Andre Agassi TV Alert!!! (for Jan 16, 2005) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2003, 01:23 AM   #1
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Andre Agassi TV Alert!!! (for Jan 16, 2005)

ignore...accidentally deleted stuff...whoops
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 01-10-2005 at 07:36 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2003, 02:08 AM   #2
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, awesome! thanks for the tip!

I never thought I would look forward to Dr. Phil...
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 02:17 AM   #3
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andre Agassi TV Alert!!!

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:49 AM   #4
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I viewed my Dr Phil tape several times and I don't think I can get any more starry-eyed over Andre ! That guy is just awesome!! So humble and so smart, and generous with his time and money! If only the majority of professional athletes could have as much class as Andre. My hero. **big sigh**

BTW, he looked fantastic! He almost looks like he's glowing these days (being on top of your game at such an "advanced" age and having a new baby daughter will do that to a man, I guess!). He seems to me to be thinner, too. The black outfit he wore at TMC Houston actually made him look chunky. But on Dr Phil he looks like he lost some weight.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 12-30-2003 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:59 AM   #5
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the little clip of the doubles match with Dr. Phil? The Doctor hit a "screaming" winner down the line on the run, almost ala Andre. It cracked me up!

I was thinking, 12 years ago, something like this would have been inconceivable. talk about the evolution of a man. that's why Andre's great -- he's always trying to improve, his game and everything else.

Last edited by MisterQ : 12-30-2003 at 03:01 AM.
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:07 PM   #6
Last dance, Andy

NEW TV ALERT!!!!

Agassi Biography Subject; Roddick on SportsCentury

Two of America’s best tennis talents, one in the twilight of his career and another at the dawn of his, will be chronicled by major documentaries in the week leading up to the US Open. Andre Agassi, a former World No. 1 and winner of eight Grand Slam titles, will be the subject of an A&E Biography, while Andy Roddick, the defending US Open Champion and the World No. 1 for 2003, will be featured on ESPN’s SportsCentury.

Agassi burst onto the tennis scene in the late 1980s, with long hair and flashy clothes, boasting that he planned to “wake up the country club.” He did that and more, climbing to No. 1 in the world while winning numerous titles. In 1997, the game had escaped him, and he went without a title while falling out of the Top 100. His tennis struggles came at a time when he captured as much attention off the court as on, due in part to his first marriage, to actress Brooke Shields.

Though written off by many, he reemerged two years later, climbing to No. 1 once again in 1999. The one-time “bad-boy” had grown up, and the 34-year-old now serves as an ambassador for the game while still competing successfully on the court. Just over a month after delivering a tearful induction speech for his second wife, Steffi Graf, at the International Tennis Hall of Fame, Agassi claimed his 59th career title at the Western & Southern Financial Group Masters in Cincinnati.

A&E’s Biography of Andre Agassi will air at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) on Tuesday, August 24.

The heir apparent to Agassi for American tennis hopes is young Andy Roddick. A native of Omaha, Neb., Roddick will turn 22-years-old on August 30, the first day of play at the US Open where he will be defending his title. Though not as brash as Agassi was, Roddick turns just as many heads with his flashy style. A gritty, emotional player, Roddick has crossed over into the mainstream American culture thanks to his wit and good looks, hosting Saturday Night Live while being seen on the pages of hundreds of magazines in the past few years.

On the court, Roddick plays hard and fast. Blasting serves at upwards of 150 mph, he obtained the mantel of the future of tennis in American with a stunning win over Pete Sampras at the 2001 NASDAQ-100 Open. He then loudly declared the future is now last summer, going 27-1 during the North American hard court season. His incredible run included four titles (RCA Championships in Indianapolis, Tennis Masters Canada in Montreal, Western & Southern Financial Group Masters in Cincinnati and the US Open) and vaulted him to the top of the ATP rankings, where he would finish the year as the second-youngest No. 1 in history.

ESPN’s SportsCentury of Andy Roddick will debut on ESPN at 3 p.m. (ET/PT) on Friday, August 27. It can also be seen at that time on ESPN-HD, which greatly enhances the tennis viewing experience with its clarity and widescreen format. Roddick’s is just the third SportsCentury to be produced in HD. The program will re-air on Roddick's birthday, Monday, August 30, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) on ESPN Classic.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 01-10-2005, 07:39 PM   #7
Last dance, Andy

Default Re: Andre Agassi TV Alert!!! (for Jan 16, 2005)

Jan 16, 2005
ESPN CLASSIC

1988 Australian Open, Women’s Finals
Steffi Graf vs Chris Evert
Melbourne, Australia
10:00 am to 12:00 pm

1991 Australian Open, Finals
Boris Becker vs Ivan Lendl
Melbourne, Australia
12:00 pm to 2:00 pm

[color=purple]1995 Australian Open, Finals
Andre Agassi vs Pete Sampras
Melbourne, Australia
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm[/purple]

2002 Australian Open, Women's Final
Jennifer Capriati vs Martina Hingis
Melbourne, Australia
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm

Mugs Tennis Forums