The "injuries still suck" RG thread - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #181
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fun in the boring mud! (the Clay Season thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Justin updated his blog and says the Americans skipping Euro clay is A-OK Finally, somebody who sees reason. Here's part of his comments:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...arcelona.clay/

Thank you, Justin. I'm glad I'm not the only one who shrugs when the Americans don't show up at MC.
Nadal didn't play all the clay masters last year and neither did Federer. It's hard has hell to play all three of these things in a row. The Americans just skipped the first event but they will be in Rome and Hamburg. Federer didn't play here last year and it was unheard of when he announced he was going to play all the masters.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #182
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
Nadal didn't play all the clay masters last year and neither did Federer. It's hard has hell to play all three of these things in a row. The Americans just skipped the first event but they will be in Rome and Hamburg. Federer didn't play here last year and it was unheard of when he announced he was going to play all the masters.
but IMO you can't compare. Because Federer does well in the events he shows up for. He's won Hamburg what, 3 times? The American guys struggle badly on clay and avoid the season as long as they can. Mind you I don't thik it's that big a deal that they don't play Monte Carlo (even though I think it's horrendously embarrassing for US mens tennis), but I don't think you can compare them to Fed and Rafa (who only didn't play Hamburg last year b/c he'd won a bunch of tourneys in a row and won a 5hour Rome final...). I think it's a different situation when you need to pull out of one b/c you played a lot of matches and when you pull out of one just b/c you don't want to play - the situations aren't comparable IMO.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #183
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ¡|:!
but IMO you can't compare. Because Federer does well in the events he shows up for. He's won Hamburg what, 3 times? The American guys struggle badly on clay and avoid the season as long as they can. Mind you I don't thik it's that big a deal that they don't play Monte Carlo (even though I think it's horrendously embarrassing for US mens tennis), but I don't think you can compare them to Fed and Rafa (who only didn't play Hamburg last year b/c he'd won a bunch of tourneys in a row and won a 5hour Rome final...). I think it's a different situation when you need to pull out of one b/c you played a lot of matches and when you pull out of one just b/c you don't want to play - the situations aren't comparable IMO.
My point Deb is that, you can't play them all. Whether you play the first two or the last two, you can't play them all. I suppose if you really wanted to improve your game on clay you would, like Federer is trying to do.

Meanwhile, I just watched the 2005 Cinnci highlights on master series tv...man that was a good tourny for Andy. What a win over Hewitt...Andy was fired up bigtime. Too bad he got injured in that final, he really had a chance to post a win against Fedex.
That's the gospel.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #184
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I suppose if you really wanted to improve your game on clay you would, like Federer is trying to do.
Thank you for proving my point

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #185
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point
Who wants to improve their game on clay, lets work on winning on Wimbly!
That's the gospel.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #186
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Who wants to improve their game on clay, lets work on winning on Wimbly!
Ohh yea, and USO again would be nice...and is it too early to think about Aussie next year? lol

HC and Grass is where it's at, I know...Andy knows it...the rest of the Americans know it there are more oppertunities to win tournies and pickup points on hc. It's just that simple.

I mean it would be nice to have some good results on clay....but...bleh...Andy will never be good on clay, and excluding maybe Ginepri, niether will the rest of the current crop of Americans.
That's the gospel.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #187
country flag Deboogle!.

Ginepri's got the worst record on clay of them all, though.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #188
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Ginepri's got the worst record on clay of them all, though.
haha...um...well they should all be working on getting their grass court games fine tuned then...hahaha
That's the gospel.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #189
country flag Fumus

Oh well, anyways, if Andy does have a good season a makes the semis or qrts of a clay masters or sumtin...that would be...just super. Hopefully Andy gets a good draw everywhere he goes.
That's the gospel.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:42 PM   #190
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

I watch him to see him win tournaments,
not to see him collapse with an ankle sprain because he coincidentally neither takes care of his body nor takes 8-10 seconds in order to think about an upcoming smart serve. Oh, and it'd be human to not use Davis Cup as an excuse for losing
and twisting your back and cancelling tournaments.

I know Mom and Dad love him to visit between tournaments, but they don't own a slave boy son. Andy's self-absorbedness and anxiety in charity exhibitions/auctions/DC ties/Parties give his opponents advantages and time to gloat.... We all know who loved witnessing Loser Andy after Thailand and Saturday Night Live.

Please avoid the typical loser Roddick family tradition of
showboating (celebrating energy-draining 155 mph serves and shit footwork due to weight gain).

Last edited by heya : 04-25-2006 at 11:46 PM.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:48 AM   #191
country flag morningglory

morningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond reputemorningglory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh well, anyways, if Andy does have a good season a makes the semis or qrts of a clay masters or sumtin...that would be...just super. Hopefully Andy gets a good draw everywhere he goes.
sorry dude, but I don't see it happenin'.... not the present form Andy...
some streaks of 4th rounds for some minor points would be nice... and try to grab the #2 seed at Wimby or run the risk of a Fed Semi...
morningglory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:14 AM   #192
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Hello fellow Andy and James lovers,

Have these two signed up to play Rome yet (I know officially they are but still I had to ask) ?

I hope they go to Europe early to practise on the red mud.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:15 AM   #193
country flag Deboogle!.

They both intend to play Rome. I dunno when James is going there but Andy is doing a charity thing with the Bryans May 3 so he can't get there til like at least the 4th

love your stuff in GM, btw

Old 04-26-2006, 02:41 AM   #194
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They both intend to play Rome. I dunno when James is going there but Andy is doing a charity thing with the Bryans May 3 so he can't get there til like at least the 4th
Yeah, playing charity events when he should be practising hard on the red stuff is frustrating but I guess he has his priorities straight. He probably knows that going deep in Rome is a shot in the dark. But then again, why play at all? Oh well, maybe he will play better when he has nothing to lose. Maybe we will see a rejuvenated Andy at Queens.

Quote:
love your stuff in GM, btw
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2006, 02:43 AM   #195
country flag Fumus

Andy is playing in the world team thing? Arag? !?
That's the gospel.