The "injuries still suck" RG thread - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #1531
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "injuries still suck" RG thread

edit

Here's something more interesting: Roger's comments on the American men and clay. I love that Roger's the No. 1 player in the world and he has to deal with questions about Andy and James And I agree with his assessment that there's really no reason why Andy can't make it to the QFs with these draws he's been getting.

Q. Considering it's another tournament where there's no Americans in the second round here, no American men, what advice would you give to the United States Tennis Association to help remedy the problems we're having on clay?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, I don't know (smiling). I don't see it as a problem as serious as maybe you guys see it. The players, they know they can do good stuff here at the French Open. I really thought ?? actually, I believe if Andy would have been in good shape, I would have seen him at least in the quarters, honestly. You know, Blake beat a good player. Unfortunat ely, he lost today. I mean, they all know they can play on clay.

So I just think it's a matter of being able to back it up match after match, you know, giving yourself opportunit ies. And sometimes, you know, when you don't play enough clay court tournament s leading up to the French Open, that's hard to do. So maybe that's what they should be doing more often.

But, listen, I'm not going to start giving advice to the other players. They know what they've got to do for their games. I don't think the USTA has to do much.

Q. You think it's more bad luck than something systemic in the US?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, it's obvious that they all grow up on hard court because that's the surface they have in the States. The weather allows it, too. It's normal that they feel much more comfortable on hard courts. You have also other players now, you know, who can't play on hard courts because of the movement and everything.

I mean, you have to give the Americans a break, too. They didn't grow up on this stuff, but they can still play on it, they can still be dangerous. It's just maybe they're not the big favorites like they are elsewheres.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 06-05-2006 at 08:36 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #1532
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson
With the likes of Davydenko and Mario moving closer, how many positions will Andy be losing after RG?
I know Davydenko got to the semis at last year's Roland Garros, so I think the only way he can gain points is to make it to the final. Mario will gain points because he only made it to the third round last year. He'll probably crack the top ten.
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #1533
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
OMG Rafa that was lame: he called for a trainer (while serving for the set) because...get this...a piece of banana was stuck in his throat.

A banana choke. Can you believe that? JohnnyMac and Mary Carillo are still laughing over it.

Mary: "If this banana ends his run, I weep for our sport."
I wish I would have seen this

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:36 AM   #1534
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, so far Andy's still #5....

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:34 AM   #1535
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnduck
I wish I would have seen this
Of course I'm going to make a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2nI9CCg8q8
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:46 AM   #1536
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Tangy.

its odd, i mean what are the trainers supposed to do, stick a tongue depresser or something down his throat?

come to think of it why was he not heimliched? its supposed to force caught objects up.
thinking of the position, id believe he would be partial to a little of that.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #1537
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the heimlich done right is actually quite dangerous and I've only ever heard about it being used when someone is actually choking (aka they can't breathe)...obviously rafa could breathe lol. What i found bizarre is that the trainer and doctor didn't do ANYTHING for him! I don't want to say he was faking but it arguably was like he just wanted to sit down for a couple minutes

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 06-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #1538
country flag yuffchen

yuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond reputeyuffchen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox
I know Davydenko got to the semis at last year's Roland Garros, so I think the only way he can gain points is to make it to the final. Mario will gain points because he only made it to the third round last year. He'll probably crack the top ten.

it will be nice if ancic cracks the top ten, but i really hope that roddick won't lose so much places
yuffchen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #1539
country flag Deboogle!.

They were talking to Cliffy this morning! I woke up and turned on the tennis and heard this familiar soothing voice and it was cliffy!! He sounds still real sick, coughing a lot and stuff, I wonder what the virus was that he had He will be back at Wimby he said

Old 06-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #1540
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

cliff rocks!

im convinced chris fowler and brad gilbert are fucking.
-they have this whole schoolboy crush thing going on.

comment of the week-
brad gilbert: "I did NOT pick the Kuzinator."
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #1541
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

No one could be worse than Tim Ryan. The other morning, the camera was showing the statute of Suzanne Lenglen at the front of Court Lenglen and Ryan was blathering about it being a statute of the Four Musketeers.

Mary Jo was rendered speechless.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #1542
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ¡|:!
Yeah, so far Andy's still #5....
Hopefully he can defend most/all of his grass points and then pick up some points at USO.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #1543
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.andyroddick.com/1897/clas...vid-letterman/

Quote:
Classic Andy TV: Late Night with David Letterman

June 7th, 2006 05:53 pm
By Andyroddick.com Staff

What do Andy’s first serve and David Letterman’s top ten list have in common? “They’re something you can always go to. It’s always going to be funny,” Andy reveals.

In a black shirt and blue jeans with a distinctive large hole on the knee, Andy appeared on the ‘Late Night Show with David Letterman’ as a part of his media spin following his 2003 US Open victory.

“It has a nice ring to it. I never dreamed it would happen so I’m thrilled.” Andy divulges the feeling of joining a long list of legends, as the US Open champ. Andy shared with Letterman about his quick move from Nebraska, discussed the property of a hat as a “sun repelling device” and revelled in Pete Sampras’ retirement at the beginning of the tournament. “That was amazing,” Andy enthused, before joking it “was one less person to play this year.”

So while we prep up for Rome, take some time to visit our Photos/Videos section to re-live this, and more ‘Classic Andy TV’.
Once again they show themselves up for being the geniuses that they are
Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #1544
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Tim Ryan's voice makes me want to cut off my ears!!! And he never stops talking! Someone please Zap-a-Gap his trap.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #1545
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, Roger and Rafa have invaded the ATP site!!!! There is a bloody clay colour flash intro.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote