~~~Insane In Indian Wells~~~ - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:08 AM   #76
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~~Insane In Indian Wells~~~

Andreev shocks Roddick to reach Indian Wells quarter-finals

INDIAN WELLS, United States (AFP) - Russian Igor Andreev shocked an out-of-sorts Andy Roddick 6-4, 6-7 (5/7), 6-1 to reach the quarter-finals of the Indian Wells Masters Series.

It was another frustrating day for the third-seeded Roddick, who came into the tournament smarting from four losses this year to players outside the top 50.

Roddick, ranked number three in the world, had plenty of chances, but undermined himself with 45 unforced errors and let his emotions boil over to the point that he had a point deducted for repeated code violations.

That came when Roddick slammed his racquet into the court after double-faulting to drop his serve to love in the sixth game of the third set, setting up Andreev to serve for the match at 5-1.

Roddick had already been warned in the second set for swearing as he complained to the umpire about noise from the chair microphone.

Roddick was able to recover his poise and hold serve for 4-3. But he failed to convert three break points in the 10th game as the set went to the tiebreaker, in which Roddick hit a backhand wide on his first set point before catching Andreev out with a drop shot.

Andreev, 22 and ranked 26th in the world, had saved nine match points in a 16-14 tiebreak to beat Sweden's Robin Soderling 3-6, 7-6 (16/14), 6-4 in the third round.

He put Roddick on the defensive early with a crisp first-set display.

In the third he denied Roddick's three break chances in the opening game, then broke the American to love in the second game as he sped to a 4-1 lead.

He booked his quarter-final berth on his first match point, with a backhand winner.

In the quarter-finals Andreev will face either American James Blake or German Tommy Haas, who bundled eight-time Grand Slam champion Andre Agassi out of the third round.

BTW I really that new uniform range from Reebok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg igorIW.jpg (15.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg igorIW2.jpg (19.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg igorIW3.jpg (20.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg igorIW4.jpg (10.6 KB, 10 views)
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2006, 04:03 AM   #77
country flag Breakaway

Breakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Annie, Igor really played great I though! But he can even play better

Annie, are you from Russia? I am trying to learn Russian, but am hopeless. Its an interesting but very hard language to learn. One day I will get it (I hope)

Andreev, Mathieu, Murray, Tursunov, Safin, Youzhny, Davydenko, Kunitsyn, Korolev, Gabashvilli, Kuznetsov, Ginepri, Jarkko Nieminen and Nalbandian
Breakaway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:47 AM   #78
country flag Breakaway

Breakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond reputeBreakaway has a reputation beyond repute

Igor and Kolya beat Damn and Paes in doubles 10-8 in the Super Tiebreak! Today is Igors day!

Andreev, Mathieu, Murray, Tursunov, Safin, Youzhny, Davydenko, Kunitsyn, Korolev, Gabashvilli, Kuznetsov, Ginepri, Jarkko Nieminen and Nalbandian
Breakaway is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:55 AM   #79
country flag georgekuo1017

georgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond repute

HaHaHa,great!

Horia Tecau × Benoit Paire
Richard Gasquet × Marin Cilic
Simone Bolelli × Filippo Volandri
georgekuo1017 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:15 AM   #80
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

i have no idea why i am on at 5am but heh

and i betted on him damn me not being too risky haha anyways

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:25 AM   #81
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

Igor The insanity continues maybe he's insane enough to win the whole thing.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:17 AM   #82
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Igor's interview.

NTERVIEWS
March 15, 2006

An interview with: IGOR ANDREEV

I. ANDREEV/A. Roddick
6-4, 6-7, 6-1

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Igor.

Q. How does that feel?

IGOR ANDREEV: Well, feel very happy, no, because that's great, great victory. Beat Andy Roddick, especially in United States here, with his home crowd. It's very, very good.

Beside of this, I'm very happy the way I played. I mean, I had two tough matches before this match. I mean, I just got confidence, you know, when you are playing three sets. That's very good confidence.

Before the match, I knew that like I'm playing really well, I just have to concentrate, just try to give fight from the beginning. I was lucky that already first game I could make a break. That gave me more confidence, more like, in my game. So I just continued, you know, like try to do other things well.

Q. When he started to make that comeback and won the second set, had chances early in the third, how concerned were you, how worried were you?

IGOR ANDREEV: Well, in the second set, I think we have both good chances, you know, maybe to finish the set before the tiebreak. I had one breakpoint. Was a really good chance to make a break, then to close the match with the serve. But he just played really well that point. He come back and won this game. Then I have Love-40 on my serve. Had a big opportunity to win the set.

But still, I mean, when you are playing well, you know, like you are feeling comfortable on the court, it doesn't matter the score, you just have to fight. I mean, if you win a first set and you're fighting in the second, then you think that you already can beat this guys. Just doesn't matter if I lose some games or the set, I was feeling comfortable, you know, to fight till the last point.

Q. The first game of the third set, that had to be emotionally a big obstacle to overcome?

IGOR ANDREEV: Yeah, for me it was very big comeback. But still I was -- still, when I was Love-40, I was feeling, you know, like I could do this, I just have to play point by point, you know, try to work hard every ball. I knew I could do this.

Of course, after that, it gives you more confidence in yourself. Maybe he felt little bit upset with this game, that he couldn't make a break. I just try to use it, and it went well.

Q. You had to be aware that Andy was becoming very frustrated, right? You knew that he was becoming upset with himself. Did you take encouragement from that?

IGOR ANDREEV: Upset after what?

Q. At the way he was playing.

IGOR ANDREEV: Well, I don't know, but maybe he's not feeling hundred percent now with his game. Maybe. I cannot say. I mean, I knew that I will have chances in this match. A lot of things going to depend of him, but also a lot of things going to depend on me.

If I would do well the things that I had to do, I mean, I will have chances, you know. I mean, these players, they are top 10, but they are not robots, no? They can also make mistakes. They can also miss. If you are playing well, you are confidence, you can beat them.

Q. In your match with Soderling, we were advised you had nine match points against you and resisted all nine. After a guy has done that, don't you kind of get the feeling that it's your week?

IGOR ANDREEV: Week, no. But the day was mine, that's for sure (smiling). No, just today I won the game and I was playing well like for me. I can say I was playing well.

Now I have to continue on that way. Important now is not to relax, you know, because all the matches are very tough, so you have to be hundred percent to win them. Like if I continue playing this way, I mean, I can do really, really well in this tournament.

Q. What has been the biggest obstacle for you career-wise in terms of consistently improving your ranking and moving? What has given you the most trouble in terms of continuing to build and improve your ranking?

IGOR ANDREEV: What gives me the trouble?

Q. Yes.

IGOR ANDREEV: Trouble? Actually, I don't think about what giving me trouble. You know, just I know I have some like good things, some bad things. Like you have to also works on it. Nobody's perfect. I mean, I have maybe like good game from baseline. I know maybe I have to improve more, like go to the volleys to close the points with the net. I mean, that's troubles, but they're all, like, you can work on them, make them better.

I just try to, like, take positive things from the match and negative and work on the bad things.

Q. Is it more technical than mental?

IGOR ANDREEV: Well, mental, there are also some problems. Problems, no. But, like, when you are sometimes -- especially last year I was playing well some tournaments, a good week, after that I was making some kind of relax, everything going well. So maybe you don't have to work that hard that you did before. That was really a big problem, you know, because you cannot win if you don't work hard. You have to always work, especially when you're on like playing well.

I had the time that actually like I couldn't -- after playing well, I like started losing first round, first round. Then it was really tough to come back from that thing. But at the end of the year was much better. I think I improve a little bit on this. Now that I'm playing well, I have to, you know, continue doing right things, not to like relax, not to stop.

Q. Do players have more confidence going into a match against Roddick now, as opposed to Nalbandian or...

IGOR ANDREEV: Of course, that kind of victories gives you confidence. Now you can see that there's no problem, no, to beat these guys if you are playing well. I mean, you can do everything.

I mean, of course, it's going to help me in the future.

Q. About all the match points saved the other day. Before, what was the most match points you had saved?

IGOR ANDREEV: I think four.

Q. When you came back into the locker room, what were guys saying to you?

IGOR ANDREEV: "How you did it?" I don't know how I did it (smiling). No, everybody say, "Well done." No, was really like I think now I used all my luck for all my life. Hopefully that's not true. Still was really unbelievable. Nine match points, four or five on his serve. He's serving very well. I don't know how. If you ask me to explain, I cannot explain (smiling).

Q. Do you prefer to play against Haas or Blake?

IGOR ANDREEV: That's not big difference I think because they're both good players. Actually, playing I think same style. Doesn't matter. Especially this case, I have to be like more concentrated on my game, think about what I have to do.

Q. Andy had some references to an American television show the Simpson's. Have you ever watched that show?

IGOR ANDREEV: Yeah. Well, not a lot, but a few times.

Q. Do you know some of the characters like Homer or Sideshow Bob?

IGOR ANDREEV: Yeah, I know, but still -- I didn't see a lot of series. Maybe I just saw one or two.

Q. It's seen in Russia?

IGOR ANDREEV: Maybe on the satellite channels, but in general.

Q. In describing the tiebreaker, he said you went Sideshow Bob on the net in the tiebreaker.

IGOR ANDREEV: Well, I don't know Sideshow Bob is, a character from Simpson's?

Q. Right.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:19 AM   #83
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Masha I cannot believe they won the doubles, too

UDACHI against Blake sweetie!!!!!!!! time to take revenge for Sydney
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
Old 03-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #84
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

Igor
thats awesome!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #85
country flag Suzi

Suzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond reputeSuzi has a reputation beyond repute

oo thanks for interview maria i have to read it later though lolz im not exactly awake atm so it wont go into my head

Iguana, Biscuit, Pim Pim, the ledge that is Rafter! and my new love Nole!

Other Notable non-tennis supportees: Aaron Peirsol, LIVERPOOL, Kimi 'World Champ' Raikkonen, Thorkildsen, Adam Scott and many more......
and proud to be a morgette & mattiholic!!!
Suzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:02 AM   #86
country flag georgekuo1017

georgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond reputegeorgekuo1017 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for interview maria

Horia Tecau × Benoit Paire
Richard Gasquet × Marin Cilic
Simone Bolelli × Filippo Volandri
georgekuo1017 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #87
country flag {Annie}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakaway
Thanks Annie, Igor really played great I though! But he can even play better

Annie, are you from Russia? I am trying to learn Russian, but am hopeless. Its an interesting but very hard language to learn. One day I will get it (I hope)
Yeah I am Russian, I live in Moscow.. Nice to meet you

It sure is a very hard language for foreigners to learn If you need help, don't hesitate to ask
Igor Andreev
Mitya Torsonoff
Zhenya Korolev

MOHAMED LAHYANI
Old 03-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #88
country flag mutya

mutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond reputemutya has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the interview maria!!

Last edited by mutya : 03-16-2006 at 12:10 PM.
mutya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #89
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

teh "you know" "i mean" soap going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #90
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakaway
Igor and Kolya beat Damn and Paes in doubles 10-8 in the Super Tiebreak! Today is Igors day!

maybe they can make iw kc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote