Worries about Andre!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
country flag steffis

steffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Worries about Andre!!!

I`m really afraid of Andre retiring soon!
I thought a lot about him in the last few weeks and I`m not able to believe that Andre`s back will be ok till Queens. I think his back has been that much injured over the last couple years that he couldn`t be ok after three months of recovery. His back just needs surgery! How can a bulged disk and a moved vertebrae recover without surgery?
Ok, Andre has very professional doctors, I suppose, but cortisone shots and the training of his back won`t solve the real problem.

I don`t write these things to you because I`m a negative person. I rather write it because I really care about Andre. And now, after this `Agassi update` from Tennis Inside, I`m not in a position to be less worried. I`m rather much more worried because I had hoped that Andre will play definitely in Queens. Otherwise, he will never be 100% sure if his back doesn`t bother him in one of his matches. Everything can happen any time!

Hopefully, some of you can understand and maybe share my worries
steffis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
country flag llama

llama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond reputellama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worries about Andre!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffis
I`m really afraid of Andre retiring soon!
I thought a lot about him in the last few weeks and I`m not able to believe that Andre`s back will be ok till Queens. I think his back has been that much injured over the last couple years that he couldn`t be ok after three months of recovery. His back just needs surgery! How can a bulged disk and a moved vertebrae recover without surgery?
Ok, Andre has very professional doctors, I suppose, but cortisone shots and the training of his back won`t solve the real problem.

I don`t write these things to you because I`m a negative person. I rather write it because I really care about Andre. And now, after this `Agassi update` from Tennis Inside, I`m not in a position to be less worried. I`m rather much more worried because I had hoped that Andre will play definitely in Queens. Otherwise, he will never be 100% sure if his back doesn`t bother him in one of his matches. Everything can happen any time!

Hopefully, some of you can understand and maybe share my worries
Well - the thing is - worrying won't change anything, unfortunately. Time will tell, I guess. A few years ago when all the retirement talk started, I felt the same way as you - that I just didn't want to face that - I mean, tennis will be SO DULL without Andre. But over these past few months, I guess I've sort of accepted that he won't be playing for much longer. Of course I hope he proves me wrong (he's proved so many people wrong, so many times), but I try to look at it as accepting what's best for him and appreciating all the fabulous (albeit nailbiting) matches he's given us. (Thank heaven for my stash of recorded matches!). (I guess a prayer or two wouldn't hurt. )
llama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
country flag mandy20

mandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond reputemandy20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well all goods things come to a end but this is not how i what andre to end with a injury. In 2004 and 2005 I thought he was finished with injury but came back but I dont think he will this time. He will try his back out at Queens and we can only keep our fingers cross that it hold up so that he can play wimbledon one more time like he wants to and hopfully have a good tournement. But I dont want him to do more damage to his back and pay later in life for it. I want him to have a happy life after tennis with his family
mandy20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
country flag Vanmat

Vanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond reputeVanmat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all my sentiments as well, but the press are so good in writing Andre off and unless I see an article from Andre himself will I believe anything. The injuries he has sustained and had over the years are not easy to overcome overnight. He has also risked his body for the game and maybe with the rest he has had of late will probably give it one more shot I hope and pray since the game of tennis is just not the same when he is not playing. I tried to watch a match or 2 from the Hamburg TMS and just sat starring at the tv with zero interest. Lets hope he recovers and we get to see our hero again.

Last edited by Vanmat : 05-20-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Vanmat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #5
country flag steffis

steffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond reputesteffis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your answers. I feel a little bit better now!
steffis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
country flag suus21

suus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond reputesuus21 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Andre will be fine!
suus21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
country flag cedez

cedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond reputecedez has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are right!
cedez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote