Marco Chiudinelli - Page 205 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-09-2010, 03:51 AM   #3061
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marco Chiudinelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
(Also thanks to All_is_on_USA for her pictures)
You're welcome
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #3062
country flag AphieL

AphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond reputeAphieL has a reputation beyond repute

hello, everyone! new fan on board!

Marco is playing at Open de Nice http://www.opennicecotedazur.com/index.html these days.
He won his first round match against Fognini yesterday 7-5 6-2 , and will face Monfils next.
He also teamed up with Yves Allegro for doubles, but they lost today against MARTIN DAMM / FILIP POLASEK 6-0 6-1 .
AphieL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #3063
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello AphieL!

Marco won his first round match at FO..
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #3064
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Good job persevering against Devvarman.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #3065
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

There was a report with some pictures in a newspaper of Halle last week. I thought to translate the article. Unfortunately my scanner doesn't work at the moment, so I can't post the original article in here.

Quote:
A walk through Halle

Tennisprofessional Marco Chiudinelli introduces his second home

By Stefan Arend

Gerry Weber Open 2004, Court #2: Marco Chiudinelli wins his first ever main tournament match at an ATP tournament. Yesterday the circle closed at the same place. The Swiss from the Halle Breakpointbase reached with a 6:3 2:6 6:3 victory against Olivier Rochus the second round.

There are 6 years between these both matches in which the righthander had to fought for his career – handicapped by bad injuries and long compulsory breaks. In 2009 the 28years old got rewarded. His move from place #603 in the rankings to #56 was declared the „Comeback of the year“ by the other players on the tour. „I don’t look back with bad thoughts. I see everything positive, as a victory. I’m very proud of it that I managed it.“

Marco Chiudinelli is practicing since 9 years in Halle. He shows the WESTFALEN-BLATT the places in his second home with which he connects special memories.

The station

Last year I counted that I was here 54 days. Since 9 years I arrive most of the time by train. I know the line Basel-Halle by heart. When I hear after 7 hours the announcement „Next station Künsebeck“ I’m nearly at the destination.
I was totally surprised how many sorts of ice-cream you get at the icecafé at the station. We don’t have that kind of Italian icecream in Switzerland. I only knew it before from Rome or Regensburg.

Second home

Halle feels a little bit like home. I’m familiar with the surrounding, I like the people, eat at Michele or in the tavern and just enjoy it to chat with people as Halles Coach Thomas Dappers. Fitnesscoach Marc Charles has become a good friend. When I visit him in Bielefeld we play at the computer or go to the cinema.

Life in the hotel

With tournaments I connect hotels. I wouldn’t be 100% prepared for a tournament if I would stay anywhere else. I have a little appartment here in Halle on the trainingsground, but on Monday I moved into the hotel. Above all I sleep in the hotel and relax before a match or during the practice sessions. Music is very important for this. I always have my own headphones with me. In Australia they got stolen and I immediately bought new ones. Very often I connect a certain CD with a tournament. In my suitcase I also have a laptop and a book, but I can’t use either one of it before a match. It would be quite dangerous to read a thrilling book and get distracted by the story. Here in Halle I have a crime thriller by Stieg Larsson with me.

The locker room

People surely conceive the locker room differently from how it actually is. Before the matches the players usually are in the players lounge. The locker room in Halle is very spartan furnished: Benches and a lounger, that’s all. You do some warm-up exercises here and then you get called for your match. You don’t actually talk with your opponent, but on the other side there’s really no bad blood or mind games. I personally like to be alone in the last half hour before a match.
At some tournaments the players spend more times at the locker room. I like the one in Melbourne. It’s narrow there, but Germans, Austrians and Swiss all sit together in one corner and there’s always a lot to talk about.

The way into the stadium

In Halle I only played two times in the stadium. I didn’t have special thoughts when I went in. The way into there is really short. You are going down a stairs and then it’s only 10 metres to the Centre Court. In this moment you get a little bit more nervous. At the big tournaments I for 99% only play on the main courts when my opponent is a star. He and not me gets acclaimed by the fans when we enter the court – probably only except in my home town Basel or maybe in Gstaad.

Court #2

In 2004 I played in Halle my first main tournament match in an ATP tournament. That was crazy. I lost in the qualy against Michel Krachtovil, but managed to reach the main draw as a lucky loser. I had to play against Krachtovil again and this time I won 6:2 6:2. The difference between these two matches was like day and night. You never forget something like this. Beside this I remember results very well. My friends call me „the Statistician.“

Popularity

When I go back home there are about 20 requests for autographs. When I play bad there are fewer ones. After the tournament in Basel, where I lost to Roger Federer in the SF, there have been more requests. I always send back autographs. When I for example get a self painted picture by a 6 years old child I also write some personal words.
I usually never get addressed on the street by people either here or in Switzerland.

In the shadow of Federer

In every interview of mine Roger Federer also gets mentioned. I’m glad that I’m as #61 of the ranking not the #1 in Switzerland. Then only a few people would be interested in tennis.
During our youth Roger and me still got compared. Meanwhile everyone knows that it is nearly impossible to be as good as him. It’s an advantage for me to be a friend of Roger. He is the one who knows the most about tennis. And it is really pleasant to ask the best player in the world for an advice.
Article from the printed WESTFALEN-BLATT, 9th June, 2010
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #3066
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article Doris, that's a nice read :-)

Btw. thanks for your message you wrote me after his first round win. I was kind of busy at work and forgot to reply at the time, I didn't remember until now I hope you had a nice time in Halle.

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #3067
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, great article
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #3068
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Marco in QF at Stuttgart. Good luck!!
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #3069
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

You are welcome for the article It's always nice to see Marco getting some attention in Halle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Thanks for the article Doris, that's a nice read :-)

Btw. thanks for your message you wrote me after his first round win. I was kind of busy at work and forgot to reply at the time, I didn't remember until now I hope you had a nice time in Halle.
Hi Yvo

Yes, the week in Halle was really great I wrote a little bit about it and posted it in the Halle thread in Roger's forum here.

Marco unfortunately lost in the 1st round of Hamburg 4:6 1:6 to Chardy
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #3070
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

New Marco fan here
Always liked him a lot, but since I followed him a little closer in Rosmalen this year (thanks to Yvo!!!) I really, really like this guy

Watched his first round match in Hamburg on monday, but unfortunately he didn´t have a chance against Chardy Yesterday he was still in Hamburg practicing, hope he will be today as well

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Machi Gonzalez ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #3071
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige View Post

New Marco fan here
Always liked him a lot, but since I followed him a little closer in Rosmalen this year (thanks to Yvo!!!) I really, really like this guy

Watched his first round match in Hamburg on monday, but unfortunately he didn´t have a chance against Chardy Yesterday he was still in Hamburg practicing, hope he will be today as well
Birte

Hope you can get to see him again today. Are his practices as much fun as the one we watched together? The one with Jarkko? Wish I could be there with you, hope we can soon have a chance again to watch Marco play together.

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #3072
country flag Keroh

Keroh is on a distinguished road

Chiudinelli n'a malheureusement rien pu faire contre David Nalbandian en 1/8 à Washington. l'argentin a balayé le balois en 44 minutes ... marco n'a donc pas pu venger wawrinka!

Chiudinelli couln't nothing do against D Nalbandian to Washington in 1/8. Nalbandian won 6-1 6-0 in 44 minutes!
Keroh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #3073
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty gutted about that scoreline, but he had two good wins in Washington. Nalbandian seems on the way back anyway.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robredo|Smycze k|J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #3074
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Marco didn´t come in to the Toronto draw...is he playing somewhere else this week???

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Machi Gonzalez ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:34 AM   #3075
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute

He lost in the first round of the qualies in Toronto unfortunately in three sets against Carlos Salamanca.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote