Marco Chiudinelli - Page 174 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #2596
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marco Chiudinelli

www.mytennis.ch/daviscup

Mit fünf Spielern in die USA!

Für die bevorstehende Davis-Cup-Begegnung zwischen der Schweiz und den USA hat Captain Severin Lüthi Stanislas Wawrinka (ATP 17), Stéphane Bohli (ATP 147), Michael Lammer (ATP 246), Marco Chiudinelli (ATP 443) und Doppelspezialist Yves Allegro (ATP Doppel 84) nominiert.

Teamleader ist nach Roger Federers Absage der Waadtländer Stanislas Wawrinka, der im letzten Jahr alle fünf gespielten Einzel im Teamwettbewerb für sich entscheiden konnte. Auch Stéphane Bohli trug 2008 massgeblich dazu bei, dass sich die Schweiz für den Aufstieg in die Weltgruppe qualifizieren konnte, genau wie Yves Allegro, der seit Jahren ein fester Bestandteil des Teams bildet. „Und mit Michael Lammer und Marco Chiudinelli, die sich gestern beide für das Hauptturnier in Dubai qualifiziert haben, verfügen wir auch auf den weiteren Positionen über eine gute Auswahl“, erklärte Lüthi.

Das Schweizer Team trifft in der Erstrundenbegegnung vom 6.-8. März 2009 in der Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex Arena in Birmingham, Alabama, auf den 32fachen Rekordsieger USA. Es ist davon auszugehen, dass das US-Team mit Andy Roddick (ATP 6), James Blake (ATP 13) und den Führenden in der Doppelweltrangliste, den Zwillingen Bob und Mike Bryan, in Bestbesetzung antreten wird.

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #2597
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Marco beat Karlovic

Great job And the selection for DC is only logical.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #2598
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Chiudinelli rides on Dubai luck

By Alaric Gomes, Senior Reporter
Published: February 23, 2009, 23:47 gulf-news.com

Dubai: Dubai is a lucky destination for Switzerland's Marco Chiudinelli for more reasons than one. And Monday, he was reaping the fruits of his labour and a third comeback attempt riding on the success he had at the Dubai Duty Free-sponsored Aviation Cup at the end of last year.

On Monday, Chiudinelli - one of four players who came through the qualifying rounds this year - won in three sets knocking out seventh seed Ivo Karlovic on Court 1 with the hope he can continue his winning streak in Dubai, only because this place is so very special to him.

In fact, his entry into the qualifiers came only because he won a wild card as the winner of the Aviation Cup held last November.

"To start with, I always play well here. When I started in November I did not have a ranking, and now I am suddenly beating some of the top players on Tour," Chiudinelli beamed.

The best ranking that 26-year-old Swiss came was at 130 on the ATP Tour, but that was in February 2007. He was making a second comeback on the Tour after a shoulder injury had dragged him from 140 downwards.

Then after a few months, he re-launched his career and played some of his best tennis between 2006 and February 2007 when a knee injury took him out.

"It has been so much of a fluctuating career for me. There has been no further pain in the shoulder or knee and that is the best news I can have," Chiudinelli stated.

"The second comeback was the most successful, but I hope this one is still better," he shrugged.

Chiudinelli feels he still has a lot to prove in his third time out.

"Everything has been going great for me since I started here in November. I'm beating a lot of top players and this (Ivo Karlovic) is one more," Chiudinelli stated.

"But he is the best I have beaten so far," he mused.

Chiudinelli's next opponent will be the winner of the match between former Dubai winner Fabrice Santoro and Romanian Victor Hanescu.

"Both of them are good players, and playing either of them would be a challenge as that would give me a chance to go one step further," Chiudinelli said.

"And now that I've started well, I hope I can achieve my goal of getting into the top-100," he added.

Hopp Suisse!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #2599
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Swiss bliss as Chiudinelli conquers giant Karlovic

Ahmed Rizvi

Marco Chiudinelli of Switzerland did not fear Ivo Karlovic of Croatia and went on the beat the big player in three sets. Jumana El Heloueh / Reuters

DUBAI // Ivo Karlovic, the 6ft 10ins ‘Giant from Salata’, has terrorised some of the best players in the world of professional tennis with his imposing presence and venomous aces.

But he held no fear for a little-known Swiss, answering to the name of Marco Chiudinelli – a lowly world No 443 – who is trying to get his tennis career back on track after two debilitating injuries.

The qualifier turned a giant-killer on Court One yesterday, causing the first on-court casualty of the star-shorn $2million (Dh7.35m) Dubai Men’s Open by knocking out the seventh seed Karlovic 7-6, 4-6, 7-6.

“It is fantastic,” said Chiudinelli, 27, who kick-started his career all over again at the Aviation Cup here in November. “A dream come true is maybe too much; you have to go further than this to make your dream come true, but it definitely is very nice.

“I am just happy to win against Karlovic. I think it is very difficult against him. I did not make a single break, but I played well, held and took my chances in the tie-breaker.

“When I played here in November, I had no ranking yet because I was just starting after an injury. Things have gone well since then. I have beaten a lot of good players this year and this is one more.

“He [Karlovic] is the best player I have beaten so far. For me – starting from zero – many players are good players. In the qualifiers I won two tough matches.”

Chiudinelli turned pro in 2000, but his tennis career has been blighted with injuries. They have come at the wrong time – just when the Basel native was about to break into the top 100.

“I was very close [to breaking into the top 100] in 2005, but then I had to take a nine-month break because of a shoulder injury.

“So I started from zero again and I went back to almost [into the top] 200, but then I had the injury two years later. This is my third try, so let’s just do this first and then dream.”

Chiudinelli will face either the French veteran Fabrice Santoro or Victor Hanescu in the second round, and he could be making a call to his more well-known countryman Roger Federer for some advice.

“I am not staying at Roger’s house,” Chiudinelli said. “But I have been over to his place and we had dinner together. It is good to have him around.

“Roger is not coming here, but we are in contact all the time. He is happy that we are doing well.”

Chiudinelli fancies his chances of reaching the quarter-finals and said: “I will just take it easy in the next game. I have nothing to lose anyway. I hope we can play on the big court. That would be nice.

“We will we see if I can win another one. You never know. Everything is possible. I am definitely the outsider, but if you play well, you always have your chances.”

Hopp Suisse!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #2600
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

COURT 3 start 12:00 noon
J Tipsarevic / V Troicki vs J Coetzee / W Moodie

Not Before 4:30 PM
F Santoro (FRA) vs [Q] M Chiudinelli (SUI)
[6] I Andreev (RUS) vs D Tursunov (RUS)

Think I will have to miss the match. Hopefully I have a chance to check scores though. good luck Marco

Hopp Suisse!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #2601
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hopp Marco Hope Santoro isn't too tricky for him

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 02-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #2602
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

from the player's party

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #2603
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Thanks Rita

He lost his match 6-3, 1-6, 6-7

Hopp Suisse!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #2604
country flag Nando_L

Nando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond repute

Marco

Kuerten - Edberg - Sampras - Rosset
Nando_L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #2605
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

good tournament anyways, which will do lots of good to his ranking (i think/hope) so i'm happy

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #2606
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

close one

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 AM   #2607
country flag Stevens Point

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute

indeed a close one..

But, I guess his current form is not bad at all. these results against players such as Karlovic and Santoro.. (no more injuries, please!)

Hopp Chiudi!

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Stevens Point is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #2608
MONSOON season.

Good score, that's true He did serve for the match though Was up 5-3 in the final set.

Anyways, his ranking will indeed get a boost

Old 02-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #2609
country flag Stevens Point

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Stevens Point is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #2610
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsaud...rticleid=15635

Interview with Marco Chiudinelli

Marco Chiudinelli chats to Daviscup.com about Switzerland's upcoming 1st round tie against USA in Birmingham, Alabama
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote