Panchito and Ale mowing down the US in their own backyard !!! VAMOS CHILE !!!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-28-2006, 04:14 AM   #1
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Panchito and Ale mowing down the US in their own backyard !!! VAMOS CHILE !!!!!

CHILENOS !!!! CHILENOS !!!! CHILENOS DE CORAZON !!!!!

VAMOS !!!!!!!

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE !!!!!!!!!

*IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING*

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 03-29-2006 at 09:08 PM.
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #2
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forget about hardcourts,don't think about clay yet. It's time to beat USA on grass!!!

Here is something about DC (interview with Gonzo)

An interview with:

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Q. And for sure, do you plan to go to Fisher Island to practice after the tournament?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ: I mean, after the tournament, we need to practice on grass. I mean, I haven't talked with the captain yet, but that's one of the chances that we have, is to go to Fisher Island, and the other one is to go straight to California.

Q. What would be preferable for you?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ: We have to see. I mean, practice on grass, the grass is, I mean, almost the same everywhere.

But I need to talk to him first, and then we gonna see.

Q. You have no idea whether or not you have any difficulty getting a reservation to use Fisher Island?

FERNANDO GONZALEZ: I don't know. I have no idea. I mean, I haven't talked to him.

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 03-28-2006, 05:00 AM   #3
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forget about hardcourts,don't think about clay yet. It's time to beat USA on grass!!!

My brain is a little tired out tonight so no new ideas for a thread title from me! But I like your's anyway Gonzofan

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I like the title too!

VAMOS CHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting excited for the matches.

I really want our chicos to win!!!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, guys, both Alex Corretja and Roger Federer are wishing you luck and Alex thinks CHL has a chance vs. USA on grass cos he said if he can beat Sampras on grass in USA in DC, why not CHL?

SO....

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE!

Hey, will this tie be on TV in US? I guess so! Wish we got it...

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 03-28-2006 at 04:40 PM.
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #6
country flag GonzoFan

NicoFan posted this on Nico's forum.

Courier talking about DC
no comments ...

Courier says U.S. to have mental edge in Davis Cup
By John Delong
Journal Sports Columnist
Tuesday, March 28, 2006

CHARLOTTE - Jim Courier, former tennis great, is keeping busy at the ripe old age of 35. He's a business partner and player on the fledgling Outback Champions Series, a five-tournament senior-tennis circuit featuring John McEnroe, Boris Becker, Goran Ivanisevic, Michael Chang, Mats Wilander and other forehand blasts from the past.

He's a television analyst for various networks at various Grand Slam venues. He's active with his charitable foundation, Courier's Kids. He's on several advisory boards and is always on call as an all-around ambassador for the game.

Yesterday, he was also an odds-maker.

U.S. a favorite

The 2006 Davis Cup quarterfinals are less than two weeks away, and Courier - a coach on the U.S. team that beat India in a World Group Qualifier at Joel Coliseum in the fall of 2001 - has been sizing up the brackets.

He labels the United States as an overwhelming favorite to beat Chile on grass in Rancho Mirage, Calif. And he gives France a 40-percent chance of winning at Russia in the opposite quarterfinal tie.

Those are encouraging lines in regard to Winston-Salem's efforts to land the Davis Cup semifinals in September. The U.S. will serve as host if the U.S. and France win, and USTA officials have already tabbed Joel Coliseum as a possible site. If the U.S. loses, obviously, it won't be the host of anything in September. If the U.S. wins and Russia beats France, the U.S. would travel to Russia.

"I think the U.S. gets through that match," Courier said. "They'll be a heavy favorite in all five matches. The Chileans are dangerous, but in my mind, it will be the U.S. without a whole lot of problem."

A close matchup

Courier said that the France-Russia quarterfinal could hinge on the status of Russia's Marat Safin, still trying to regain his form after being sidelined with injuries.

"France and Russia, I give Russia a slight edge, maybe 3-2 for Russia. But it all depends on Safin. If he's healthy, he's favored against virtually anyone he plays with the exception of Federer. But I don't know how well he's playing. France is so tough in Davis Cup. For whatever reason, the French players tend to play their best tennis of the season during Davis Cup. They're just solid all-around, all-court players anymore. So it all depends on Safin."

Courier was at the Palisades Country Club for a news conference announcing the Championships at the Palisades, a Champions Series tournament scheduled for Sept. 20-24.

That, coincidentally, is the same week of the Davis Cup semifinals. The Davis Cup will run Friday through Sunday, while the Champions tournament will run Wednesday through Sunday.

A preference for grass

Courier said he understood completely why Andy Roddick and other U.S. players pushed so hard to play the quarterfinal against Chile on a grass surface. That's been the subject of discussion since the site was announced in late February. USTA officials confirmed that Winston-Salem made the best offer, but Rancho Mirage was chosen because the players demanded to play on grass instead of an indoor hardcourt surface.

Roddick won his only Grand Slam title on hardcourt in the U.S. Open. James Blake is far better on hardcourt than grass. The doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan isn't significantly better on grass. And Francisco Gonzalez, Chile's top player, reached the Wimbledon quarterfinals last year before losing to Roger Federer. Those aren't compelling reasons to demand grass.

But Courier believes that the U.S. will now have an extreme emotional edge.

This week's Nasdaq 100 in Miami is being played on hardcourts. After the Davis Cup, the Chileans will head to Europe for the clay-court season, but the Americans will either go to Houston or take some time off.

"It's probably a 20-percent difference from a playability standpoint," Courier said. "But it's probably a 50-percent difference mentally for the players. Not only the positive impact it has for the U.S. players, but the negative impact it has for the Chilean players.

"Think of it this way. The Chilean players really get amped up and excited about playing on clay courts. That's a big opportunity for them to move their ranking in the right direction. This is right before the clay-court season. So for them to have to go from hardcourts to strapping on their grasscourt shoes, in California, as far away from Europe as you can get. And then they're going to have to turn around and go nine time zones away to Europe. Whereas, the Americans aren't going to go to Europe in the aftermath of the Davis Cup, they're going to regroup in the States and play Houston and relax a bit.

"They're not as concerned about making their ranking in the clay-court season, and that's a big difference. That's probably a driving force for the players."

Fan-friendly tennis

So maybe it will all work out and the U.S. will benefit from playing on grass, and Winston-Salem will wind up getting its Davis Cup in September.

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt

Last edited by GonzoFan : 03-28-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #7
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos chicos!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #8
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Chile, the boys can do it, vamos

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #9
country flag GonzoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88

OK, guys, both Alex Corretja and Roger Federer are wishing you luck and Alex thinks CHL has a chance vs. USA on grass cos he said if he can beat Sampras on grass in USA in DC, why not CHL?

Don't forget about Coria

In an interview with Cooperativa he said that he will go to see the matches in Rancho Mirage (he'll be there in California getting ready for the clay season with his coach) because he likes Davis Cup and he will be supporting Chile and hopes will give the surprise just like Argentina did it last year in Australia.

He also said that everything is well with Massu and it's impossible to be angry at him because he is too nice and about Gonzo said that he would like to leave everything in the past but what he said really hurt him but he doesn't have problems with any of them.

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 03-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #10
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

For Davis Cup we really need to have just one forum!

I think that Guille and Fernando will work things out - I hope so at least. The South Americans have to stick together.

VAMOS FRANCISCO!
Old 03-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #11
country flag GonzoFan

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=13687

Quote:
Nominations for World Group Quarterfinal ties

Team nominations for the 2006 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group quarterfinals, taking place on 7-9 April, can be found below.

Live scoring for all World Group ties will be available on the Davis Cup website throughout the weekend, along with the usual array of reports, photos, and interviews. Davis Cup Radio, the official audio service of the competition, will be bringing you a daily round-up of all the action.

As action unfolds around the world, you will be able to access a radio-style update right here, rounding up all the Davis Cup news and results. There will be reaction from players as well as expert analysis from the Tennis Radio Network, who will be providing the daily show.

CROATIA v ARGENTINA
Venue: Zagreb, Croatia (carpet – indoors)

CROATIA
Ivan Ljubicic (playing captain)
Mario Ancic
Sasa Tuksar
Marin Cilic

ARGENTINA
David Nalbandian
Juan Ignacio Chela
Jose Acasuso
Agustin Calleri
Captain: Alberto Mancini

AUSTRALIA v BELARUS
Venue: Melbourne, Australia (hard (rebound ace) - outdoors)

AUSTRALIA
Lleyton Hewitt
Chris Guccione
Wayne Arthurs
Paul Hanley
Captain: John Fitzgerald

BELARUS
Max Mirnyi
Vladimir Voltchkov
Serguei Tarasevitch
Alexandr Zotov
Captain: Dmitry Tatur

FRANCE v RUSSIA
Venue: Pau, France (carpet (Taraflex) – indoors)

FRANCE
Richard Gasquet
Sebastien Grosjean
Arnaud Clement
Michael Llodra
Captain: Guy Forget

RUSSIA
Marat Safin
Nikolay Davydenko
Mikhail Youzhny
Dmitry Tursunov
Captain: Shamil Tarpischev

USA v CHILE
Venue: Rancho Mirage, CA, USA (grass – outdoors)

USA tbc
Andy Roddick
James Blake
Mike Bryan
Bob Bryan
Captain: Patrick McEnroe

CHILE
Fernando Gonzalez
Nicolas Massu
Paul Capdeville
Adrian Garcia
Captain: Hans Gildemeister

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 03-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
country flag GonzoFan

No surprises at all ...

Roddick and Blake and Francisco and Alejandro ... as expected

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 03-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
country flag enqvistfan

enqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond reputeenqvistfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forget about hardcourts,don't think about clay yet. It's time to beat USA on gras

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoFan
No surprises at all ...

Roddick and Blake and Francisco and Alejandro ... as expected
I like their second first names, Alejandro (Alexandre) is one of my favourite first name and I prefer Francisco than Fernando In French, Fernando is a very old name (name of our grand-fathers) lol

Fernando Gonzalez & Carlos Moya

Para siempre Gonzo

Still supporting you, vamos
enqvistfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:55 PM   #14
country flag GonzoFan

Default Re: Forget about hardcourts,don't think about clay yet. It's time to beat USA on gras

Quote:
Originally Posted by enqvistfan
I like their second first names, Alejandro (Alexandre) is one of my favourite first name and I prefer Francisco than Fernando In French, Fernando is a very old name (name of our grand-fathers) lol
I also like those names.

Now instead of calling Feña, Gonzo we should call him Pancho
(at least here in Chile we call almost all the Franciscos, Pancho )

Feña has so many different names in only one sentence I called him in three different ways

"Just give 100 percent.
Lleyton Hewitt
Old 03-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #15
country flag NicoFan

I think both guys have sexy full names! Fernando Francisco...Nicolas Alejandro...

But I don't like Pancho! At all.

What's strange about Fernando's nicknames is that when I go to tournaments, the people close to him (friends and family) only seem to call him Fer or Fernando. Never Fena, Gonzo, Nando, etc. Or Francisco or Pancho!