Arnaud,Paulo and many more to play an exhibition in Geneva! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-08-2003, 09:47 PM   #31
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arnaud,Paulo and many more to play an exhibition in Geneva!

AHHHH beg her for Carlos Paulo and Marat too, lol
*begs*

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2003, 02:24 AM   #32
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

ohhh cool
*waits* thanks michelle!
Old 12-09-2003, 04:29 AM   #33
prazz_m

prazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond repute

i found the most annoying thing about going in that group earlier this year at ao was just that they didn't want to really go for the tennis as such and they didn't relaly know THAT much about tennis but they were just there for the sake of being there and they had invited themselves...
all i wanted was a peaceful day seeing the players i wanted and not having to do stupid things that people who weren't even that interested in being there wanted to do...

hopelessly devoted to you....arnaud and juan carlos
prazz_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 10:53 AM   #34
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

they werent that bad tho...coz they all fell in love with JC!! LOL oh funny and they came half way thru the day
Old 12-09-2003, 01:07 PM   #35
country flag michelleg

michelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond repute

First things first: As promised, the post and the link to Katie's website where the pics from Geneva wil be posted. Bad news? Arnaud was a no-show, which probably means that the other Arnaud was a no-show as well. Theres a good Yannick story there etc. Taken from the Clement's Corner board....

Author: Katie , Dec/9/2003 03:46:57 [-06 CST]
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/worldwidetennis

Hey!!!
Well the Tennis in Geneva was great!!!The players who were there were Bahrami,Noah,Llhasek,Santoro,Boetsch,becker,Federe r,some wheel chair players,Amelie Mauresmo and Manuela Maleeva!It really rocked!!!I managed to take some pictures also,about 33!So, i hope that they will come out well!Basically in the beginning, the players were warming up with some upcoming swiss players!It was great to see,and these youngsters are quite impressive nowadays, they hit the ball so hard for their age!Anyway, there were many doubles matches such as:Noah,Mauresmo-Mauela Maleeva,Boetsch.And there were of course singles matches where Federer played all of them!And he won every match!It is so amazing to watch him play, so light on his feet,such precision with his shots,and very talented!
The atmosphere between all players was awesome!They were all so relaxed and smiling ALL the time, it was great to see compared to very important matches,where they all stay focused!
Yannick Noah of course spiced the evening up with his sense of humour,we were all prctically falling off our seats, because he was so hillarious!
A great evening it was with a lot of good tennis!I will put the pictures up on my website, witha report of the match!Will keep you all posted!

Arnaud wasn't there though which was a shame

Thanks to Katie for posting!
michelleg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 01:24 PM   #36
country flag michelleg

michelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond reputemichelleg has a reputation beyond repute

And now replying to the off-topic, but highly interesting conversation we were all having about doing the tennis "en masse.."

I have decided to go solo mostly because I have found that I meet more players when I am alone versus with a group. I got to have dessert with Fernando Vicente only because the others in Montreal were back at the tennis and werent hovering about. He's my new best friend, lol. It was rather ironic, because the first thing we talked about was the "group" and where were they. He said he had thought that I was French because he had heard me speaking with Caro and Amelie (the French girls that came to Montreal this past year) and to the waitstaff in French and that I wasn't loud like the rest of the ladies in the group. He said that Americans are too loud for him and was I sure they wouldn't be coming back? (It was 1 in the afternoon...they were at the tennis, I was back at the hotel.)

I have been to player parties, have had the best fun when it was only two of us. Even then, I still felt like I was responsible for someone else (I spent most of the night trying to set her up with a certain tennis player and then ended up on the dance floor with him myself!!!)

So, I now travel almost alone, but pick and choose verrrrrry carefully who I sit with and travel with at tournaments. Miami I am hoping to have one of my French friends (she runs a DiP site which is fab!) with me-we were at Bercy together. I remember one time at Miami, taking pics of Tommy Haas all by my lonesome, nobody else watching him practice...I was getting great smiles, etc. until someone that I knew came along and practically started yelling/making a commotion which distracted him. I ended up just leaving because I was so embarrassed.

So its just me and my superduper zoom lens....(soon to be replaced with magnificent digital SLR camera!!!!) I like it better that way.

And it also has helped that I am blonde (LOL!!!) and look about ten years younger than I actually am (sometimes I still get carded!)
Old 12-09-2003, 03:56 PM   #37
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Arnaud and Dip were not in Geneva because they are in stage in l'Alpe d'huez (ski resort) with their coach.
And I think Paulo is on stage too, in les Vosges (mountains near Strasbourg)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:06 PM   #38
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

PAULO'S PLAYED! AND GUY TOO!

Here some results:

Amélie Mauresmo & Paul-Henri Mathieu beat Guy Forget & Bacsinsky (the swiss new hope) in two tie-breaks.

Amélie Mauresmo & Fabrice Santoro (practising for Hopman Cup ) beat Mansour Bahrami & Maleeva (Manuela, I think), 8/6, 7/5.

Guy Forget & J Hlasek played against Paul-Henri Mathieu and Yannick Noah & Arnaud Boetsch played against Boris Becker and Mansour Bahrami!

Eurosport will show highlights Wednesday 17th December at 13 CET

Last edited by Lindsayfan : 12-09-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:18 PM   #39
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

What a lucky girl, Amélie !! pffff...and she has any idea of her chance...

I am disguted !!!!! ANY pic of paulo on yahoo sport...just noah, Mac, forget and rogi !!

Guy Forget
Old 12-10-2003, 02:37 AM   #40
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute

Marat and Carlos didn't show up *sad*

I wanted photos

Michelle - I think you need to come down here to Melbourne and take me to some of these player parties! LOL

I was going to go to one this year but I didn't get around to it because I was at another party instead

(Had it been the OFFICIAL players party I would have skipped my friends room mates party and gone - but since it wasn't, I didn't bother)

GOOD LUCK

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

Old 12-10-2003, 02:40 AM   #41
country flag lizabeth..*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
What a lucky girl, Amélie !! pffff...and she has any idea of her chance...
No, I don't think she does Marine lol

GOOD LUCK

Old 12-10-2003, 01:33 PM   #42
country flag michelleg

Lizabeth - I wish I could come to Melbourne! In fact, one of the girls from the official Clement site is coming with me to Indy (Caro, who was with me in Montreal and Bercy) so hopefully we will be at the player party...depends on where it is held and if I can get her "proper identification" (its usually held in a club, which means you have to be 21 to even enter.) Last year there were so many "underage" players in the tournament field that it had to be held at a restaurant so the majority could actually attend!!!

Although player parties can be kind of scary (as in rowdy)...Killer (Paul Kilderry) is probably the wildest one I've seen. The Frenchy coaches can be a hoot as well (theres one, think its Llodra's coach, who made rounds with the ladies saying some pretty forward things...he grossed me out entirely.) That's where I met Thierry and Remi, in fact. I sat down with Thierry to get away from Llodra's coach, LOL.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:44 PM   #43
country flag Marine

Michelle, I suppose you speak about caroline, the girl with orange hair and very pale face? (lol)
I already saw a pic of her in Monteral with Arnaud, and this year in Metz, I watched her at tv, she was just behinf the empire, then, in Bercy, I saw her in the crowd too. She is everywhere, no ? It seems that Arnaud knows her, no ?

Guy Forget
Old 12-10-2003, 02:14 PM   #44
country flag michelleg

Yep, that's the same Caro. Arnaud does know her, as after Metz, he gave her a kiss on the cheek and also gave her his blue Lacoste shirt he was wearing!!!!!
Old 12-10-2003, 06:38 PM   #45
country flag Marine

Yes, I was not sure, but at tv, after his win, I had seen him going to see her and kiss her, and I was a bit surprised..."Is she a fan or a friend ?", I thought ! lol Hehe, I know Arnaud is lovable with his fans (in spite of what Esther thinks), but, at this point... ...I belive I'm going to make ennfort the next year, and try to meet him !!! I want a kiss too !!

Guy Forget