Worried about Juanqui - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2003, 02:46 AM   #1
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Worried about Juanqui

JC has now lost six matches in a row. . .a first for him and this worries me. Ever since the US Open, it seems like he's been on a downward spiral (save for the TMS Madrid win) and I am worried that his less-than-stellar end to 2003 will affect his playing (or his mental game) going into 2004.

The Houston masters was just a nightmare. His record was the worst of the bunch; he didn't win one match and he looked like he just didn't give a shit about it all. The Davis Cup loss against an injured player just added another thorn in his side.

In contrast, his top seed peers will be going into 2004 feeling pretty good about themselves: Roddick is No. 1 and king of the hardcourts; Federer played Houston like a flute and walked away with the pot of gold as well as gaining new fans; veteran Agassi beat the young guns to make it to the semifinal with Federer and was the only player of the lot to give Federer any kind of serious competition all week (the first match, not the final). Everybody moved up in the rankings except for JC, who moved down. Yikes.

And defending his Roland Garros title will be difficult; the Argentines will be a serious threat to him next year.

On top of all this, JC just looks flat-out miserable, tired, and unhappy to me. I actually thought he was ill in Houston, that's how out of it he looked. The tennis off-season just isn't long enough for players to relax and recover from their injuries and I know he has complained of this before.

I hope JC will be able to recover and shake off this bad run and get back on track in 2004. He doesn't strike me as being a headcase but I still don't like seeing him so down like this.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 12-04-2003 at 02:50 AM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2003, 03:49 AM   #2
country flag Jazzy

Jazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond reputeJazzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried about Juanqui

i'd just lik 2 no tangerine_three.... r u a JC fan or not????
Jazzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 05:28 AM   #3
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute

every player has a period of going down, fysicly or psychic. Now i think it is ferrero. If he is a great man, he will come out; just give him time

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Claudine :bounce
claudine140 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 06:14 AM   #4
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

tangerine dream--you have put my thoughts into words PERFECTLY...i have felt the exact same things and have no idea whats going on in that mind of his. He's looks SO down and miserable and i've been really worried but i guess theres no way we'll know whats going on...we'll just have to see what happens next year when he comes back to Australia. I hope he's not having big personal problems out of tennis or something but obviously...we wouldnt know and theres no point speculating whats wrong but whatever is wrong, i hope it gets better soon and our Juan Carlos feels better soon again
Old 12-04-2003, 10:23 AM   #5
country flag joske

joske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond repute

Damn I thought I was the only one thinking that... But you know guys, Claudine is right on this one! Every player can have a period during which he or she is not playing as good as he or she can. But I'm sure that, if we give him some time, he'll make up for it in the future. I can't believe that a guy as talented as JC would simply vanish from the top 3, top 5, top 10 or whatever... *although Hewitt has been pushed out of the top 5 in no time, which is kind of a scary thought* Argh what am I saying!

We WILL prevail !!!
*omg i'm beginning to sound like Mr Bush of the US of A... YIKES*

Hail King Juan Carlos
joske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 11:23 AM   #6
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ joske
i'm more worried than nething, worried about why he's being so sad and looking so miserable but it's all a matter of time as we said *sigh*
poor baby
Old 12-04-2003, 12:40 PM   #7
country flag joske

joske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't you just wanna hug him to comfort him? *hehehe* Our sweet prince.... *hmmmm, you guys also have this feeling that your obsession with JC is getting out of hand?*

Well, here in Belgium we always say "thank God being crazy doesn't hurt"
(you guys have a saying like that too? think it's kinda appropriate in this situation )

greets 2 my sweets @ Denaon's Place, The Spa & Roddickland

yes, as a matter of fact I am a fag..
and one who loves to touch homophobes' special area too, so mind your language

A N D Y J C
joske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 06:32 PM   #8
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about Lleyton Hewitt??!! If he goes down then thats good! I really strongly dis-like him and I dont care if he goes down...but JC, such a talented guy and deserves to stay in the top 10 has had such a bad end-of-season. I really hope he does get back on the horse and starts playing good and winning again...but I think bad luck is on his side...just not playing so well has made him slip down.

Lets all hope that he will bounce back and have a season he will never forget!! (May it be a good one!!)

Good Luck!

BTW its so cool to see how many ppl are worried about JC's state (not in a mental way)...shows how many ppl like and care for him soo much!! Ahh!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 08:57 PM   #9
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's worrying but I'm sure he'll be fine. At least I hope so!
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:09 AM   #10
country flag esther

about pulling a hewitt...dont even think about comparing JCF to hewitt!!!!! JC is 1000000x more tennis player and person than him and please never ever compare him to hewitt again!! lol

i'm still worried about JC and will be until i see him play a match again. It was just really disheartening to see him during DC and that week before and he just looked so out of it and depressed
Old 12-06-2003, 02:56 AM   #11
prazz_m

prazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond repute

i think we need to give him a little time...i hope he can just relax for a little while and i hope he doesn't keep reliving the davis cup matches...but i'm worried that they'll be constantly analysing them to try and improve his technique but while doing that it'll just make him more sad
i just want him to smileeeeeeeeeeee

hopelessly devoted to you....arnaud and juan carlos
prazz_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 11:41 AM   #12
country flag esther

but he had problems before DC as well...and it will just make things even worse
Old 12-07-2003, 01:04 AM   #13
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

I think you guys are overreacting a bit.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 01:37 AM   #14
country flag esther

u didnt see how depressed he looked! but yeah i can see how you would think we're overreacting, we just need to give him some time, he's had a hard year and hes just probably tired and needs a break physically and mentally.

Good luck in 2004 JC
Old 12-07-2003, 03:57 AM   #15
Lynne

Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you guys. Juanqui didn't really have a good time at the Masters Cup , and for a moment I thought he was gonna win in DC ( taking the matches into deciding sets ) but his nerves got the better of him I guess.... or he was unlucky. It might be a blow to his confidence but he or rather we shouldn't give up on him!! He can bounce back!
C'mon Juanqui!

*#16 Ferrero Tard*

Vision without action is a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare.

Good Luck Juan Carlos Ferrero, Novak Djokovic, David Nalbandian, Richard Gasquet!
Lynne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote