The "ok, get some cheetos, drill some forehands, and don't upset Jen" Miami Thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #151
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "ok, get some cheetos, drill some forehands, and don't upset Jen" Miami Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by am&a
WHY ARE YOU STILL AWAKE??? |: |: |:
HAHAH I knew that was coming. I went to bed right after

Anyway couple more blurbs...... from the Miami paper tihs time
================
Roddick eager to rebound from funk
BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN
mkaufman@MiamiHerald.com

A few dozen diehard fans -- and the newly installed instant-replay screens -- stared down onto center court on a sunny Monday afternoon as Andy Roddick, determined to get out of a funk, whacked balls with his hitting partner in preparation for this week's NASDAQ-100 Open in Key Biscayne.

Roddick, drenched in sweat, politely declined to be interviewed afterward, saying only that he was ''eager'' to get back on the court after losing in the fourth round in Indian Wells, Calif., last week.
---------------------
Kings of the court Andy Roddick and James Blake are hosting the 2006 NASDAQ 100 Open Players Bash at the Delano on Wednesday. Among the other players expected to show up: Venus Williams, André Agassi, Maria Sharapova, Kim Clijsters and Rafael Nadal.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #152
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "ok, get some cheetos, drill some forehands, and don't upset Jen" Miami Thread

Lacoste Meet and Greet
March 21st, 2006 08:32 am
By Andyroddick.com Staff

Andy arrived for his evening meet and greet in style. Andy spent an hour and a half, signing special blue Lacoste hats, posing for photos and having brief chats with everyone who showed up and purchased a Lacoste item. Many fans turned out for the event, including some dedicated souls, who had been waiting outside the store since 11.00am!

Making bets with sister-in-law, Ginger and accommodating everybody, there were some firsts for Andy tonight! One of these was signing an animal! A little dog, Chloe, wearing a tennis skirt was presented to Andy for signing, which he obliged before joking, “Oh, she bit me!”

Fans of all ages turned up to see Andy. One lady requested a photo of Andy with her baby. Initially worried he may drop the baby, who looked adoringly up at him; Andy secured his grip, and posed for the photo.

There were some of Andy’s younger and somewhat shier fans there who had to be coerced up to meet their idol, with Andy promising he wouldn’t bite , and then contemplating what would be the young boy’s reaction if he made a scary face instead!

Before leaving, Andy took out the remainder of baseball caps, signing all of them to ensure every fan got an autographed memento. At around half past seven, Andy signed his last cap, and made an exit for his 8.00pm dinner reservation at the famous Nobu restaurant. Clearly a favourite among the tennis stars, as Maria Sharapova and Roger Federer also dined there.

Next up for Andy is a Parlux photo shoot Tuesday morning. Stay tuned to AR.com for all the latest!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 03-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #153
country flag Deboogle!.

Default Re: The "ok, get some cheetos, drill some forehands, and don't upset Jen" Miami Thread

whoa, AR.com is full of the updates today does Andy "feel good," Doug?

pics from the lacoste thing last night: http://www.andyroddick.com/photosvid...ning-in-miami/
-----------------------
An Update From Doug Spreen, Andy's Personal Trainer:

"After a tough loss in Indian Wells we did spend a few days in Austin. More than anything we were just spending the days practicing and making sure Andy is ready to go in Miami.

The most important thing for me to make sure that Andy is feeling good and we used those few days to make sure his body feels good. We wanted him feeling good and ready to go when we got to Miami this week. Also those few days are a good mental break for Andy to be home and enjoy Austin for a few days. We did a few days of hard work and are ready to go at the Nasdaq."

Old 03-21-2006, 05:47 PM   #154
country flag acoffeygirl

acoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure, but I think that Doug is concerned that Andy feel good!

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #155
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "ok, get some cheetos, drill some forehands, and don't upset Jen" Miami Threa

wow so much info from ar.com in one day! wonders never cease.

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #156
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

With Doug making sure Andy feels good why would he need Mardy?

Anyhow, I can not believe AR.com posted an out of focus picture like this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outfocus.jpg (108.2 KB, 52 views)
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:03 PM   #157
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, could his draw be ANY worse?

I guess this is why I wasn't meant to go to Miami this year...
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #158
country flag Deboogle!.

Yeah, it could've been worse, he could've gotten marat in the 2nd round

Old 03-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #159
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess...

But still. I hope Bye doesn't defeat Andy.

With the way he's been playing, Pavel could beat him. Damn, even Vinnay could.

Ok, anyone could. period.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:50 PM   #160
country flag Deboogle!.

wow, just... wow i think i'm speechless.
======================
Nasdaq-100: Two, Four, Six, Ate?
March 21st, 2006 05:42 pm
By Andyroddick.com Staff

The Nasdaq-100 in Miami, Florida will be the host of many Andy-factors this year. The 2004 Champ received a “bye” so he will play the winner of the Pavel/Martin match in Round Two. With his current ATP ranking being four, just twenty five points behind David Nalbandian, Andy is about to embark on tournament number six of the year. He and fellow Davis Cup teammate James Blake, who just broke into the Top Ten, will host the annual Nasdaq-100 dinner the evening before play beings. However, there is more history and success behind this tournament than just impressive numbers.

This year is going to make history since the this tournament is going to be host the debut of the Instant Replay on Stadium Court on March 22nd’s 11am match. The stadium is equipped with two video boards hung in the stadium for the players, all 13,300 fans, and umpires to see when a call is challenged. Andy is one of the players who are strongly supportive of this latest step to improve the fairness of the game.

“On top of just getting the calls right time after time, which will be nice, it’ll add another aspect for TV viewers. If a player has two challenges per set, it will add drama and excitement. This will add to tennis and take out a lot of human error,” Andy said upon the official announcement of Instant Replay becoming a part of the game.

This tournament will not only be very popular because of this new technological addition to the game, but especially because of the great players it brings to Miami. “Andy is a great champion and one of the NASDAQ-100 Open’s most popular players because of his South Florida roots and always draws big crowds every match he plays,” noted Tournament Director Adam Barrett. Big turn-outs mean huge support which also means huge rewards for both the fans and the players.

There is nearly $7 million to be given out in prize money between the ATP, WTA, and Doubles. Over the next twelve days of play, the United States will be airing over 50 hours of the Nasdaq, starting with 12 hours of Super Saturday on the Tennis Channel, 33 hours during the week of both live and taped matches on ESPN and ESPN2, and the Men’s and Women’s Finals live on CBS. For those of you who have access to the Miami Herald, get a hold of one for every day of the tournament as there will be a 12-tournament Opening Round section and preview, and an 8-page section for every day following.

Collect this year’s history and recorded success of Andy and his fellow players, but online and in-hand. Stay tuned to AR.com for the latest coverage on the NASDAQ-100 (make link). GO ANDY!

Old 03-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #161
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

um, very informative. |:

|:
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:28 PM   #162
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

omg Yawn to this article.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:17 AM   #163
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting article

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:19 AM   #164
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell
OMG AMANDA. I just had a nap and woke up from the weirdest dream EVER and you were in it. You will not believe it when I tell you.

You got married to Robby Ginepri. And that is the BEGINNING.
|:
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 AM   #165
country flag acoffeygirl

acoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond reputeacoffeygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gosh...and I thought the students here couldn't write. Pst....take a writing class.

Through this world I've stumbled, So many times betrayed
Trying to find an honest word to find, The truth enslaved
Oh you speak to me in riddles, And you speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath, Your words keep me alive
And I would be the one, To hold you down
Kiss you so hard, I'll take your breath away
And after, I'd wipe away the tears
Just close your eyes dear
acoffeygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote