You know...The Awful Truth is... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #1
country flag Tourmalante

Tourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond repute
Default You know...The Awful Truth is...

There is no doubt in my mind that had Rafael entered the Australian Open in any semblance of form he would have beaten Roger comfortably. This is the first time that I have thought a Grand Slam wasn't won by the true "best player" for it due to injuries. With everyonelse Roger can play at 50% 98% of the time and 98% 2% of the time and win with some heart-thumping moments of suspense or two. With Nadal he can play at 98% for 98% of the time and 50% 2% of the time and lose in 3 if he is lucky. I don't think a turn in this rivalry is as simple as prolonged exposure in more tournament finals. If Roger keeps losing to Rafa, whether or not he learns a few things along the way, Rafa will start looking at matches against him like he is playing Julien Benneteau. And with Rafa his mind and body are totally in sync. If he believes it, he does it. I must admit that I am totally in awe of Nadal even though I will always fundamentally have some gripes about his approach to tennis, and will always be Roger's fan above his. Nadal is a RAGING BULL- the kid is an absolute animal. Even more than Roger, I always expect him to win matches. His mental fortitude dwarfs Roger's and Hewitt's put together. He just cannot be denied. And if Roger doesn't understand that he must go in wanting to kill Rafa(like he did in the 1st set) and erase those lapses of concentration that so painfully defeated him, he better move to a new york sidewalk and start practicing how to pick up pieces of rotten hot dog bun.
Tourmalante is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #2
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know...The Awful Truth is...

Didn't you hang up your ninja gear a while back?
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #3
country flag Tourmalante

Tourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond reputeTourmalante has a reputation beyond repute

No, I only sent it in for dry cleaning
Tourmalante is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #4
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmalante
His mental fortitude dwarfs Roger's and Hewitt's put together. He just cannot be denied.
This is laughable. So I guess it takes no mental fortitude to win 7 slams, eh? So he's lost to Nadal a few times, big deal. Detroit(an NBA team) lost to Utah twice this year, but does that mean that Utah is a better team?
Old 03-04-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it interesting how one loss can bring certain people crawling out of the woodwork?
Quote:
Originally posted by Tourmalante
he better move to a new york sidewalk and start practicing how to pick up pieces of rotten hot dog bun.
Gimme a break! Laughable.....................

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
country flag Ginger

Ginger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond reputeGinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmalante
move to a new york sidewalk and start practicing how to pick up pieces of rotten hot dog bun.
Your own goals in life don't need to be Federer's ones...
Ginger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #7
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

...Federer got his ass handed to him today?
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
country flag Skyward

Skyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger
Your own goals in life don't need to be Federer's ones...
Skyward is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:56 AM   #9
country flag Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez
...Federer got his ass handed to him today?
2-6, 6-4, 6-4 is an ass handing? Well, of course, some Federer fans expect him to win all his matches 6-2, 6-3 (or better), so I suppose that's not surprising.

Anyway, no, seven Slams doesn't require any mental fortitude. What do you know, Federer has no competitive spirit whatsoever, which is why he loses so many matches, and doesn't squeak out victories ever.

I am a fan of Federer, Gasquet, Baghdatis, the long-deceased Safin, Youzhny, Nalbandian, Rochus, Tsonga, the sadly-departed Santoro, and good, hearty, competitive tennis matches. The quality of my life does not rest solely on who wins these matches. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I can live quite happily after a player I like chokes, mugs, bashes, or otherwise succumbs to a loss.
Flibbertigibbet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #10
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

I Am So Sad Fo Roger, I think he must be upset to lost to Nadal again~
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote