Battle of Biscayne Bay...Massu In Miami! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:40 AM   #61
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Battle of Biscayne Bay...Massu In Miami!

The chicos doubles match has been rescheduled for Monday. I had a feeling they might because Fernando's match ended so late, and I can't remember if Court 3 has lights.

Court 3: 11:00 AM Start
Cyril Suk (CZE)/Pavel Vizner (CZE) vs. Tomas Berdych (CZE)/Jaroslav Levinsky (CZE)
Ting Li (CHN)/Tiantian Sun (CHN) vs. Emilie Loit (FRA)/Nicole Pratt (AUS)
Fabrice Santoro (FRA)/Nenad Zimonjic (SCG) [5] vs. Mario Ancic (CRO)/Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Igor Andreev (RUS)/Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) vs. Paul Hanley (AUS)/Kevin Ullyett (ZIM) [4]
Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)/Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs. Robert Lindstedt (SWE)
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 03:48 AM   #62
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what a scoreline! Sorry I wasn't here Kid! What a match that must have been. to Nico-so close! But again, I am just so happy that he is playing well. Keep it up Nico!!!

And welcome back Nicofan! Can't wait to see your pics!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:21 AM   #63
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Nico, he had the match in his hands

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #64
country flag TommyB.

TommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond reputeTommyB. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck today Nico and Fernando...after these dramatical single matches on sunday!
TommyB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #65
country flag tennisace

tennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
The chicos doubles match has been rescheduled for Monday. I had a feeling they might because Fernando's match ended so late, and I can't remember if Court 3 has lights.

Court 3: 11:00 AM Start
Cyril Suk (CZE)/Pavel Vizner (CZE) vs. Tomas Berdych (CZE)/Jaroslav Levinsky (CZE)
Ting Li (CHN)/Tiantian Sun (CHN) vs. Emilie Loit (FRA)/Nicole Pratt (AUS)
Fabrice Santoro (FRA)/Nenad Zimonjic (SCG) [5] vs. Mario Ancic (CRO)/Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Igor Andreev (RUS)/Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) vs. Paul Hanley (AUS)/Kevin Ullyett (ZIM) [4]
Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)/Nicolas Massu (CHI) vs. Robert Lindstedt (SWE)
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Nicofan - I was there for all six hours of it yesterday. Was heartbreaking. Sat again with TeamChile (they asked where you were.) Will email you all the details when I get home on Wednesday. Have plenty of pics, too - and will be going to dubs match today.
tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #66
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Nico

Sounds so sad.

From Radio Cooperativa:

After the painful loss in third round of the Masters Series of Miami, the viñamarino assured that will manage to recover quickly to play its better level by Chile set against United States.

Nicolas Massú (46º of the ATP) left a sad image al to be said good-bye of the Masters Series of Miami with a loss to Czech Radek Stepanek (16º) in a match that had practically won, but beyond the hard blow that signified this reverse, the viñamarino was emphatic to indicate that arrive from the best form for seek its revenge set against United States by the Cup Davis.

After the fall for 7-6 (6), 6-7 (5) and 5-7 before the European, the pupilo of Gabriel Markus was declared confident in its level and indicated that all the efforts will be centered in representing to Chile in the series that will be played in Rancho Mirage (California) between the 7 and April 9.

"I have to be a head as I did it in Vina, that I lost the end and hurt me, but then I went to Brazil and I had the revenge, and this is thus. There would be me delighted to win, but my revenge will be the Davis Cup and in the important tournaments", assured the number two national.

"By as I am playing and tuning up a pair of things I believe that is going to go me well, although tuning up those small details, because that suddenly causes changes you a match", stated.

Regarding its sensations after delivering a match in which served for the triumph with the scoreboard 5-3 to its favor in the third one set, the double Olympic champion recognized that the spirit remained for the floor, but underlined that no longer one must continue thinking about it.

"You arrive al side room and five minutes ago had the match won, then that is difficult to accept, but there is not return behind. More oak one must expect a year to return to Miami and that hurts, but one is a sportsman and tomorrow one must coach equal and next week there is another tournament", commented.

"It escaped itself me and is difficult to accept it because is a match that had won, two times. Time ago me did not pass, and sadly came in a third round of a super one nine (Masters Series) and hurts enough, but the tennis is thus", added.

Nicolas Massú failed in its intent by arriving for the first time to the quarterfinals in Key Biscayne, but its presence in the Nasdaq-100 Open for will be maintained in the double, where Monday will play next to Fernando González front al binomial of the swedish one Robert Lindstedt (48º) and the Finnish one Jarkko Nieminen (130º).

The match of the viñamarino (55º of the specialty) and that of Gonzalez (31º) should be played this Sunday, but was deferred owed al great effort that both carried out in their respective losses. (Cooperative.cl)
Old 03-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #67
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisace
Nicofan - I was there for all six hours of it yesterday. Was heartbreaking. Sat again with TeamChile (they asked where you were.) Will email you all the details when I get home on Wednesday. Have plenty of pics, too - and will be going to dubs match today.

Hey there! I thought of you watching their matches. I think that would have cried if I was there. I wish I had stayed and changed my flight - I felt like I abandoned them. Yeah right - as if they really knew that I wasn't there.

And lucky you that you got to sit with the cute Chilenos! They were so nice. I wish that I had a chance to see them again.

Can't wait to see your pictures! My pictures came out okay - there were some good ones, but the videos rocked - I think next time I'll just take videos.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #68
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Nico and Feña today!! this has to be a better day after the terrible day that we had yesterday ... mi final thought about yesterday is that the Gradstand court is cursed thank God that today's match is not there, I was yelling yesterday when I saw the final of Feña's match "I can't believe it!! this is not happening again?!?!" ... poor boys and I saw an interview with Nico after the match and well like you read in the previous post from NicoFan, he was sad and trying to figure out why he couldn't end that match but he was calmn and I'm more calmn now ... the guy from ESPN said tha the Grandstand was the witness of the pain of an entire country, and I was like "not only Chile!! I'm suffering here too!!"

Tennisace, thanks for beign with our NicoFan!! You spend all day in that court with our boys and thanks for that, I spend the all day in front of the computer, what a day

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:47 PM   #69
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

to Nico. That was a tough loss. I imagine it is frustrating to miss some chances and to loose such a close match. DO NOT get discouraged though Nico!!!! You are doing so well-keep building on your successes-your making great progress.

Good luck to Nico and Fernando in the doubles match today!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:38 PM   #70
country flag tennisace

tennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan

Hey there! I thought of you watching their matches. I think that would have cried if I was there. I wish I had stayed and changed my flight - I felt like I abandoned them. Yeah right - as if they really knew that I wasn't there.

And lucky you that you got to sit with the cute Chilenos! They were so nice. I wish that I had a chance to see them again.

Can't wait to see your pictures! My pictures came out okay - there were some good ones, but the videos rocked - I think next time I'll just take
videos.
Back from TW. Saw most of the dubs match. Was entertaining and the boys looked relaxed even though they lost. Lovely Chilenos not at the match as they had to fly home that night. They were v nice to me on Sunday. Bought me ice cream and invited me to dinner (I declined.) I had no idea though that they were such close friends with HdlP and Fena. Did you know that one of them had been - until this year - President of Chilean Tennis Fed? And another the VP? They really took me in and even HdlP talked to me, chidding me for not coming back with food for everyone between matches and saying, jokingly, that he thought Amercans were known for their hospitality. And they all wanted to know if I'd be at DC.

Will try to upload my pics to Snapfish later today and will send you the link.
tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:57 PM   #71
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

hey tennisace, thanks for your report, is good to know something of what actually happenend during the doubles match, so thank you again!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #72
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisace
Back from TW. Saw most of the dubs match. Was entertaining and the boys looked relaxed even though they lost. Lovely Chilenos not at the match as they had to fly home that night. They were v nice to me on Sunday. Bought me ice cream and invited me to dinner (I declined.) I had no idea though that they were such close friends with HdlP and Fena. Did you know that one of them had been - until this year - President of Chilean Tennis Fed? And another the VP? They really took me in and even HdlP talked to me, chidding me for not coming back with food for everyone between matches and saying, jokingly, that he thought Amercans were known for their hospitality. And they all wanted to know if I'd be at DC.

Will try to upload my pics to Snapfish later today and will send you the link.
OMG...I didn't realize that we were joking with guys close to Horacio and Fena (and I'm sure Nico too). The guy that left last year as president with the CTF was a nice guy too - he was really excellent, and it was a shame that he felt the need to not seek re-election. Too long of a story but he got caught in the middle of a ridiculous power struggle. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of him so I can see which guy he was.

Looking forward to the pictures - I haven't gotten mine all up yet but will finish by the weekend.

Wish I was going to the DC tie. I tried but too expensive right after Miami.

And did you see the news on our Horacio? Looks like he and Fernando are going their separate ways. I'm devastated. I can't imagine Fernando without Horacio and not seeing Horacio at all of Fernando's practices and matches.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #73
country flag kidnicky

Of course that I saw the news about Fernando and Horacio but it seems, at least according to the press, that it's just a break and that they'll meet again in MonteCarlo ... for the first time I want to believe in what the press is saying 'cause I hate this switching coaches thing!! I want them together!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini