Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #46

Default Re: Please Merge The Equal Prizemoney Threads and A Nadal/Federer Argument Forum

I don't understand what are the problems? Federer is Ranked #1 and Nadal is Ranked #2 now. And yes Nadal can beat Federer, but that doesn't change the Ranking. And equal prize money, if the play isn't equal why should the money be equal? I don't see what the big deal is on either of those topics.
View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #47
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Merge The Equal Prizemoney Threads and A Nadal/Federer Argument Forum

The big deal is that those two topics are taking over GM, people are creating new threads for every new article published about the topics that say the exact same thing and it's taking over the board. So let's merge the equal money topics all into one thread and give the Fedtards and Rafatards a place to argue about who's better. Because it's getting really annoying and obnoxious in GM.

You think vcash and vbetting is a big deal and post about it all the time, we think that the inability to have a sensible tennis discussion in a tennis forum is a big deal.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ¡|:!
The big deal is that those two topics are taking over GM, people are creating new threads for every new article published about the topics that say the exact same thing and it's taking over the board. So let's merge the equal money topics all into one thread and give the Fedtards and Rafatards a place to argue about who's better. Because it's getting really annoying and obnoxious in GM.

You think vcash and vbetting is a big deal and post about it all the time, we think that the inability to have a sensible tennis discussion in a tennis forum is a big deal.
What I meant by a "big deal" is I don't know why so many people are posting on those topics? The post I did showed that IMO I don't think there is anything to debate on the two topics mentioned. And even if a place is established for those topics what will keep all the posters posting in that place? GM would have to be watched constantly and every time someone tried to add a thread on those topics it would have to be closed/deleted whatever

Last edited by 16681 : 04-26-2006 at 08:04 PM.
View My Blog!  
Old 04-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #49
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

well i have no clue why people are content to discuss the topics ad nauseum, but I don't thikn the rest of us should have to put up with it if they just don't read what threads currently exist or have the sense to combine topics. it doesn't take "constant watching" to maintain some sort of order there, and in fact there were some fed/nadal threads that were combined today so that was good to see, and obviously it can be done. there are 2 admins and 2 supermoderators, I think that's plenty to watch over MTF to combine unnecessary threads that are all about the same topic. I think it's an important thing at mtf right now b/c GM is reaching intolerable propotions. So GWH started this thread to discuss those issues and that's what we're doing.

The goal of MTF is to have tennis discussion, and that's getting difficult to do there at the moment.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-27-2006, 12:29 AM   #50

Well you can be sure I'm not going to be talking about either of those topics anywhere. However, I must say I don't agree that 2 Admins and 2 Super Moderators are enough for this Forum. And I'm not saying that the 2 Admins. and 2 Super Moderators aren't doing a very good job because they doing an excellent job. However, I just looked at the membership count before I started to post this and we now have 19,999 members. I know that isn't anywhere near what the WTA has and I'm not suggesting that we need anywhere near the number of people that is needed to manage the WTA, but I do feel the MTF staff could grow a little since the membership is growing. You could probably keep a moderator busy just dealing with GM. Talk about a position I wouldn't want to have GM could drive someone
View My Blog!  
Old 04-27-2006, 04:05 AM   #51
country flag am&a

am&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i love debra ¡|:!.
am&a is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-27-2006, 04:06 AM   #52
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am&a
i love debra ¡|:!.
i love am&a even more than I love tinfoil.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:09 AM   #53
country flag am&a

am&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond reputeam&a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i love am&a even more than I love tinfoil.
am&a is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-27-2006, 04:13 AM   #54
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am&a
*faints*

Old 04-29-2006, 10:14 AM   #55
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The goal of MTF is to have tennis discussion, and that's getting difficult to do there at the moment.
Thanks for getting it.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Thanks for getting it.
But the posters that are posting on those subjects think they are discussing tennis. You may not like their discussions and you may wish that they would do them elsewhere. And I think both those topics are "no-brainers"
that don't need to be discussed anywhere. However, not
every poster on the MTF agrees with you, Deb, and I. So we will have to leave it up to the Admin. people on how this is handled I'm sure they will do a good job on working this out
View My Blog!  
Old 04-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #57
country flag Deboogle!.

Don't get me wrong, I think both topics are important and are anything but "no-brainers" - I just think it'd be nice to have them confined to one thread for each so that it doesn't pollute the rest of the board.

Old 05-01-2006, 06:12 AM   #58
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

There are fan forums for a reason and at the same time it is a lot easier to read if these are confined with a small section and does every singe Nadal article require a new thread on GM? They are not the only things going and as deb said it has to the point where it is polluting the board.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-14-2006, 06:48 PM   #59
country flag athina7

athina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond reputeathina7 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you guys. I think a Nadal-Federer subforum or something is a great idea. Half the threads on the first page of GM are about Fed and Nadal at the moment.
athina7 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #60
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by athina7
I agree with you guys. I think a Nadal-Federer subforum or something is a great idea. Half the threads on the first page of GM are about Fed and Nadal at the moment.
Yes, I'm again and again amazed about the variety of threads people can invent after a Federer vs Nadal match

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread