The "injuries still suck" RG thread - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-26-2006, 02:45 AM   #196
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fun in the boring mud! (the Clay Season thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe
Yeah, playing charity events when he should be practising hard on the red stuff is frustrating but I guess he has his priorities straight. He probably knows that going deep in Rome is a shot in the dark. But then again, why play at all? Oh well, maybe he will play better when he has nothing to lose. Maybe we will see a rejuvenated Andy at Queens.
Well the Bryans are doing it too, and they do have a chance to go deep at Rome, and Hamburg, and RG, and wherever else they play I guess if they were to leave right from Charleston and go to Rome, that's 4 days before the tourney starts and is probably enough time to get acclimatized and all, but I guarantee Federer and Nadal will be there before then. We could never ask him to give up charity events, he loves them and it's who he is and it's for great causes.. it's just too bad the event wasn't just a couple days earlier

The problem isn't so much the charity event as the fact that I'm sure he's been practicing on green and not red clay since Houston.

Yes Ryan he is playing with Robby and the twins for the US. I hope they get Chile, Argentina, and Spain in their group so Andy has to play good players

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 03:44 AM   #197
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ¡|:!
Well the Bryans are doing it too, and they do have a chance to go deep at Rome, and Hamburg, and RG, and wherever else they play I guess if they were to leave right from Charleston and go to Rome, that's 4 days before the tourney starts and is probably enough time to get acclimatized and all, but I guarantee Federer and Nadal will be there before then. We could never ask him to give up charity events, he loves them and it's who he is and it's for great causes.. it's just too bad the event wasn't just a couple days earlier

The problem isn't so much the charity event as the fact that I'm sure he's been practicing on green and not red clay since Houston.

Yes Ryan he is playing with Robby and the twins for the US. I hope they get Chile, Argentina, and Spain in their group so Andy has to play good players
Sure, that is why I said that he has his priorities straight. Playing for a good cause is a noble thing to do but it is still a little annoying that he won't be in Europe sooner. It is not just match practice on clay. He has to acclimatize himself to Europe and 4 days just doesn't seem enough.

IMHO, WTT should not even be considered as practice for RG.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:48 AM   #198
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure, that is why I said that he has his priorities straight. Playing for a good cause is a noble thing to do but it is still a little annoying that he won't be in Europe sooner. It is not just match practice on clay. He has to acclimatize himself to Europe and 4 days just doesn't seem enough.
Sigh, I do agree. But we just have to accept it I think.
Quote:
IMHO, WTT should not even be considered as practice for RG.
It's hard to say. Some of the competition is really good. if andy were to play Gaudio, Massu, Volandri, Nalby, Ferrer, etc. I think that's good preparation and better than he'd get if he played St. Polten or whatever it's gonna be this year. On the other hand you sacrifice getting to Paris early so then you have like no time to get used to Paris before you play - but a couple years ago Andy got to Paris mega-early and it didn't help him so maybe it doesn't matter at all.

well unless and until Andy really dedicates his mind to doing well on clay nothing is gonna matter at all

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-26-2006, 03:00 PM   #199
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Is it on Clay? What made Andy want to play it? I know Robby does like every year...
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #200
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
Is it on Clay? What made Andy want to play it? I know Robby does like every year...
Of course it's on clay, it's the week before the French Open.. I don't know why Andy's playing. He played in 2002. Money? Guaranteed matchplay right before RG? Sadly, I am not inside Andy's head

Old 04-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #201
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course it's on clay, it's the week before the French Open.. I don't know why Andy's playing. He played in 2002. Money? Guaranteed matchplay right before RG? Sadly, I am not inside Andy's head
Maybe he's feeling extra patriotic, ya know and now he's gonna play the poor man's davis cup too!!
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:31 PM   #202
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's better for Andy to play the week leading up to Roland Garros so that he enters there more match tough and with recent clay matches under his belt, rather than having the week off to practice, etc. We all know that he won't have a deep run there anyways and isn't as concentrated on winning that slam than the other 3 (where he has a legit chance of winning any of the 3) so that week of training on the clay and stuff just seems like a waste of time. IMO I see this as a good thing, so straight from playing this world team whatever it's called, then going straight to Paris to get RG started is a good idea. He'll be gone by the time the QF roll over (or maybe pigs will fly and Andy will make it that far ) so an extra week of rest prior to a Slam, particularly this one, wont be as important.

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:36 PM   #203
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
I think it's better for Andy to play the week leading up to Roland Garros so that he enters there more match tough and with recent clay matches under his belt, rather than having the week off to practice, etc. We all know that he won't have a deep run there anyways and isn't as concentrated on winning that slam than the other 3 (where he has a legit chance of winning any of the 3) so that week of training on the clay and stuff just seems like a waste of time. IMO I see this as a good thing, so straight from playing this world team whatever it's called, then going straight to Paris to get RG started is a good idea. He'll be gone by the time the QF roll over (or maybe pigs will fly and Andy will make it that far ) so an extra week of rest prior to a Slam, particularly this one, wont be as important.
That's a very interesting counterargument and makes a ton of sense. Thanks

Old 04-27-2006, 01:14 AM   #204
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Giving back to the community is best when you can't care less about winning 2 matches at the US Open. If I'm not mistaken, maturity and genius are traits of Roddick folks and friends.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:22 AM   #205
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

AT least money will help lessen the pain of having losing head-to-head records.
The 1-10 and 1-6 records vs. Andy's fave outdoor hardcrt. and grass players,
and 1-3 records vs clay players are extraordinary.
Next time, he'll crash out of Wimbledon 2nd round after avoiding sidespin slicing tactics and continuing with moonballs and 130-155 mph serves.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:36 AM   #206
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

"do it for the money ande!!!"

-call him: "for the money roddick"
partygirl is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:23 AM   #207
heya
Banned!

conundrum

1. Lie to Andy about winning Slams
but do nothing for him. Eat Cheetos...relax on the boat.

2. Tell him to donate money and make sponsors happy,
but don't give him a rare opportunity to become a legend....after
all....let ANdy believe he's stupid and make him stay at the low level he's at.
Knowledgeable fans and Andy know what he's paid to do--
Have real coach support and Never-say-die, tiger killing prey tennis.

Family, American Express and friends, however, live in another galaxy....they're all about team work and money!!!!
You see...rich Andy won't give much of his own money to the world....
but poor, middle-classed folks PAY $$$$$$ to HIS AR Foundation and EXHIBITION PROMOTERS.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:46 AM   #208
country flag am&a

am&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya
Giving back to the community is best when you can't care less about winning 2 matches at the US Open.
you mean one match. |:
am&a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:02 AM   #209
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond repute

heya...
No I don't think he'll sink as low as to suck on grass too.... he'd have retired by then
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:05 AM   #210
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond repute

and no way he'll lose on grass to cheap players with that kind of serve speed.... well except to that Italian Broccoli guy.... but otherwise he'll have a free pass to the SF at least (I think) or (I hope he doesn't draw Marat)
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote