Champions league 2nd legs Tue/Wed - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2006, 01:28 AM   #1
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Champions league 2nd legs Tue/Wed

My thoughts
Villarreal(2) to beat Rangers(2) @1.44 (or measly but 99% gaurenteed @1.16 to go through overall)
2-2 from 1st game, villarreal should walk this game so comfortably ..argentine capt. Riquelme tore gers apart at ibrox, scored 2 at the weekend... and will do damage again tonight, classy team this spanish mob and in last 8 european home games when they've needed some kind of result, they have got it every time, and that against far better teams than Rangers who are still struggling with SPL :retard:..
not that it would matter, but gers also have best player Prso out, Lovenkrands who's been the main source of goals looks 50/50 and a few others recovering from flu.
only worry about betting the win is a 0-0/1-1 draw would also be enough for Villarreal progression, and they can be very defensive minded at times, but talking about needing miracles for this Gers team to keep a clean sheet/concede only 1, bearing in mind they lost 2 to spaniards at home and had 2 other goals against them, incorrectly, ruled offside.

Juventus(2) to beat Werder Bremen(3) @1.44 (Juve @1.40 to go through overall )
Italian giants will go for all out win, super team at home and only reason they are not already safely through is they got sloppy at 2-1 up and lost 2 goals in the last minute during 1st leg..
this time last year Bremen lost 7-2 away in Olympic Lyon, strong italian team going for the all out win at home, should crush this german mob.

Barca(2) to beat Chelsea(1) @1.90 (barca @1.16 to go through overall)
i dont trust to bet in this match, but surely this tie is over.... Barca are strongest club team in the world this year and even with a 'relaxed performance' should secure easy win or at worst draw...
but the players are still fueled by revenge at chelsea so Eto, Ronaldhino and co will likely put chelsea out of their misery and strike early then let the londoners suffer trying to somehow pull of a miracle, dont wanna be getting counter attacked by a team with Deco, Ronaldhino and Eto.
over +2.5 goals @1.8
Under " " @1.9.

Wednesday's matches posted 2morro, other views wanted!

Last edited by Corey Feldman : 03-07-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #2
bad gambler

Default Re: Champions league 2nd legs Tue/Wed

I like Villareal with the -1 HC actually, I don't see them sitting back and trying to play a goaless or a 1-1 draw and McLeish is talking it up with resepect to the Rangers willingness to attack, so should give the Spanish mob plenty of chances
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
country flag SadrieL

SadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude
Barca(2) to beat Chelsea(1) @1.90 (barca @1.16 to go through overall)
i dont trust to bet in this match, but surely this tie is over.... Barca are strongest club team in the world this year and even with a 'relaxed performance' should secure easy win or at worst draw...
Barca are the strongest club on paper only, and games aren't played on paper. Chelsea aren't playing great lately but neither are Barca, so bet on this one at your own peril. You seem to have forgotten that Chelsea kept up with Barca with only 10 men on the field for over 60 minutes.

If you want a better bet, take over 2.5 goals, because this game will be very open. Chelsea need to score and Barca sure as hell aren't a club known for strong defense, so they'll be pushing forward too. I'm actually suprised the overs is priced so high. Goals can come from just about anyone on the field.

I'll be staying away from Juventus, they really shouldn't be giving up 3 goals to any kind of competition. I don't know enough about the bundesliga to evaluate Werder.

Staying away from Villareal too, only because I hope Rangers get through. They're a huge long shot but I hope they win the whole thing so they can get into europe again next season. You can laugh but you probably would've laughed if I said Liverpool would win the champions league last season too.
SadrieL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
country flag harvey

harvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond repute

Staying away from Villareal too, only because I hope Rangers get through. They're a huge long shot but I hope they win the whole thing so they can get into europe again next season. You can laugh but you probably would've laughed if I said Liverpool would win the champions league last season too.[/quote]

I'm laughing alright...no chance
harvey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
bad gambler

I have to agree, Liverpool at least had world class players in their side when they won (and yes I didn't think they had a hope in hell throughout the knockout stages last year). Rangers are simply flat out ordinary and will be lucky to get any sort of result in Spain IMO.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
country flag harvey

harvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond reputeharvey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
I have to agree, Liverpool at least had world class players in their side when they won (and yes I didn't think they had a hope in hell throughout the knockout stages last year). Rangers are simply flat out ordinary and will be lucky to get any sort of result in Spain IMO.

Yes, and liverpool had a supreme tactician in rafa benitez as manager, and one steven gerrard.
Rangers have Alex McLeish...
and they're 21 points off celtic's pace
and villareal are deadly at home...
harvey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #7
country flag Dollars & Cents

Dollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond repute

Instantly, I see a combinational bet based on motivation if we believe the 3 'giants' who face elimination will not fall at this early stage. Looking at each individual match and what is required:

Juventus: It's Deja Vu for Capello as for the 3rd consecutive knockout tie in this competition they have it all to do at the Del Alpi. At this stage last year they needed extra time to see off Real Madrid but then a round later despite having the away goal they couldn't get the win they required to advance past Liverpool. Now facing the same situation after Werder's late show two weeks ago - what will be Capello's strategy? A single goal win just like last years QF requirement will be enough but this time with a more positive and confident Juventus along with Bremen unlikely to demonstrate the defensive qualities last years eventual Champions did it seems likely Juventus will get the win.

With Bremen's attacking capabilities I am sure Capello will look for an early goal to get the advantage but most likely a 2-0 score at some stage in the match to put the tie it seems out of Bremen's reach. Juventus(-1EH) @ 2.25 (Gamebookers)

Liverpool: The defending Champions face elimination at this early stage after failing to get the clean sheet they entered Portugal looking for. However, their defensive ability is not under question but more at the other end with chances being created but not finished with the efficiency Benitez would like. 1-0 scorelines have followed and this weekend even a dreaded 0-0. Both results would not be enough for Liverpool to progress although 1-0 would force extra time. What Liverpool can't afford to do with their struggling strikeforce is to concede during the match as then a 3-1 scoreline would be required and whilst they achieved a similar feat last year against Olympiakos in must-win circumstances this would be up-hill battle.

A Liverpool win and with a clean sheet appears to be their best chance of progression. Liverpool to win to nil @ 2.38 (Gamebookers)

Milan: The Italian's are in a more comfortable position than the other two teams however their objective is likely to be as clear - to win! Ancelotti is not an 'old-style' Italian coach and will not send his players out to defend an advantage. This tactic when being employed either planned or naturally forced has not worked for Milan in the previous two years.

A win or winning advantage during the contest at the San Siro will diminish the possibility of elimination and with attacking players such as Pirlo, Kaka and Shevchenko Milan will look to attack or have the cutting-edge to score against a Bayern team which doesn't seem to be at 100%. Milan to win @ 2.05 (Pinnacle)

So if you are with me in believing those 3 teams will not fail and their progression is likely to depend on those factors a trixie looks a good shout with only 2 from 3 needed to return stakes with a small profit:

Juventus(-1EH) @ 2.25
Liverpool to win to nil @ 2.36
Milan(-0.5) @ 2.00

4 bets: total odds @ 25.15 (Gamebookers)
Dollars & Cents is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #8
country flag Dollars & Cents

Dollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond reputeDollars & Cents has a reputation beyond repute

Barcelona - Chelsea

I am in agreement with SadrieL that > 2.5 Goals is probably the way to go on this match given that Chelsea need to score twice to have any chance of progression.

I don't subscribe to the logic that this will be an easy Barcelona win. I rarely like to go against a coach as great and successful as Mourinho and I give them an outside chance of progression tonight. Dispelling a few myths here's why:

1) Chelsea will NOT attack and leave spaces for Barca to destroy them on the break. Chelsea have one successful way of playing with the 4-3-3 system and Mourinho will start with this and Drogba who Barcelona struggled to deal with.
2) Lampard will start and he is a player Barcelona respect and apparently was fit enough to play at WBA at the weekend.
3) Messi - let's get this into some context. He is the only significant change for Barcelona from the team that faced Chelsea last year. Two weeks ago he was the difference as he created the man advantage and Chelsea struggled to cope with him. Eto'o and (yes!) Ronaldinho now in three games against Chelsea I think have been handled pretty well! Last year Mourinho identified the right flank of Barca with Guily then the main threat and employed Gallas to keep him in check. Chelsea's biggest loss that night was the Frenchman's injury and I don't see an 18-year old as good as he is causing an experienced and excellent defender like Gallas those sort of problems.
4) Chelsea have won by more 2 goals or more away at Arsenal and Liverpool this season and also Man Utd last season. They scored last year at the Nou Camp when they attacked little and with 10-men two weeks ago. All this points at me believing Chelsea can definitely score and don't need to do anything radical to achieve this.
5) Tactics: Mourinho is still a much better manager than Rijkaard. Barcelona may have the better team but I do not trust Rijkaard's direction in this match. Barcelona will come out to attack as it's what they do best - but this probably aids Chelsea's chances. But why? Last year they entered Stamford Bridge with a similar advantage and were totally unprepared and again this time I don't fully trust Rijkaard. It has been said that he was the key two weeks ago as he urged his players to attack - but the fact that they only sparked into life when they fell a goal down I think is more about the players than him.

Considering all these factors and so often with a team not needing to win to advance I see a bet on the fixed odds win for Barcelona highly risky - but some value on those of Chelsea's especially as Chelsea win doesn't neccessarily mean Barca will be KO'd. Joining the consensus that >2.5 Goals appears the best selection.
Dollars & Cents is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #9
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by =SadrieL
Barca are the strongest club on paper only, and games aren't played on paper. Chelsea aren't playing great lately but neither are Barca, so bet on this one at your own peril. You seem to have forgotten that Chelsea kept up with Barca with only 10 men on the field for over 60 minutes.
personally i thought Barca were better all the way, even with 11 men..
they were also far better in last years games and somehow lost 4-5 over 2 games.. chelsea are gonna get some severe payback tonight.
but i commited to Villarreal to beat Gers @1.50
Just saw Juve's lineup tonight, world class in every position.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #10
Banned!

and chelsea havnt even looked the team they were last season..
least not in these last 2 months or so
Old 03-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #11
country flag its.like.bolar

its.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.bolar has a reputation beyond repute

CL matches are just to watch and enjoy
its.like.bolar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #12
country flag b_boy

b_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond repute

CL matches
b_boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #13
country flag b_boy

b_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond reputeb_boy has a reputation beyond repute

Villarreal
barcelona
over 2.5 goals
b_boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #14
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

I play only fucking Bayern to make the QF @2.70
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #15
country flag Dublin Mick

Dublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond reputeDublin Mick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
I play only fucking Bayern to make the QF @2.70
Dont do it, Bayern are going out, definitely.
Dublin Mick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote