RUSSIAN Davis Cup team - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-05-2007, 02:27 AM   #226
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RUSSIAN Davis Cup team

This is a good group. With Kolya, Marat, Misha, Igor, Dmitry, etc.
Tarpischev has 2 good teams for DC and FC.
goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #227
country flag snapper

snapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond reputesnapper has a reputation beyond repute

River Oaks field gets boost:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...r/4620957.html
Old 03-14-2007, 11:16 AM   #228
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond reputegoldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Davydenko, Youzhny Rejoin Russia For Davis Cup Quarterfinal With France

Photo By Getty Images By Tennis Week
03/13/2007

Russia has re-armed with a loaded lineup for next month's Davis Cup quarterfinal against France. Fourth-ranked Nikolay Davydenko and 17th-ranked Mikhail Youzhny return to the Russian roster, joining Marat Safin and Igor Andreev when the defending Davis Cup champion hosts France on a red clay court inside Moscow's Sports Palace Luzhniki, April 6-8.

It marks the third straight quarterfinal clash between the two nations.

"Now, we have all our top players available, which is good news," Russian Davis Cup captain Shamil Tarpischev told the Davis Cup web site. Dmitry Tursunov, who clinched Russia's 2006 semifinal victory over the United States with a grueling win over Andy Roddick, and teenager Evgeny Korolev, are both options as well.

Richard Gasquet will likely lead France, which has alternated Sebastien Grosjean and Arnaud Clement as its second singles starter in its recent World Group ties. Given the fact red clay has never been Clement's best surface and is now a challenging surface for former French Open semifinalist Grosjean as he nears his 29th birthday, French captain Guy Forget may opt for another singles selection. There are 13 Frenchman currently ranked in the top 100 of the ATP rankings.

Davydenko and Gasquet have split their two career clay-court matches with the Russian registering a 6-2, 4-6, 6-2, 6-1, victory in the 2005 Davis Cup quarters. Safin is 3-1 against Gasquet, while Youzhny and Gasquet have split their two meetings.

Russia holds a 4-2 head-to-head leave over France in Davis Cup play, including a 3-2 victory in the 2002 final in Paris when Youzhny became the first man in the 102-year history of Davis Cup to fight back from a two sets to love deficit in the final match of a Davis Cup final as he scored a 3-6, 2-6, 6-3, 7-5, 6-4 triumph over Paul-Henri Mathieu to clinch the Cup.

Andreev scored two singles victories to lift Russia to a 3-2 upset of host Chile in the opening-round tie staged on red clay last month in La Serena. Andreev upset Australian Open finalist Fernando Gonzalez on the opening day of play and then clinched Russia's quarterfinal spot with a 6-2, 6-1, 6-7(1), 6-4, victory over 2004 Olympic gold medallist Nicolas Massu.

Andreev played a pivotal role the last time Russia hosted France in Davis Cup play in pounding Mathieu, 6-0, 6-2, 6-1, in the decisive match to clinch Russia's 3-2 triumph over France in the 2005 quarterfinals.

A year ago, Russia rolled to a 4-1 quarterfinal victory over France on a carpet court in Pau. The Russians would go on to beat the United States on red clay in the Davis Cup semifinals before defeating Argentina in the final.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #229
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

tarpi has a good field to select
so kolya and misha are in ? that's good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #230
country flag goldenlox

Russia is up 2-1 over France after doubles win by Kolya and Igor.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #231
country flag goldenlox

Igor Andreev and Nikolay Davydenko beat Sebastien Grosjean and Michael Llodra 3-6 7-5 6-3 3-6 6-3 in doubles on Saturday to give Russia a 2-1 lead over France in their Davis Cup world group quarterfinal.

Before Saturday, no Russian or Soviet pair had won against France in Davis Cup doubles, since their first meeting in 1973.

France's Paul-Henri Mathieu had upset world number four Davydenko in the opening singles on Friday before Russia's Mikhail Youzhny levelled the score in a marathon match against Richard Gasquet.

Davydenko replaced Marat Safin in Saturday's line-up, playing Davis Cup doubles for the first time.

"It was a difficult match," Andreev said. "We put up a fight and the French maybe started getting nervous. We had a few chances and we used them."

The French pair launched into the match with zeal, taking five games within 29 minutes.

The Russians stepped up their game and won the second set despite playing from the baseline as Safin watched from the sidelines alongside Friday's hero Youzhny.

At two sets all, the Russians produced a fighting spirit to win the decider and finish the match in three hours 23 minutes.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #232
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

Great job well done Kolya and Igor
Five is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #233
country flag goldenlox

That was a tight tie. This year will be difficult to repeat, but they can do it.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 AM   #234
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

WORLD GROUP FIRST ROUND
RUSSIA v SERBIA

Venue: Small Sports Arena "Luzhniki", Moscow (hard - indoors)

Russia
Nikolay Davydenko
Mikhail Youzhny
Dmitry Tursunov
Marat Safin
Captain: Shamil Tarpischev

Serbia
Novak Djokovic
Janko Tipsarevic
Viktor Troicki
Nenad Zimonjic
Captain: Bogdan ObradovicSmall Sports Arena "Luzhniki", Moscow
Stadium Capacity: 6,480

08 February - 10 February 2008
Day 1: 1300 hrs (1000 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1400 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1300 hrs (1000 hrs GMT)

Surface: Hard (RuKortHard) - Indoors

Ball Type: Head ATP
Svetlana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #235
country flag derlis

derlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond reputederlis has a reputation beyond repute

RUSSI - SERBIA single games predictions

Mikhail YOUZHNY 20.5% - Novak DJOKOVIC 79.5%
Nikolay DAVYDENKO 77.6% - Viktor TROICKI 16.2%
Mikhail YOUZHNY 72.4% - Viktor TROICKI 27.6%
Nikolay DAVYDENKO 33.8% - Novak DJOKOVIC 66.2%

More DAVIS Cup predictions here => www.bettingmonster.net
Old 04-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #236
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond reputeSvetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

Russian team during a routine practice today:

Old 09-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #237
country flag Svetlana.

I'm watching the Davis Cup semifinal with Argentina and can say that Kolya has gain a great deal of respect from me... even if he's going to loose the match. Kolya is leading Nalby 2:1 right now.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #238
country flag Svetlana.

Nikolai won his match
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #239
country flag Ovidiu Matiu

Ovidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some pictures with the Russian Team in Sibiu, Romania, before the Davis Cup game. http://www.matiu.ro/main.php?g2_itemId=27122
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ovidiu_Matiu_antrenamente_Rusia(11).jpg (40.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Ovidiu_Matiu_conferinta_presa (2).jpg (42.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Ovidiu_Matiu_conferinta_presa (5).jpg (39.7 KB, 3 views)
Ovidiu Matiu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #240
country flag Ovidiu Matiu

Ovidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond reputeOvidiu Matiu has a reputation beyond repute

pictures from the first day http://www.matiu.ro/main.php?g2_itemId=27398
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ovidiu_Matiu_Crivoi_Safin (16).jpg (40.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Ovidiu_Matiu_Crivoi_Safin (39).jpg (26.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Ovidiu_Matiu_Crivoi_Safin (23).jpg (38.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Ovidiu_Matiu_Hanescu_youzhny (11).jpg (41.0 KB, 1 views)
Ovidiu Matiu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote