccer. All the good vibes were pouring out of my TV, the French did put up a great fight, no match was an easy win, and yet, the Russians players seemed so happy to be there. And almost all of them expressed gratitude, at one point or another to have been selected and given the opportunity to play and show what they were capable of!
I have never seen any tennis team have as much fun(not silly fun, they knew when to be serious ) as I saw the Russians have last weekend. When you combine it with the quality of the tennis, it makes up for a great and FUN weekend. I do not think it is due to the fact that they don’t take the French seriously, I highly doubt that.
Safin was asked what he liked in the Davis cup and how he felt about it. He said it was great because you get to be with your friends, train and rest , have fun, and play soccer!
During Davydenko’s singles on Friday, Safin and Tursunov were fighting on the courtside with bottles. The rest of the time, all the team just had a big smile on their faces, cracking jokes. Do not misunderstand, they were following the match, just no nail-biting.
Nicolas Escudé mentioned speaking through signs with Marat, during that match.
On Saturday, during the doubles, I think the jokes were flying very high, they almost did not stop. It was very discreet, but french commentators were kind of surprised to see the Russian team so relaxed. They thought maybe it was to take some pressure off, or because they didn’t care for the doubles. But Tursunov and Youzhny were sweating their asses off on the court, even though they lost. It looked like the guys in the stands were making fun of Tursunov, especially when they won the 3rd set, it felt like: You did it!How do you feel? In a mocking way. At some point, Tursunov, who describes himself as “the least serious” of Safin’s squad (he must be crazy then, lol) (according to L'Equipe) even threw a ball at them! And all this in a great atmosphere. Even at the draw ceremony, I think it was on Thursday, Davydenko and Safin were laughing.
I am amazed and pleased at the same time, to see high level tennis players get along that well, without feeling jealousy or rivalries as in some teams (cough..Germany…cough).
Russia is not the only team like this I agree. Others like France, USA, also have a lot of friendship and support among them.
But I like the combination with the depth of players and the amazing tennis. I think it sets them apart.
Seeing them have so much fun on and beside the court was a blast all weekend. I didn’t know Davydenko’s sense of humor, but considering how much he made Marat laugh this weekend, I guess it is more than ok. It was a pleasure to see him relaxed and with emotions on his face.
Last but not least, their captain, who is maybe the coach who speaks and expresses the least, said himself that the reason of his team success is the sense of humor. That every single member of the team was very funny, including doctors and trainers, and that it was very important to keep good relationships among the players, that they have fun together.
My little cousin who was home with me this weekend, who usually doesn’t like watching tennis because he thinks it is boring told me: “it actually looks fun”.
That is what it is, a game. And when it is played brilliantly, that’s where the magic starts.
Whether Russia is going to win, is not really my point here, I just think, once again, they found a positive way to make themselves different from any other team. I just wait for Safin and Tursunov to get better results on grass, and they will be the most complete team.
Let’s the fun continue throughout the year!
Broomie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #36
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

It was not boring or too long at all I completly share you mind they have all such a great sense of humour (yes, even Davydenko who is deadpan ) and they get along very well... I wish I could be part of this team I would be all day long!
Old 04-12-2006, 05:14 AM   #37
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Kolya is not a DeadPan!!!! You have no idea how sweet and funny this guy can be!!!! I adore him!!! And I think while Marat was away, he did a damn good job at being the team leader.... you could see it last year against the French...he has great respect from the team

Oh WE HAVE THE BEST BOYS IN THE WORLD on our team

Thanks Broomie, it was a great read
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
Old 04-12-2006, 05:20 AM   #38
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
Kolya is not a DeadPan!!!!
it's probably not the right translation
Old 04-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #39
country flag {Annie}

Gab, I am not mad... but I do adore Kolya
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
Old 04-12-2006, 06:41 AM   #40
country flag Mashik

Mashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond reputeMashik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Annie}
Like we have a choice!!!!

2 people that scare me most are the Bryan brothers

But I know we'll manage
Oh, c'mon! They are very nice and sweet boys
They will win their match , but we win the semies

Anywhere, I'm very hapy, that one of my fav teams come and I'll see them
Mashik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #41
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

mashaaaa...u're antikolya we know!agree with annie,kolya si sucha great guy in his own way!and agree with broomie,the Russian guys are A D O R A B L E!i'm not russian too,adn i them!
clay come to mama!i want a 5-0 for russia,i really want to!

Quote:

Quote:
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Old 04-13-2006, 12:51 AM   #42
country flag Russian elephant

Russian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond reputeRussian elephant has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: RUSSIAN Davis Cup team

Broomie
Not every Russian can say such good words

E. KOROLEV
Russian elephant is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:01 AM   #43
country flag Mara_M

and what did i say before misha?

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #44
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

All Russian Davis Cup players got eliminated in the very first round of Monte Carlo Sounds so promising
Five is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #45
country flag Saumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
All Russian Davis Cup players got eliminated in the very first round of Monte Carlo Sounds so promising
they will play on clay, right?
the "good" news is that the american players didnt even play