California Dreaming In The Desert Heat - Indian Wells - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #46
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California Dreaming In The Desert Heat - Indian Wells

I just realised who will be one of the next opponent of Nico and I'm so sorry for all the Nico fans What a draw for Nico A big for all the Nico fans ...but let's be positive...who knows...?

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #47
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Elea and Lovely what a draw huh?? but like you said, in tennis anything can be possible so we'll see and first we've to think about the first round, sorry for Calleri and Rosie but VAMOS NICO!!!!!!!

btw the guy that made the draw .... I just cursed him

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 PM   #48
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

This just sucks. Poor Nico.

Last year poor Fernando got stuck with Roger all the time, and now its Nico.

I just hope he beats Calleri - it made me crazy last fall when when Nico lost to him when I know that Nico is a much better player.

So VAMOS NICO in the first round!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:36 PM   #49
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I must be honest too - I'm not as upset as I usually would be. I didn't expect much at IW anyway.

It takes Nico a couple weeks to get used to hardcourts.

I would rather have him lose to Roger in the 2nd round than someone he shouldn't lose to just because he's not ready yet.

And he'll really push playing Roger - kind of like playing Fernando at Vina and Carlos at Buenos Aires - can get him match ready on hardcourts faster.

Have to look at the silver lining in everything.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #50
country flag Chileno

Chileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond reputeChileno has a reputation beyond repute

Crap draw for the Chileans... Xp ...anyway, buena suerte a todos!!!
Chileno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:03 AM   #51
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

well I'm not upset NicoFan, just surprised of our bad luck and please shhhs!!! about that Nico could be stuck with Roger all the time just as Feña the last year.

And I really hope that he can beat Calleri in the first round, that would be good for him and I was thinking about what he said that right now the other playes would say "oh no! I've to play this guy??" ... I'm not expecting that much because like you said it take a little while to get used to the hard courts but I'm pretty sure that he can give some pain in the butt to most of the top players

Also like you said, I preffer that he lose against Roger instead of a nobody like the last year, so VAMOS NICO!!!!!! you can win the first round!!

BTW if he plays Roger, I'll have the freacking match on TV .... and the chico always have some extra power for the top players

And I preffer this instead of having the chilean press behind him if he'd have had the side of the draw that Feña's got, because he can face some of the potential players of the US DC team, you know that they'd be saying "this could be an anticipated test for Nicolas Massu" and crap like that

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-08-2006, 12:15 AM   #52
country flag NicoFan

I'll probably get teh match too!

Yeah, Fernando has it rough. Lots of pressure on him - one, because its masters series, and two, people will look at it as a preview of Chile-US DC.

But I hope he doesn't look at it that way. He's had shoulder and wrist problems. All he should care about is seeing how he feels physically, get back into playing again, and do the best he can.

I doubt he'd lose to Dent - Taylor isn't playing well. But James will be difficult (but I think very doable if Fernando is feeling well). But even if he loses to James, for me its not a preview - two different surfaces, two different events. So hopefully the press won't be giving Fernando sh*t like they usually do.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:30 AM   #53
country flag kidnicky

You're so right NicoFan! And hopefully Fernando won't take it in that way, but you know how annoying can be the chilean press when they want ... Actually they already have on their websites that Roger is waiting for Nico and in small letters they have that Nico has to beat Calleri first ... thank God that the guys are not in Chile and hopefully they have blocked the chilean sites on their laptops

Anyway VAMOS NICO!!!! BUENA SUERTE SWEETIE!!!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #54
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

What a bad draw for Nico ...

Let's hope he'll beat Calleri and then play a great match with Federer

As NicoFan and Kidnicky said is better if he loses to Federer than to an unknown player

Buena suerte !!!!!

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #55
country flag NicoFan

Kid - I saw that too! I was like what the heck? Of course, all I can think about is Roger - not Calleri!

I know it won't happen - but wouldn't it be soooooooooooooooo cool if Nico could somehow beat Roger? I watched the Roger/Rafa match, and Roger had a couple bad games. Its a very long shot, but well, I have to hope.

I just hope that its a little close. If its one-sided our poor Nico will be so sad.

I feel bad for him here - having to face Roger - quelle nightmare for our sweetie. He's been working so hard and playing so well. Hopefully he'll just go in there and figure, what the heck, go for it. And whatever happens, happens.

Nico...love ya no matter what happens.

Last edited by NicoFan : 03-08-2006 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:53 AM   #56
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you guys have pretty much said it all. I was like in shock but after reading your posts I feel better about it. And the screw ups at IW redid the draw 3x before getting it right! Fena's draw is better now. He would meet James in the quaterfinals now should he get that far. (fingers crossed for both of them).

And the upside,like you've mentioned, Nico may get on TV if he gets to the 2nd round and Rog. First Agustin though. One match at a time!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:47 AM   #57
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky
thanks Elea and Lovely what a draw huh?? but like you said, in tennis anything can be possible so we'll see and first we've to think about the first round, sorry for Calleri and Rosie but VAMOS NICO!!!!!!!

btw the guy that made the draw .... I just cursed him
Thanks This draw sucks big time for me - and Juan withdrew - I hate Indian Wells!!!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:06 PM   #58
country flag NicoFan

Here's the updated draw - they had to do it 3 times to get it right.

Much better for Fernando But no change for our poor Nico.

And sorry Rosie that Juan withdrew. And yes, I hate IW too - and Miami really so don't know why I'm going the 2nd year in a row there in person. Well the tournament is nice but Nico doesn't do well there and neither did Fernando last year.

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI v Bye
CALLERI, Agustin ARG v MASSU, Nicolas CHI
RUSEDSKI, Greg GBR v WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI
Bye v (30) ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
(19) HRBATY, Dominik SVK v Bye
HORNA, Luis PER v BRACCIALI, Daniele ITA
Qualifier v YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS
Bye v (16) GASQUET, Richard FRA

(11) KIEFER, Nicolas GER v Bye
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
Qualifier v SANGUINETTI, Davide ITA
Bye v (21) ANCIC, Mario CRO
(27) MONFILS, Gael FRA v Bye
PAVEL, Andrei ROM v Qualifier
Qualifier v (WC) WARBURG, Sam USA
Bye v (6) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO

(4) NALBANDIAN, David ARG v Bye
Qualifier v LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP
Qualifier v DJOKOVIC, Novak SCG
Bye v (29) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG
(17) GINEPRI, Robby USA v Bye
MOODIE, Wesley RSA v SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
SPADEA, Vincent USA v BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG
Bye v (14) FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP

(10) FERRER, David ESP v Bye
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v SERRA, Florent FRA
MAYER, Florian GER v (WC) PHILIPPOUSSIS, Mark AUS
Bye v (22) NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN
(28) MOYA, Carlos ESP v Bye
Qualifier v SAFIN, Marat RUS
Qualifier v MURRAY, Andy GBR
Bye v (5) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

(8) AGASSI, Andre USA v Bye
GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA v MARTIN, Alberto ESP
Qualifier v CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
Bye v (26) HAAS, Tommy GER
(17) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP v Bye
CARLSEN, Kenneth DEN v MULLER, Gilles LUX
(WC) QUERREY, Sam USA v DENT, Taylor USA
Bye v (12) BLAKE, James USA

(13) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI v Bye
SODERLING, Robin SWE v MELZER, Jurgen AUT
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v BEHREND, Tomas GER
Bye v (24) ANDREEV, Igor RUS
(32) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP v Bye
KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO v ZIB, Tomas CZE
Qualifier v ACASUSO, Jose ARG
Bye v (3) RODDICK, Andy USA

(7) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG v Bye
MIRNYI, Max BLR v SAULNIER, Cyril FRA
BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE v ROCHUS, Christophe BEL
Bye v (25) BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP
(23) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE v Bye
(WC) YOUNG, Donald USA v HENMAN, Tim GBR
PASHANSKI, Boris SCG v SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER
Bye v (9) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS

(15) STEPANEK, Radek CZE v Bye
MALISSE, Xavier BEL v SANTORO, Fabrice FRA
VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL v Qualifier
Bye v (20) GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA
(31) VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA v Bye
Qualifier v (WC) FISH, Mardy USA
VIK, Robin CZE v HERNYCH, Jan CZE
Bye v (2) NADAL, Rafael ESP
Old 03-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #59
country flag kidnicky

Yeah, I still don't get it NicoFan, why are you still going there??? and I was reading that the IW people took the wrong rankings and the had to do it 3 times?!?! anyway, it doesn't matter it's still the same freacking draw for Nico

I'm better now, Nico has to beat Calleri no matter what and then just enjoy and give a good match against Roger, but I'm trying to stop thinking about Roger and beign focus about Calleri so VAMOS NICO!!!!!

And good to know that Feña got a better draw, at least the chilean press will leave him alone until the qf's

I guess that Nico is taking this draw better than us I mean he knew that he'd have this kind of draws and hey, playing against the number 1 in the world shouldn't be a nightmare, you've to take advantage of that oportunity, anyway I'm rumbling here

Love ya Nico!!!! always and all the time

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 03-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #60
country flag kidnicky

Oh NicoFan now I think that I found a reason for you going to Miami, the boys will be playing doubles!!!! I just read that in la tercera.cl because Hans wants that the boys play together before the DC tie and to try to play different like if they were playing on grass, you know, not so behind on the court

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini