Be honest with this question - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
country flag Marat Safinator

Marat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond reputeMarat Safinator has a reputation beyond repute
Question Be honest with this question

I have liked him since 02, my favourite year when safin was playing great and wearing that cool shirt the same as nicolas' . anyway do you think Nicolas can get back to the top 50? I dont think he will although he obviously has the talent, but I really feel him going down top about 180 but lets hope he can get back to the top 50 atleast. I want to see him in every tournament again.
Marat Safinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Be honest with this question

you want me to be honest? okay, i am sure he´ll make it back to the top 50. we all know how talented he is, the problem is or hopefully was that he had much bad luck during the last 1-2 years, so if things are going their way again like back in the "good" years, i´m sure he´ll come back. maybe being angry because of all the bad luck even helps him fighting even more, we´ll see! just let´s hope the best for him and keep our fingers crossed!

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Jule . I also believe he really can make it back to the top 50 if he recovers well. Besides all the physical problems Nico really is a great player and I'm sure he'll be back one day .
Old 02-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

I would call myself an occassional fan. I have a weak spot for him, I can enjoy him playing when I see him. I do like something in his game, and I think he is very good-looking also. Unfortunately, seeing him playing is recently just not enough. Last time I SAW him playing was in the World Group playoffs against Austria last year. And before in Munich where he also played (played really okay against Nalbandian). At least something. But I don't follow his results on the Challenger curcuit much.

As for his chances getting back into top 50... okay, he's turning 30 soon now which means it's high time for a comeback, if he wants to start one. I don't think he will make it back into top 50. I give him chances for top 70 or 80, but I don't think top 50. My feeling is that he is lacking the last determination to achieve that and that some of his stamina and willingness was lost over the last few years. I wouldn't say he is lazy now, but I got the impression the last spice is missing. How do you see it?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind being wrong, though...

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #5
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

What do we think about on which level he can come back? The MAIN thing now is to get healthy, and even if he will later not be able to become again a Top 50 player he STILL knows to play tennis. All of those, who are in the Top 250 in my opinion are very good tennis players on a level a hobby player envies them to have.

All that doesn't mean, that I wouldn't love to see him on his best level again

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:42 AM   #6
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, It's been so long since I've seen him play. I mean I think it was in 2002 or 2001, so that's why I haven't been here as much as I should have. I mean I'm definately a fan, but it's hard when u haven't seen them in a while. Not to mention it's hard to follow his tournaments cuz he's playin Challengers alot, so.... But from what I do remember he has a pretty all around game. Very good movement and groundstrokes with alot of spin, very good on clay( Actually could someone inform he me/ whatever I'm leaving out)

But just seeing his results. Like reaching the top before and getting to the finals of big tournies I think he can get back to the top 50, but it's hard for me to judge I just wish I could see him play to know, but............
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:27 AM   #7
country flag ms_kt

ms_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond reputems_kt has a reputation beyond repute

HI everyone... It'll be great to see him come thru into the top 100... what about his self confidence? Do you all believe that he's got enough self belief in himself to get back to what he used to have? It's not that we don't believe in what he's capable of doing, but, with the set backs he's had over that past few years... What do you all think?

Vamos Nando
ms_kt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
country flag Jule81

Jule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond reputeJule81 has a reputation beyond repute

well, i think it depends on the people around him. i think he needs a great coach and lovely friends and esp. his family to cheer him up, tell him how good he is and stuff like that. not that they should lie to him, they just need to tell him what his advantages are and that he still can beat (nearly) everyone on a good day. i hope he still has self-confidence and i´m sure it strongly depends on how he´s doing the first couple of weeks after his comeback so let´s keep our fingers crossed he´ll be doing great so that it´s gonna be easy for him to believe in hisself as much as we do!

* SOARES * M. LOPEZ * VERDASCO * SIMON *
* ARMANDO * HARTFIELD * GAUDIO * ROBREDO *
Jule81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #9
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree with you, Jule
And ofcourse he needs all his great fans cheering at his matches .

Personally I think Nico still believes in himself, if he didn't why would he be back playing so soon? And he experienced a few setbacks before which he all overcame, so with all that experience I hope he'll be back on top before we know .
Old 03-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
country flag Woody!!

Woody!! is on a distinguished road

I agree with us jule and kezzi....... I'm really happy to see that he is already playing back.....I think that he can find his older tennis (I don't know if I can say that...I'm sorry my english is really bad.... )
I hope to see him playing his best tennis...and of course get back to the top 50 at least!!I whish it to him because, according to me, He can do it!!!!!!!
Woody!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #11
country flag Kezzi

Hi Woody
I think we all can understand what you mean, so don't worry about your English .
Old 04-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #12
country flag Woody!!

Woody!! is on a distinguished road

Woody!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote