Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 AM   #196
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal & Federer Argument Forum or Sticky Thread

Oh, I agree. Some won't respect those rules anyway but in those roasting/peeling/haha thread days, you could at least have a reasonable looking match thread. You always had the haters, the gloaters but the biggest :nonsense: was for those threads and most did respect that.

Maybe it's too late to go back, though. That "one thread to bash" system worked back then and now that so many are used to just spreading it to just about every thread, they won't go back to the old system.

Take the Djokovic def. Ferrer thread. It got snowed under with the same tedious Fedtards vs Rafatards arguments. I reported it, nothing happened.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #197
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I did take a look through that thread and while there is a bit of off-topic sniping, by the time I got to it that had died down and the thread was back on the subject of the match.

It's something I will try and keep a better eye on, though.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #198
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing the jungle out there, it can't be an easy task so good luck with it.

Edit: yet another couple of threads taken over by the Fedtards vs Rafatards war. Have the moderators given up on GM or what?

Last edited by Castafiore : 10-13-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #199
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

The problem there is only so much scoobs can do for example. I mean Piggy Roast, Djoko and the Fed threads actually worked for the most part, until a bunch of Serbian Djokovic crybabies didn't get the point of them.

RonE with the pork obsession and soon as Fed lost, then it was concentrated within that thread and not spread out so much to the other threads. I can see why those threads were closed, but it created another problem like the one we have now.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #200
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow I don't think that the roasting threads would work now. Do you seriously expect with some of the people currently posting on GM they would only concentrate on that thread and not opening other threads to write their stuff there?

You can't compare the forum of 2 or 3 years ago with the situation it is now. The humour is completely gone and people only attack each other.
Back in the day "Fedtards" and "Rafatards" seemed to get along most of the time - with some exceptions but I think it's normal on such a huge forum as MTF.

Sometimes I wonder why people feel the need to respond to obviously trolling or rude posts instead of ignoring or reporting them. Make sure that someone who is known for only starting problematic threads won't have the opportunity to do so. I remember back a few years ago that users (Just Cause?) weren't allowed at a certain point to start threads because it was expected where they would go to.
Eden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #201
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Closing the roasting threads was the stupidest thing that could be done. Whoever was in charge of this should immediately resign as a mod if still there. Had they been open, members could have been instructed to keep it moderate everywhere else. And the best thing: By not clicking them, your soft-hearted soul could easily avoid the whole bashing. Now it all turned into a huge mess. And as Doris said, there's no way you can re-open them now and, all of a sudden, tell the army of trolls to go there. Not gonna work.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-19-2010, 02:06 AM   #202
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Doris is right, they wouldn't work now at all.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-29-2010, 08:35 PM   #203
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, please. Anything that would keep tard wars somewhat contained.
oranges is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #204
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

This is getting worse.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #205
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should ban all threads in GM other than match threads that have Nadal, Federer or GOAT in the title and also 2003 shouldn't be able to create more than 5 threads a month
Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 AM   #206
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all should worship Roger
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #207
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Please yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-30-2010, 02:22 AM   #208
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, there should be a separate subforum for this

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #209
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
Yep, there should be a separate subforum for this
Needs to happen.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #210
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

who will be telling us what needs to happen for the ash to clear?
Getta is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread