The "injuries still suck" RG thread - Page 100 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-01-2006, 05:15 PM   #1486
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "injuries still suck" RG thread

Renee, well said (: Deb was talking about Brads obvious inability to motivate him when they were working together. You make a good point about how it's completely stupid for him to say something now regarding his work ethic when he's doing SO much more than he did then.
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #1487
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the thing i hate,
18 months with brad, Andy say's they had begun to plateau...
but with such success who is to say that was not the first stage of more success.
Not a bottoming out-add another 12 months a lot could have happened to prove their working relationship good.

Of course if you dont care for someone, you should'nt really be working together
But!
just say that.

-what do i know-

i think brad's getting over it, i just think he's still infatuated with andy...maybe love

Last edited by partygirl : 06-01-2006 at 05:53 PM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #1488
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

exactly...
the way people talks about things, and i think brad certainly thinks so himself, that andy's success in 2003 was solely because of him, and the slump was the aftermath of getting rid of him. that darn match against hewitt in the 04' tmc semifinals, in particular, is still giving me nightmares until this very day.

the way brad talks about andy's coaching situation is as if he's not taking responsibility on the recent bad-run of form, blaming the coaches on everything, which, i personally, don't think that's the case. basically, he's treating his coaches like shit. brad is still bitter, if you ask me. he obviously thinks he's too good to be fired.
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #1489
country flag acoffeygirl

acoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is Monfils a really streaky player or what? I'm only following the SB, but he just seems to go away for a bit and then come back and play well and then go away again. He did that against Murray as well.

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:43 PM   #1490
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

But whatever rubbish Brad says, Andy is still in his slump , it's been long now and it's getting boring. We don't see Andy going deep in any tournament anymore.

Come back Andy!
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #1491
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately, you're right, blosson... but things has gotta turn around some times - it's gotta be... "form is temporary, class is permanent"

i wish i can get these matches - looks like a lot of interesting ones - the highlights in the daily highlights show definitely do no justice
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #1492
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoffeygirl
Is Monfils a really streaky player or what? I'm only following the SB, but he just seems to go away for a bit and then come back and play well and then go away again. He did that against Murray as well.
He is pretty streaky at the best of times I think he suffers from lapses in concentration on court anyway, maybe on a slow court, he suffers more so

Renee, the less said about that awful TMC match against Hewitt the better. That match not much short of disastarous!
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #1493
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sick of Brad Gilbert getting on Andy's back You got dumped, get over it , if things were working so perfectly back when the two of them were together then what was Andy's slump in 2004 all about, what was the honeymoon period over and that was reality setting in or what, i'm failing to grasp what exactly Brad thinks he could have done to improve Andy's game...if people were so scared of Andy's serve in 2003 wouldn't they have started to work out ways of getting that returned in 2004 and didn't they in fact, so where was Brad and his almighy brilliant work at this point , i seem to remember a highly publicised book coming out during the summer of 2004 and the match against Hewitt at the TMC , what tactics did u tell him to do then Brad gilbert hmm? roll over and die

The fact remains Brad can't stand the fact he was sacked coz he was a crap coach in the end, yeh he did well originally but he was not what was best for Andy long term...some things in his coaching style didn't bode well. The fact that he keeps bringing this stuff out just shows him in a bad light, here's something he can learn from Andy, keeping your mouth shut, your just making yourself look like an ass!!! :retard:

Andy's slump is not down to the fact that 'Almighty Brad' isn't there anymore, its purely down to 2 things, Andy's confidence isn't exactly at an all time high because results aren't going his why, reason...he's changing his game...TAKE NOTE BRAD GILBERT!!!!
Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #1494
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren
I'm so sick of Brad Gilbert getting on Andy's back
im not trying to turn this into an ex- coach thread or anything but,
whenever ive seen or heard brad talk about Andy its usually positive.
and he always pick's andy to win matches...he's stated it over and over only to be dead wrong with his straight set victory assumptions, yet I think he still really believe's in Andy...
I like that
. -that's all-
Old 06-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #1495
country flag Caren

Caren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond reputeCaren has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh and i have seen that but i just don't get that (talking about the artice) and a number of articles like it, it's like whenever a question comes up about Andy's abilities he seems to think he knew a lot more to teach Andy and i'm sorry but if in the whole 18 months he was with Andy in which he didn't teach him them things then when exactly was he planning too. It just seems to me, and this is only an opinion, that Brad's ego seems to have been bruised ever so slightly by being given the sack and while he is positive to a certain extent the negatives overshadow that. He's sometimes makes out as though Andy's work ethic wasn't there when Brad was in charge and while Andy has admitted himself he did next to nothing a few years, like a few others have said i don't think it was when Dean was hired that Andy suddenly realised he needed to work on his fitness and game a lot more than what he was.

Quote:
"He talks about being in better shape, but conditioning is only part of it. He's got to put in the hard work on the practice courts in November and December -- that's how you improve your shot. Just go to work."
This is what i'm talking about, Andy has been working on his shots, he's changing his game, he's in a transitional period, thats the reasoning behind his lacklustre season. He said at the AO, if i remember correctly that he worked really hard over the off season then Brad comes of with something like that is what i don't like, its like he's digging at Andy and whether its just me thinking or not i don't know, but i'm just a bit annoyed with it.
Caren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #1496
country flag partygirl

I get it.

Brad talks his ass off daily, thus :retard:

Last edited by partygirl : 06-01-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:33 AM   #1497
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, more pissing on Brad

Larah I dunno where Andy is....probably he'll head to london soon, he seems to love it there

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:38 AM   #1498
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just amazed and happy he is deciding to stay in Europe

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:46 AM   #1499
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I was..... but..... now I am not so much

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:48 AM   #1500
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm true...

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote