Ivo Heuberger - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
country flag TennisGrl

TennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Ivo Heuberger

Well, I thought that this Swiss tennis player deserved another thread...something that didn't just have to do with his looks.
I know that he has been trying to get out of a rut and I hope that he does. I have met him on several occasions and he has always been very nice.
He was recently in the quarterfinals of a Challenger in Kyoto, Japan.

Better results, I'm sure, are still to come. If you follow his tennis or would like to contribute, please do so.

I know his personal website is:

www.ivoheuberger.com

Maybe if we check it out more often, he will update it

Till then, later!!

Tennisgrl
TennisGrl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
country flag TennisGrl

TennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ivo Heuberger

Way to go, Ivo!!! He played great during the Tunisia Resorts Challenger and made it to the semis were he lost to Mardy Fish. Now, he is playing a tournament in Forrest Hills, NY were he beat the number #1 seed. I hope this is the start to a great comeback for you Ivo!
Best of luck
Old 05-19-2006, 03:25 AM   #3
country flag AsianSensation

AsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond reputeAsianSensation has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Ivo play qualifying at Washington as the #1 seed last year. He was pretty damn good.

Djokovic~Haas~Gasquet~Lopez~Dimitrov~Nishikori~Kar lovic~Fognini~Gulbis
AsianSensation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
country flag Netin!

Netin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond repute

Ivo will play in New Orleans versus Nick Monroe
Netin! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #5
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Come on and fight back, Ivo

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:04 AM   #6
country flag Nando_L

Nando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Ivo!

Kuerten - Edberg - Sampras - Rosset
Nando_L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
country flag Nando_L

Nando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond reputeNando_L has a reputation beyond repute

Heuberger d. Monroe 7/6(2) 6/3

Kuerten - Edberg - Sampras - Rosset
Nando_L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 PM   #8
country flag TennisGrl

Talking Re: Ivo Heuberger

I found a great article on Ivo and his US Open match...so, if you didn't get a chance to see it, this is the next best thing...the writer does a great job of describing all the important shots and seems to know the players personalities. Enjoy....

Written by:
Christopher Gerby

Found on: www.tennis-ontheline.com

Daniel Koellerer may not be a household name, but he already has quite a reputation on the challenger circuit. What kind of reputation? Well, for starters, Tomas Behrend and Hugo Armando circulated a petition asking the ATP to throw Koellerer off the tour. His allegedly rude, nasty behavior has gotten him fined, disqualified, and even punched (by Frederico Luzzi). This past March, the ATP finally went ahead and suspended the man they call "Crazy Dani" for six months. However, the ban doesn't apply to events run by the ITF, including Grand Slams, so Koellerer (who's managed to keep a Top 200 ranking by winning on the ITF futures circuit) remained eligible for US Open qualifying. And there he was on Wednesday afternoon, squaring off against Ivo Heuberger. Probably hoping to avoid major fireworks, the USTA had the good sense to give Steve Ullrich, one of the sport's most experienced and authoritative officials, the chair umpire assignment for this match.

With his multiple tattoos and wild facial hair, Koellerer looks like a rock musician (specifically, Travis Meeks from the neo-grunge band Days Of The New). Heuberger, meanwhile, is starting to go a little gray around the temples. Perhaps it's a side effect of the "Curse of Chucky," which seems to befall any professional athlete who dates Martina Hingis. Past victims include Julian Alonso (who virtually vanished after dating the Swiss Miss), Magnus Norman (forced into premature retirement by a largely unsuccessful hip surgery), and Sergio Garcia (perpetually stymied by his inability to win a major golf title). Heck, even Martina's current squeeze -- Radek Stepanek -- withdrew from this year's Open, citing a back injury. No wonder Heuberger, who famously frolicked in the Mediterranean surf with Hingis after her early loss at Wimbledon in 1999, had the bad luck to draw wild man Koellerer in the opening round.

Just two games in, Koellerer took an injury timeout and had his entire right foot taped. He seemed to be moving fine after that, but Heuberger did break him to take a 3-2 lead. Badly shanking balls in the sporadically windy conditions, Heuberger immediately gave the break back. Where Heuberger is fairly stiff and mechanical, Koellerer is all flash -- bouncing on his toes, springing up out of low crouches, repeatedly going to the drop shot well, and throwing in some theatrical flair whenever possible. Game 7 saw Koellerer hit an absolutely perfect between-the-legs lob...and actually win the point with it, as Heuberger missed the subsequent overhead. The very next point ended with Koellerer striking a balletic pose in midair as he let a Heuberger shot sail long. "It's like Cirque de Soleil!" one fan observed as Koellerer strutted to his chair with a 4-3 lead.

The rest of the opening set featured some flashes of temper (Heuberger throwing his racquet a couple times; Koellerer angrily punting a ball from one baseline to the other) and some athletic lunging volleys by the controversial Austrian. When the smoke cleared, it was time for a tiebreak...

DK serving: Koellerer unwisely lets a defensive Heuberger lob fall in -- 1-0 HEUBERGER
IH: A towering Heuberger mis-hit hangs in the air for ages before landing wide -- 1-1
IH: Heuberger nets a low backhand volley, whacks the ball into the woods, and gets a code violation warning -- 2-1 KOELLERER
DK: After steering a backhand wide, Heuberger bounces his racquet -- 3-1 KOELLERER
DK: Koellerer skids while hitting a delicately angled forehand pass for a winner -- 4-1 KOELLERER
IH: Off-forehand winner by Heuberger -- 4-2 KOELLERER
IH: Koellerer overwhelms Heuberger with a big forehand -- 5-2 KOELLERER
DK: Picture perfect backhand drop shot winner by Koellerer -- 6-2 KOELLERER
DK: Koellerer closes it out with a service winner -- 7-2 KOELLERER

A whippy topspin forehand winner allowed Koellerer to break for a 7-6, 2-1 lead and he didn't look back. After pulling ahead 5-3 in the second set, "Crazy Dani" raised his pointer finger, presumably indicating the number of games he had left to win. Heuberger stayed alive with a hold to 4-5, but Koellerer served it out in style, ripping one last forehand winner on match point to prevail 7-6, 6-4. Koellerer put his whole body into a fist pump and let out a primal scream. Immediately after shaking hands with Heuberger and Ullrich, he ran over to celebrate with his supporters. Koellerer then jogged back to his chair, pulled out his cell phone, and further shared the good news. Heuberger, meanwhile, was consoled -- and cheered up in no time flat -- by his fiancee Martha, who happens to be staggeringly beautiful. Maybe old Ivo's not so cursed after all.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:30 AM   #9
country flag TennisGrl

Where is Ivo Heuberger? I haven't heard anything about him in a long time. I know he was involved in the Davis Cup team uniforms, but is he not playing anymore?
Anyone have an update?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #10
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

Heuberger entered US-Open qualifiying? That is a shock!!!

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote