Edgardo Yayo Massa "You Won't be Forgotten" Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #46
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edgardo Yayo Massa Thread

Yayo needs to lose some beef, this is for sure.

Just qualify for the main draw and hope he can play some good tennis and get some decent results.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #47
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

The field became weaker in the past days so there is a chance for Yayo to play guitar at the press conference after the won challenger this year again

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:37 AM   #48
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Yayo needs to lose some beef, this is for sure.

Just qualify for the main draw and hope he can play some good tennis and get some decent results.
Nothing new there, Yayo is the true "gordo" of Argentine tennis.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #49
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas
Nothing new there, Yayo is the true "gordo" of Argentine tennis.
He seems to be even more of a gordo than before. I saw his match on Bucharest on the stream and he should have won that in 2 sets.

He was puffing hard after 2 sets, he must like the helado a bit too much.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #50
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
He seems to be even more of a gordo than before. I saw his match on Bucharest on the stream and he should have won that in 2 sets.

He was puffing hard after 2 sets, he must like the helado a bit too much.
Its been quite a long time since the last time I saw him play. So I don't know how fit he is.

Too bad he couldn't fulfill his potential, at least yet. It's strange how some players get to develop and jump to the other level and some others stop their development. Injuries have a lot to do sometimes.

I hope he has a long career.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #51
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas
Its been quite a long time since the last time I saw him play. So I don't know how fit he is.

Too bad he couldn't fulfill his potential, at least yet. It's strange how some players get to develop and jump to the other level and some others stop their development. Injuries have a lot to do sometimes.

I hope he has a long career.
Lets say he needs a lot of physical work. Seriously got to be in shape unless you are as talented as Nalbandian or Baghdatis, even then it's something they can control.

Well Yayo has had a lot of injuries and that has been his main problem. The thing is he was hitting the ball well and controlling the rallies, but he'd do something silly or lapse, then again that happens with a lack of match practice.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #52
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Yayo qualified for the main draw and now plays Christophe Rochus in Round 1.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #53
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Yayo Massa def the number 2 seed Christophe Rochus 4-6 6-2 6-1 and either he woke up and started to play some tennis or Rochus went for a walk in the mind thinking about other things.

He now plays Minar in the next round.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #54
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

It was Yayo who woke up. He started the match nervously, even felt like rushing the umpire to start it earlier. His erve wasn't a fair point at the beginning and Rochus was using all those clever shots (and his serve wasn't world's maestry either - around 170 km/h) Massa was confident at the net too, but overall it was Rochus better in the first set. Then Massa started playing more aggressively and his service started to cause some damage. Yayo at the press conference said he realized all the good things and the bad things of his game and he know what to do to fix it. He also watched the match Przysiężny - Minar to see the opponent. He says he wants to be the first person to win this tournament for the second time.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:21 PM   #55
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Thanks for the report and I was just wondering did Yayo speak in English or use a translator?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #56
country flag Nathaliia

He is confident in speaking English at least at the basic level, to express himself. However I asked if it was a charity event when he got so badly injured when playing with a kid and he didn't know what a "charity event" was so I assume it wasn't anything with charity after all .

Old 09-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #57
country flag Nathaliia

PS. Here are two photos I took yesterday. Tomorrow I'll have the camera again on courts:

http://nathaliia.myphotoalbum.com/vi...album08&page=2

Old 09-19-2006, 04:30 PM   #58
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I have heard him speak English before, it's just sometimes they use translators. I have to say I don't like the bald look too much.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #59
country flag Nathaliia

Nobody likes his bald looks including the hostesses (but they already stopped crying after Mantilla and now like the Italians the most). Only Coria used translators yesterday. I can have a normal chat wit him, he doesn't say anything like: "uuuuhhh yyyh??? ermmmmmmm"

Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #60
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Vamos Yayo and hope he can take out the nimrod Minar.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1