NRL Round 1 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
country flag andrew057

andrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NRL Round 1

Sorry guys, im a little excited opening the season kick off. Found these early odds for this weeks games, spread should be released tomorrow.

West Tigers $2.60 vs. St George-Illa $1.50

Newcastle $1.80 vs. Parramatta $2.02

Canterbury $1.44 vs. Penrith $2.80

Manly $1.37 vs. Canberra $3.10

Warriors $1.74 vs. Melbourne $2.10

Souths $3.20 vs. Roosters $1.35

Brisbane $1.67 vs. Nth Queensland $2.20
andrew057 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
country flag andrew057

andrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew057 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NRL Round 1

Even though Parra are my team, im leaning on Newcastle at home with that price.

Also like Melbourne away, theyve always performed well in NZ and with the disruptions the Warriros have had i Think $2.10 is good value.
andrew057 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:53 AM   #3
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew057
Even though Parra are my team, im leaning on Newcastle at home with that price.

Also like Melbourne away, theyve always performed well in NZ and with the disruptions the Warriros have had i Think $2.10 is good value.
Agree with ya Andrew on both pics,actually been lookin at them myself a feel just as strong that Newcastle with fully strength side will be more then a handful for the Eels,also Melbourne are are playin unbelieveable ball atm n should get over the line in New Zealand!Lookin at the Broncos over Cowboys,also think theres value there,havent looked at the list but feel its pretty strong lineup with a nice pic up of St George Matthew Innes!!!!!There goal kicking will no longer be a problem as long as his there for the time!!!Just as excited as you are Andrew and wait for AFL aswell!!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:24 AM   #4
bad gambler

The parra v newcastle game on saturday night has an interesting twist to it now that is was confirmed Smith will coach the Knights next year, effectively a direct swap of coaches to the respective teams
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #5

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
The parra v newcastle game on saturday night has an interesting twist to it now that is was confirmed Smith will coach the Knights next year, effectively a direct swap of coaches to the respective teams
My exact thoughts after watching the news,adds abit of spice to the game even more!!!!Fireworks gonna fly left,right n centre!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:57 AM   #6
bad gambler

Lets roll...

OVERS 45.5 Tigers v Dragons - $1.90

gl
Old 03-10-2006, 06:30 AM   #7
country flag ScottAaron

ScottAaron is on a distinguished road

Gee Andrew, if the Eels cant beat Newcastle your in for a pretty disappointing year.

I just hope for your sake they sack your spanker of a coach asap, but known your luck they'll probably replace him with a donkey like Rocket Reddy!!
ScottAaron is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #8
bad gambler

Quote:
Lets roll...

OVERS 45.5 Tigers v Dragons - $1.90

gl

lost
Old 03-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
country flag sparkus8

sparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond repute

Just one bet for me so far for tomorrow night.

Manly Sea Eagles (-10.5) v Canberra Raiders - 3 units x $1.90 (Bet365)

Last year we saw the addition of Ben Kennedy lift the Sea Eagles from cellar dwellers to a playoff team. This season they have added a quality half back and centre in Matt Orford and Steve Bell and once again this should make a huge difference.

The addition of Orford means Manly now have a quality set of halves, something they definitely did not have for the back half of last year as they opted to play with an extra forward instead of a 5/8.

Bell is also a massive upgrade as he replaces veteran centre Terry Hill and when you add him to a back line that already features noted speedsters in Brett Stewart and Chris Hicks you have the recipe for plenty of points.

Manly also have a big, mobile pack that will give plenty of teams problems this season assuming they stay relatively injury free.

Another advantage for Manly is thier home ground. They won their first seven games at home last season by an average of 18 points, before their late season slide saw them end with an 8-4 record.

Canberra were woeful on the road last year going 3-9. In those 9 losses the margin of defeat was 16ppg and that was with a slightly stronger side than they have this season.

Canberra will struggle to contain Manly as they have a relatively inexperienced back line and a smaller forward pack, their only saving grace is the skill of Schifcofske and Smith, but those two alone will not be able to save them tomorrow night

I will be anxiously waiting to see what the total is set at. If it is something around 50 points I will definitely be on the over as well.

Cheers,

Sparks
sparkus8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #10
bad gambler

No bias involved in that bet right spark?

I will be on the over
Old 03-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #11
country flag sparkus8

sparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond reputesparkus8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No bias involved in that bet right spark?

I will be on the over

I think that is my least bias post concerning Manly that I have ever written. Watch them towel up Canberra tonight in front of a sellout Brookvale Oval.

I also forgot to mention that the two times Manly and Canberra played last year the Sea Eagles won 36-14 and 36-18.

Cheers,

Sparks
sparkus8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #12
country flag SadrieL

SadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond repute

Eagles gonna work their way from top of the table to the bottom again?
SadrieL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadrieL
Eagles gonna work their way from top of the table to the bottom again?

Sea Eagles are even better suited this yr mate,they will have another good yr with their list,got alot of pace out wide aswell witch helps them alot also some good young talent !!!
Old 03-11-2006, 05:29 AM   #14

Going with gut instincts right from the start when looking at this game between the Knights n Eels,last yr Knights touched them up while the Eels were hot!!This game the Knights are even stronger n with Jones n Buderus wanting to have a good start especially infront of their home fans!!!!HH2 matchup favours the Knights stright away with where the game is gonna be won n thats with the halves n hookers,how can you go past the best 2 in the Business!!!!!This game should be an absolute gimme IMO but sonce alot o f shit has been happening with both these clubs who knows what fireworks are to come!!!

40 units on Newcastle Knights 1.80 over Paramatta Eels- All explained above!!!!

Ohter leans on Manly -10.5!!!Waiting for Broncos game 2morro aswell n Storms are tempting!!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #15
country flag SadrieL

SadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond reputeSadrieL has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck knows why I took the Eels over the Knights, any team Johns is playing on turns into a team of supermen.
SadrieL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote