What would Roger say/think? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
country flag Rog1

Rog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would Roger say/think?

Hey everyone,

I'm going to Switzerland in June for 7 days. During my stay I intend on seeing Basel and Bern too. I can't help, but think what would Roger say if he knew I was visiting his fine country? I would love to spend a day in the Alps with him (sigh)..........

You know what would be just as cool..............I would love to meet up with some fellow Swiss Rogi fans in June. How about it Mrs B?

Thanks for reading.

Linda (Luton-UK)
Rog1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would Roger say/think?

Cool Linda !

Unfortunately I doubt you'll have the opportunity to spend a day with Roger, as he won't propably be in Switzerland in June. However you'll have a great time here, and the alps in Summer are really beautiful.

It would please me to meet a Roger fan from UK, so if you're looking for a guide, don't hesitate to contact me for a meeting

Cheers,
JM
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

JM's right, the Alps in late spring/early summer is lovely!

If you plan to come to Bern, we definitely should meet. RonE also liked it here.

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
country flag Rog1

Rog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond reputeRog1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to both of you. I'm very flattered that you both would like to meet up with me. Well, I will be flying from London Heathrow on June 10th into Geneva. Arriving at around 2.50pm. My booked appartment in Zermatt will be awaiting me. I do hope that it is possible to get a train to Basel and Bern from there?

Rest assured that I will keep you both in mind. Oh, I'm getting excited now.

Regards

Linda (Luton-UK)

I
Old 03-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Well Linda,

If you land in Geneva and want to visit Basel and Bern before going to Zermatt you'll have to jump on another train. There are direct trains from Geneva airport to Bern, and then you can catch one for Basel. Unfortunately, Zermatt is relatively far from Basel, you'll need min. 3-4 hours to go there by train.

You'll surely enjoy Zermatt, very cute typical alp village, with many typical chalets... And I wish you to have a wonderful sight at the 'Matterhorn' mountain from the window of your room, so romantic !

Keep us in mind

See you,
JM
Old 03-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #6
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

what?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
country flag tschaeggy

tschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond reputetschaeggy has a reputation beyond repute

Great Linda, if you would come to Basel i would love to meet you up here, will return from Ireland the 11.June, so if you visit Basel, contact me and i can show you nice places here
tschaeggy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:16 AM   #8
country flag Rog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPower
Well Linda,

If you land in Geneva and want to visit Basel and Bern before going to Zermatt you'll have to jump on another train. There are direct trains from Geneva airport to Bern, and then you can catch one for Basel. Unfortunately, Zermatt is relatively far from Basel, you'll need min. 3-4 hours to go there by train.

You'll surely enjoy Zermatt, very cute typical alp village, with many typical chalets... And I wish you to have a wonderful sight at the 'Matterhorn' mountain from the window of your room, so romantic !

Keep us in mind

See you,
JM
Thanks JMPower. I'll be sure to catch an early train from Zermatt to make it to Basel. I want to see Basel because of Roger. He grew up near there. Right?

I'm counting the days...I love the idea of Zermatt being romantic because I a romantic at heart.

So in other words I would have to go to Geneva from Zermatt to get trains to Bern and Basel? Is that right? How much would all that cost in CHF?

Sorry, I'll be asking so many questions

Linda (Luton-UK)
Old 03-30-2006, 08:18 AM   #9
country flag Rog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaeggy
Great Linda, if you would come to Basel i would love to meet you up here, will return from Ireland the 11.June, so if you visit Basel, contact me and i can show you nice places here

Sure you me and JMPower could all meet up. Remember to show me your Rogi pics.............(drool).......

BTW-I am Irish, so enjoy visiting my country.

Linda

Last edited by Rog1 : 03-30-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #10
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog1
So in other words I would have to go to Geneva from Zermatt to get trains to Bern and Basel? Is that right? How much would all that cost in CHF?
I think the most rationnal thing to do could be to go first from Geneva to Zermatt (and hey you can stop on the way in Lausanne where I am and there's nice places to see there).

Another day you could go early from Zermatt to Bern and Basel, and visit those cities in a whole day.

Train is rather expensive in Switzerland (as almost everything ). From Geneva to Zermatt it is about 85 CHF for a single course. Then a Zermatt - Basel ticket via Bern (return ticket) is about 232 CHF (1 euro = ~1.50 CHF).

Hope this can help you

JM
Old 03-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #11
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Swiss thing is very exspenive
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #12
Banned!

Yeah Suktuen, you got it, life is really expensive here, specially for foreigners... Fortunately the average swiss salary goes the same way.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:49 AM   #13
country flag Rog1

Quote:
I think the most rationnal thing to do could be to go first from Geneva to Zermatt (and hey you can stop on the way in Lausanne where I am and there's nice places to see there).

Another day you could go early from Zermatt to Bern and Basel, and visit those cities in a whole day.

Train is rather expensive in Switzerland (as almost everything ). From Geneva to Zermatt it is about 85 CHF for a single course. Then a Zermatt - Basel ticket via Bern (return ticket) is about 232 CHF (1 euro = ~1.50 CHF).

Hope this can help you

JM
Thanks JM. Okay, I'll try and make it to Lausanne. BTW-What's your real name? Do trains run services on Sundays too?

Linda (Luton-UK)
Old 03-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #14
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog1
Thanks JM. Okay, I'll try and make it to Lausanne. BTW-What's your real name? Do trains run services on Sundays too?

Linda (Luton-UK)
My name is Jean-Marc And yes the trains do run on Sundays too, just like a normal day...

Old 03-31-2006, 09:11 AM   #15
country flag Rog1

Quote:
My name is Jean-Marc And yes the trains do run on Sundays too, just like a normal day...

Well, Hi Jean-Marc. That's a beautiful name. .

Linda