The "injuries still suck" RG thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #121
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fun in the boring mud! (the Clay Season thread)

common sense I guess? He played it last year, and I doubt he'd bother going to Germany to play Dusseldorf if he isn't gonna play Hamburg....

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #122
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, if Andy misses Hamburg he would really deserve a collective bitch slapping from all of us. One planned dismissal of a Masters is barely acceptable, skipping two for no reason is completely unforgiveable.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #123
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

As far as we know he has no plans to miss it. I can get pissed at Andy with the best of them but get's give him the benefit of the doubt on this one unless and until he pulls out

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #124
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

That was one of my most poorly written posts ever. I was actually agreeing with you, Andy will play Hamburg, of course. He's played it every year and I don't see him skipping it this year.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #125
country flag Deboogle!.

oh I know I was just saying

He didn't play in 2004 but.. we forgive him for that one.

Of course, I'd actually rather he play Monte Carlo than Hamburg. Those conditions there are so bad it's not even really great preparation for RG. Monte Carlo is probably the closest

But whatever.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #126
country flag Fee

Was 2004 the year of the fire in Rome? Yeah, that one was excused, he had a note.

I figured you understood my post, but it was still poorly written. I wish I knew what the deal with Monte Carlo was, it can't just be scheduling there has to be more to it. I know one doubles player who went once and was so completely unimpressed by the whole tournament that he said he would never go back, but I don't remember why. This intrigues me.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #127
country flag Deboogle!.

Yea it was.

Maybe that has something to do with it, maybe those guys just don't enjoy it there for whatever reason, figure they can get one week off at home all in a row and they've played houston and gotten some matches on red clay and they'll just show up in rome ready to go. I'm actually ok with Andy skipping MC, but I wish that he'd go over a week BEFORE rome and play one of the smaller tourneys then.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #128
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammy
What clay season? Rome and RG? These are the only tournements left for Andy because he doesn't bother for Monte Carlo, Hamburg etc. He prefers a walk on the lake with his boat instead of tennis on clay.
He doesn't only hate European events, he despises fitness and tennis rules/techniques. His mother/brother know. Why else would they cling on to him by working as coach and charity "manager" instead of seeing that he needs a coach? if he doesn't care, they should let him go to be an entertainer
or something non-tennis related.
Why would his brother not realize or not care that Andy's lack of passion, poor footwork and
overmuscular, slower body will lead him nowhere? Do you believe playing w/Ginepri in Germany will make Andy love tennis? He's afraid of hurting his loved ones; he's depressed as hell...even while he played Davis Cup.

Last edited by heya : 04-16-2006 at 09:42 PM.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:28 PM   #129
country flag Gulliver

Gulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond reputeGulliver has a reputation beyond repute

When you think of all the diversions over the years, parties, charity dos, exhibition matches, girl friends, hanging out with friends, TV appearances etc. it must make life look a whole lot more fun off the tennis court than on it. Once a tennis tournament has to fit in with those other activities Roddick has shown that he will offload the tournament (cf Shanghai v an exhibition match).

The clay season outside America is too much like hard work so he'll pay lip service to being there for a while, because he's supposed to be a professional tennis player. Then he'll turn up for Queens and Wimbledon trying to recapture lost glory, but may well find that a lost work ethic, previous defeats to other players ranked lower than him and intermittent motivation prove his downfall for good.
Gulliver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #130
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliver
When you think of all the diversions over the years, parties, charity dos, exhibition matches, girl friends, hanging out with friends, TV appearances etc. it must make life look a whole lot more fun off the tennis court than on it. Once a tennis tournament has to fit in with those other activities Roddick has shown that he will offload the tournament (cf Shanghai v an exhibition match).

The clay season outside America is too much like hard work so he'll pay lip service to being there for a while, because he's supposed to be a professional tennis player. Then he'll turn up for Queens and Wimbledon trying to recapture lost glory, but may well find that a lost work ethic, previous defeats to other players ranked lower than him and intermittent motivation prove his downfall for good.
um??????????

Old 04-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #131
country flag Fee

I agree Deb. WTF?!?!?!

Old 04-16-2006, 11:01 PM   #132
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

I'm tired of the congratulations for his family and friends because they're happy and satisfied (his mom's unconcerned because Andy's supposed to be left to make his OWN schedules and tennis choices and somehow John will save his career).
In contrast, he and his family can't stand hearing criticism about him; he only listens to advice from people he knows (PMc, Americans).
It's taboo that Andy behaves wiser than older people.
Comments "do nothing but hit crap out of the ball" and
"geniuses move in slow motion...they can't lose to me" "He's a legend...I'm a goof"
+ "I'm slower minded" took their toll on him.

Andy learns nothing as he attends sport award shows as a humiliated loser + parties at Hugh Hefner's (it's not funny anymore). The pain on his face was devastating.
The media and fans hate to say the painful truth about his life & relationships, but they still pay to watch him lose.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:10 PM   #133
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
I agree Deb. WTF?!?!?!
I mean, i'm tough on andy... and I've questioned if he still wants to be an elite tennis player but.....???????????????????

Old 04-16-2006, 11:32 PM   #134
country flag Katdiva7

Katdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond repute

Do we know why Andy pulled out of MC? I just saw that he wasn't in the draw in GM...
Katdiva7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #135
country flag Deboogle!.

Because he didn't want to play. He hasn't played for years. None of the Americans are playing, they didn't give a reason. We can only guess as to why.