***The "Defend your title under the Miami Heat" thread*** - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #151
country flag Sophie1030

Sophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSophie1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***The "Defend your title under the Miami Heat" thread***

Well done! Roger! Come on!
Sophie1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #152
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
Finally... Rogi d Clement 62 67(4) 60... just took a little longer than expected [maybe about an hour longer?]

Now calm down, and regroup for Haas, cos he's going to be a LOT tougher. Better think of a strategy to get rid of him in straights.

Why is Rogi always so out-of-sorts in Miami???
Um, he was out of sorts against Rochus in IW too but came through. At this point I don't care how he wins as long as he finds a way to do it. In IW he got progressively better as the tournament went on and played great tennis against Gasquet, Ljubicic and Blake. His form one day isn't necessarily indicitive of what his form will be the next. I'm sure he wasn't happy with his stats today but I'm sure he's relieved to be through (especially considering the likes of Rafa, Marat and Lleyton all went down) and have another chance.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #153
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rogi is always out of sorts everywhere, he can always step it up when he needs to as we saw in the third set.

I don't think this match is too bad, he cruised to the first set. Cruised to a TB and then was cruising to victory in it when suddenly Clement started playing great and Rogi suddenly found himslef in a third. He regrouped and cruised again.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:53 PM   #154
country flag peripheral

peripheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond reputeperipheral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland
The ESPN crew cracks me up the way they keep making excuses for Roger. At one point they even brought up the sun and shadows on the court. And then Mary Carillo's defense of Roger when he was bitching about the challenge (that never happened). It's obvious he's in a pissy mood because he shouldn't be in a third set. I wish they would tell it like it is. It's not like it's unusual for Roger to struggle early on in a tournament.
I think he had the right to be pissy about that challenge-that-never-was. Clement was too indecisive to actually make the challenge, then kept whinging on about it after both of them had walked to their chair. Either you make the challenge or you move on, otherwise it's just annoying.

Marat Safin

Gasquet-Bagdhatis-Ancic
peripheral is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 PM   #155
country flag Stevens Point

Stevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond reputeStevens Point has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xristos
How many more hours until we see the new look rogi??
the new look??

good luck RF!!

my latest blog entry: a woman in a male locker room.. hello?? , Updated: January 6th 2009
Stevens Point is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 PM   #156
country flag makro120

makro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Federer likes bagels and he does it against great players! Here is the list of some players Federer has bagelled in his career:

This year:Kiefer, Haas, Blake, Clement, Baghdatis, Mayer

Some other great players:
Roddick, Hewitt (5 times on all surfaces, 3 different grand slams), Gaudio, Kuerten (on clay), Agassi, Coria, Nalbandian.

I guess when Federer is on no one can stop him. I would love to add Nadal to that list, we'll see about that.
Nadal winner: RG 07 Monfils winner: USopen 10
Guga winner: RG 2010
Roddick and Hewitt together winner of: 3 sidney, 4 Adelaide, 3 washington, 3 san jose, 3 indianapolis, 2 houston, 2 memphis, 5 queens and one master series title (where Safin, Agassi, Federer and Nadal happens to all be injured).
makro120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #157
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs
Rogi is always out of sorts everywhere, he can always step it up when he needs to as we saw in the third set.

I don't think this match is too bad, he cruised to the first set. Cruised to a TB and then was cruising to victory in it when suddenly Clement started playing great and Rogi suddenly found himslef in a third. He regrouped and cruised again.
Well he was only broken once, so in that sense it wasn't a bad match. But he had a lot more UE's than Clement. Now maybe he doesn't care because he won the match anyway. I expect a different match against Haas, but doesn't mean he'll win. It just sucks he has to play such a high quality player in his second match of the tournament.

Old 03-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #158
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makro120
Wow, Federer likes bagels and he does it against great players! Here is the list of some players Federer has bagelled in his career:

This year:Kiefer, Haas, Blake, Clement, Baghdatis, Mayer

Some other great players:
Roddick, Hewitt (5 times on all surfaces, 3 different grand slams), Gaudio, Kuerten (on clay), Agassi, Coria, Nalbandian.

I guess when Federer is on no one can stop him. I would love to add Nadal to that list, we'll see about that.
Has Roger given out more bagles this year than anyone else?

Old 03-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #159
country flag makro120

makro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland
Has Roger given out more bagles this year than anyone else?
so far think so, Federer better watch out during clay season when Nadal wants a bagel at every oppurtnity he gets.

In 2004 he was the master in delivering the bagels, but in 2005 he got tired of bagels and had mercy for his opponents. That was until the tennis master cup when he started liking bagels again, specialy in the match against Gaudio he couldnt resist 2 tasteful bagels served in no time.
Nadal winner: RG 07 Monfils winner: USopen 10
Guga winner: RG 2010
Roddick and Hewitt together winner of: 3 sidney, 4 Adelaide, 3 washington, 3 san jose, 3 indianapolis, 2 houston, 2 memphis, 5 queens and one master series title (where Safin, Agassi, Federer and Nadal happens to all be injured).
makro120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #160
country flag Rogiman

Rogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond repute

6th bagel of the season!

I wouldn't panic about the statistics line, those courts (under those conditions) practically play like dirt, and a negative winners/ue's ratio is to be expected.
Rogiman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #161
country flag MissMoJo

MissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond repute

@ Rogi asking Pmac after his matches at IW if his match was shown on t.v that day and looking confused if the answer was no, according to cliffy. Nice to know that Rogi echoes our frustrations
Old 03-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #162
country flag Rogiman

Rogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Relatively speaking, you mean

I'm almost sure he's got the best record in Miami (W+F) amongst active players right now in the tourney.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:42 PM   #163
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Federer's only problem today was that he was totally overconfident in that 2nd set and didn't do anything with the ball at all and expected Clement to make mistakes. Clement harldy made any mistakes and was able to completely control his serve games with the help of some errors by Fed.

On another note, Miami to my eyes is playing at least as fast if not faster than IW last week. This may change when more humid and "thick" conditions prevail, but right now, the court itself is not slower than IW. More aces have been hit and just as many winners in the early rounds.
NYCtennisfan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #164
country flag Rogiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan
On another note, Miami to my eyes is playing at least as fast if not faster than IW last week. This may change when more humid and "thick" conditions prevail, but right now, the court itself is not slower than IW. More aces have been hit and just as many winners in the early rounds.
Alright then!
I assumed it played slow simply because the match lasted 2 hours, and included a 6:2 set and a bagel set, normally those take shorter, but I take your word for that
Old 03-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #165
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

^Rogiman, it's really weird to see how slow the IW court has gotten because it wasn't always like that. It was like slothball this year, especially the first few days when the weather was not hot or dry.

Frankly, it's kind of dissapointing to basically see only about 6 or 7 tournaments with relatively fast courts all year.
NYCtennisfan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote